V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 8, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #917 of 1,160
Update: I got one from a friend today and it's definitely comfortable. I can wear it for like 4 or 5 hours. The sound seems a little bit different from the M100, but the wireless performance is solid.

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #918 of 1,160
At the leftside of my CFW the inner foam of my xl pad is twisted, I tried to twist it back but without any luck.
https://imgur.com/a/zOZi1

Does anyone else have this problem? Tips to fix it?

I wouldn't want to send it back, last time I sent  my old pair of LP2's back it cost me around 35 EU, shouldn't have ticked the box for track and trace 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: added extra photo in Imgur link

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #920 of 1,160
  At the leftside of my CFW the inner foam of my xl pad is twisted, I tried to twist it back but without any luck.
https://imgur.com/a/zOZi1

Does anyone else have this problem? Tips to fix it?

I wouldn't want to send it back, last time I sent  my old pair of LP2's back it cost me around 35 EU, shouldn't have ticked the box for track and trace 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: added extra photo in Imgur link

I have a similar problem, but haven't found a solution. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #921 of 1,160
Anyone having issues with playback skipping and stuttering when in bluetooth mode walking outside? I was in nyc today and it was like using a cd player in the 90s. I had the phone in my pocket on the same side as the controls. It was seriously jarring how much it happened.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #922 of 1,160
Anyone having issues with playback skipping and stuttering when in bluetooth mode walking outside? I was in nyc today and it was like usong a cd player in the 90s. I had the phone in my pocket on the same side as the controls. It was seriously jarring how much it happened.

I've noticed this primarily when I start playback as soon as I turn the headphones on. If I turn them off and back on again, then wait a moment before resuming play, the skips are gone.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #923 of 1,160
  I've noticed this primarily when I start playback as soon as I turn the headphones on. If I turn them off and back on again, then wait a moment before resuming play, the skips are gone.

It's happening at home now too. This is weird. I walked to the kitchen a few feet away with no solid walls, it cut out twice. Left my phone on a table and dropped something, went to pick it up and it cut out. In the car as a passenger, phone in right breast pocket of a jacket, it cut out once every few songs. I also notice more lag on videos than before. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, as I think i'm just out of the 60 day trial. Anyone else experiencing cut outs in bt mode? wired they still sound solid. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #924 of 1,160
  It's happening at home now too. This is weird. I walked to the kitchen a few feet away with no solid walls, it cut out twice. Left my phone on a table and dropped something, went to pick it up and it cut out. In the car as a passenger, phone in right breast pocket of a jacket, it cut out once every few songs. I also notice more lag on videos than before. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, as I think i'm just out of the 60 day trial. Anyone else experiencing cut outs in bt mode? wired they still sound solid. 

You're making me want to spend this week listening through Bluetooth only. I've been listening wired since I prefer the cable controls to those on the earcup. I remember the early days of Bluetooth, when going outside almost always resulted in the signal cutting out. The codec has made advances since then. My House of Marley speaker and my soundbar do have trouble sometimes if I'm cut off by a wall.

Going back to an earlier post, does anyone else with the XL pads have a slightly crushed foam in either one or both of the pads? This doesn't change the comfort level, it's more of an aesthetic issue than anything, IMO.

One more random thought - I'm going back to Android in the next few months, and since the BT codec the CFW uses is pretty much Apple-exclusive, I'm a little concerned about a possible dip in quality. Has anyone else tested with iOS and Android devices? Should I be worried?

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #925 of 1,160
  You're making me want to spend this week listening through Bluetooth only. I've been listening wired since I prefer the cable controls to those on the earcup. I remember the early days of Bluetooth, when going outside almost always resulted in the signal cutting out. The codec has made advances since then. My House of Marley speaker and my soundbar do have trouble sometimes if I'm cut off by a wall.

Going back to an earlier post, does anyone else with the XL pads have a slightly crushed foam in either one or both of the pads? This doesn't change the comfort level, it's more of an aesthetic issue than anything, IMO.

One more random thought - I'm going back to Android in the next few months, and since the BT codec the CFW uses is pretty much Apple-exclusive, I'm a little concerned about a possible dip in quality. Has anyone else tested with iOS and Android devices? Should I be worried?

Works fine w/ all of my devices and sounds virtually identical on all of them.  iPad, Macbook, Galaxy Tab S2, Nexus 6P and Galaxy S7.  I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #926 of 1,160
Ok so heres the deal, I recently got myself a pair of v moda crossfade wireless headphones, and wired I love the sound, im a fan of heavy music, rock, metal whatever so the bass I get from these is awesome without overpowering the mids and trebles... and I also use them for gaming with a turtle beach dss2 module for virtual surround and again awesome.....but the bluetooth....kind of lacking, and ive read since that these phones do not support any high res codecs like apt x which to me is astounding....I mean we`re talking a £200+ pair of phones here....and yes you can tell the difference, Before these I owned a pair of august ep650s which although one hell of a lot cheaper(about £30) do support apt x and I have to say.....the bluetooth to me on the augusts sounded better then the v modas which is shocking when you consider the price difference!

