V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #15,887 of 23,366
Quote:
I hope the new pads will reduce the bass just a bit.

basshead.gif

Thems fightin words !!! LOL

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #15,890 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone use the Boom Pro Mic in Windows? It works flawlessly on Mac but Windows can't detect it for some reason. I'm trying to play a game of Sanctum 2 with a fellow Head-Fier. :p

Windows only detects my MacBook Pro's Cirrus Logic on-board microphone.

You need to use the splitter for it.  Mac and some PC can take the 3 ring plug but most PC can't.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #15,891 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone use the Boom Pro Mic in Windows? It works flawlessly on Mac but Windows can't detect it for some reason. I'm trying to play a game of Sanctum 2 with a fellow Head-Fier. :p

You need to use the splitter for it.  Mac and some PC can take the 3 ring plug but most PC can't.

I should have clarified: I'm running Windows on my MacBook, so the 4-ring TRRS jacks should be detectable, I think. Actually, this model MacBook only has a single 3.5 mm port, so even if a splitter was required I wouldn't be able to use it. :/

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #15,892 of 23,366
Quote:

There is no support on the windows side for the mic portion of the mic/headphone combined jack on MacBooks.

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #15,893 of 23,366
Quote:
There is no support on the windows side for the mic portion of the mic/headphone combined jack on MacBooks.

You might be able to find a custom driver for it though. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #15,895 of 23,366
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #15,898 of 23,366
XL UPDATE - ACOUSTICS APPROVED - NOW IN PRODUCTION

We did a serious listening test of the final 4 variations and decided on #6 in the graph below.  As I have always said, never trust response curves solely as "the fit is the sound" and your individual ear crafts the final response curve - like a room and speakers.  Having said that, it is helpful to take a peek at the machine responses AFTER we test with our golden ears.

I delegated (hard for me to type) my team handle the golden ear tests as I do not have big enough ears to be a customer for this product.  I trust this team, they are a hand-picked group of true hi-fi fanatics who have helped me tune the M-series and VAMP.  We even do hearing test audiograms to make sure we can hear properly when testing.

Whew- so, there we go  - I finally green lighted mass production and I'll have dates soon.

Other Projects
We launched BoomPro/CoilPro and are launching Tuono (the short lightning cable).  Now I must focus on other future products in the works and setting up our international distribution channels and new Europe offices (Milan and Germany).  AUSTRALIA is launching in a few days, Italy and Dubai launched a few weeks ago. And I have some VERY SPECIAL news to announce soon.  

It is quite incredible to me, I cannot wait to reveal it (and no this special news is different is not a product).

One country at a time!

Final XL Cushion test candidates (again solid evidence that flatter is not always better when it comes to FR curves as your ear shapes the sound more than the FR data):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back