But heres the thing, amazon in the uk have a great return policy I know as ive taken advantage of it before....as long as the item isnt damaged and you return it in original packaging within 30 days they will refund/exchange ..and ive been reading up on the sony mdr 1abt phones which feature a wired spec similar to the v modas and bluetooth support for aptx and Sonys own ldac high res codec (which I can take advantage of as my phone is a sony xperia z5 which supports this)

So im almost certainly going to return the v modas and do a straight swap for the Sony phones. I do like the v modas for gaming and wired performance but I want a quality pair of bluetooth phones and they just dont seem to meet that requirement.

But my question is.....firstly is support for aptx etc every going to be a likly addon from v moda? I mean im unaware whats required, can this be added via a software/driver update on the phones or is this never going to be a possibility? Secondly other then the sonys what other recommendations for similar sounding phones would people give me? Im looking for something closed back, with a decent amount of bass but not stupidly overpowering the mids and trebles as you get in cheaper phones.

Ive heard good things about the bose quiet comfort as well but the sonys support for high res codecs and the compatibility with ldac on my main device for bluetooth music(that being my phone) swing it for me.....any reason why that shouldnt be the case?

Its a shame the Oppo pm3s are about £100 more expensive again or id probably go for them as Ive heard good things about planar headphones but £350 is a bit out of my budget(and although I like my music im not willing to go that pricey for a pair of phones)

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #927 of 1,160
Ok so heres the deal, I recently got myself a pair of v moda crossfade wireless headphones, and wired I love the sound, im a fan of heavy music, rock, metal whatever so the bass I get from these is awesome without overpowering the mids and trebles... and I also use them for gaming with a turtle beach dss2 module for virtual surround and again awesome.....but the bluetooth....kind of lacking, and ive read since that these phones do not support any high res codecs like apt x which to me is astounding....I mean we`re talking a £200+ pair of phones here....and yes you can tell the difference, Before these I owned a pair of august ep650s which although one hell of a lot cheaper(about £30) do support apt x and I have to say.....the bluetooth to me on the augusts sounded better then the v modas which is shocking when you consider the price difference!

But heres the thing, amazon in the uk have a great return policy I know as ive taken advantage of it before....as long as the item isnt damaged and you return it in original packaging within 30 days they will refund/exchange ..and ive been reading up on the sony mdr 1abt phones which feature a wired spec similar to the v modas and bluetooth support for aptx and Sonys own ldac high res codec (which I can take advantage of as my phone is a sony xperia z5 which supports this)

So im almost certainly going to return the v modas and do a straight swap for the Sony phones. I do like the v modas for gaming and wired performance but I want a quality pair of bluetooth phones and they just dont seem to meet that requirement.

But my question is.....firstly is support for aptx etc every going to be a likly addon from v moda? I mean im unaware whats required, can this be added via a software/driver update on the phones or is this never going to be a possibility? Secondly other then the sonys what other recommendations for similar sounding phones would people give me? Im looking for something closed back, with a decent amount of bass but not stupidly overpowering the mids and trebles as you get in cheaper phones.

Ive heard good things about the bose quiet comfort as well but the sonys support for high res codecs and the compatibility with ldac on my main device for bluetooth music(that being my phone) swing it for me.....any reason why that shouldnt be the case?

Its a shame the Oppo pm3s are about £100 more expensive again or id probably go for them as Ive heard good things about planar headphones but £350 is a bit out of my budget(and although I like my music im not willing to go that pricey for a pair of phones)

I LOVE my MDR-1ABT! Fantastic sound through bluetooth! I have an LG G4 with supports aptX but I'm hoping one day to purchase a Sony device with LDAC support so I can take advantage of the higher res codec which from what others here in these forums have stated is a noticeable difference. I got mine through Amazon direct from Japan for $100 less then original asking price. I'd say if you could get a good deal on them, def go for it! Good luck with whatever you go with!

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #928 of 1,160
I LOVE my MDR-1ABT! Fantastic sound through bluetooth! I have an LG G4 with supports aptX but I'm hoping one day to purchase a Sony device with LDAC support so I can take advantage of the higher res codec which from what others here in these forums have stated is a noticeable difference. I got mine through Amazon direct from Japan for $100 less then original asking price. I'd say if you could get a good deal on them, def go for it! Good luck with whatever you go with!

Ive got a topping nx2 amp when I feel like plugging them in and the ldac codec when I dont, just hope they sound as good for gaming with the dss2 virtual surround box ive got. Def gonna give them a try I think anyway, im actually really suprised at v moda...with the reputation for top quality they have its amazing they didnt include any high res codec support on the crossfades, esp as even much, much cheaper pairs do feature this. I wonder what the thinking was there?

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #929 of 1,160

These can be updated to support aptx, they also don't recompress anything that is MP3 or ACC/ACC+ up to 320kbps, so there would be no advantage in using aptx for those two formats with the CFW.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778150/v-moda-crossfade-wireless-exclusive-preview-videos-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/315#post_11942639

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778150/v-moda-crossfade-wireless-exclusive-preview-videos-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/600#post_12073374

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #930 of 1,160
Anyone whos more familier with them and v moda know why they didnt include such features? It baffles me....somethings wrong when my £35 pair of augusts sound better then a £200+ pair of v modas because they didnt bother to include high res support for bluetooth mode.....major oversight? Or a genuine reason fot exclusion? It pisses me off as I love the look and build quality of the v modas but no point in keeping a pair of bt phones that dont sound good unless their plugged in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back