V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 20, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #286 of 1,160
Yes, about 2 weeks ago...... But originally ordered rouge, and they emailed me and said I can wait 3 weeks for the rouge, or they could ship out white silver that day.... I couldn't wait, lol

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #291 of 1,160
Not to digress from the shield topic, that youtube review was awesome and absolutely nailed it with the Crossfade Wireless!! Agreed with what he said the review.

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #292 of 1,160
I agreed too..... And as good as they sound wireless, they sound even more amazing wired.... I plugged them into my Oppo Ha-3, from an iPod touch 5th generation, and they Blew me away... The sound was crystal clear

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #293 of 1,160
Long time lurker here.  I was super excited when I saw V-MODA was releasing a wireless version of their M-100s.  This was followed by slight disappointment with regards to lack of Cliqfold and complete bewilderment by the omission of Apt-X.  I have read a number of posts claiming bluetooth quality is better than other leading Apt-X headphones, which seems very counterintuitive barring LDAC or some kind of sorcery.  I don't consider myself much of an audiophile, but sound quality has always been noticeable better in my experience when listening to bluetooth headphones that support Apt-X vs those without.

I would really like to buy a set of these new headphones for myself and another pair as a gift for someone else (alternatively looking at Sony's MDR-1ABT). However, I just can't reconcile the lack of Apt-X with the claims of exceptional bluetooth quality.  How this is possible?

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #294 of 1,160
  Long time lurker here.  I was super excited when I saw V-MODA was releasing a wireless version of their M-100s.  This was followed by slight disappointment with regards to lack of Cliqfold and complete bewilderment by the omission of Apt-X.  I have read a number of posts claiming bluetooth quality is better than other leading Apt-X headphones, which seems very counterintuitive barring LDAC or some kind of sorcery.  I don't consider myself much of an audiophile, but sound quality has always been noticeable better in my experience when listening to bluetooth headphones that support Apt-X vs those without.

I would really like to buy a set of these new headphones for myself and another pair as a gift for someone else (alternatively looking at Sony's MDR-1ABT). However, I just can't reconcile the lack of Apt-X with the claims of exceptional bluetooth quality.  How this is possible?

In my experience, there are non-aptX codecs that are nearly indistinguishable from aptX (to my ears). The lack of insight into the codecs used for each connection makes it difficult to determine which is which. However, my MDR-1ABT sounds just as good when connected to my Surface Pro 3 (which to my knowledge does not support aptX) as it does when connected to my LG G3 (which I have verified is using aptX via root access and CatLog). I think the connection with the Surface is using AAC rather than SBC. I have used other headsets such as the Pendulumic Stance S1+, which sounded significantly better when connected to my phone than to my Surface, so the quality really is dependent on the specific implementation/codec used. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #297 of 1,160
I ordered my Crossfade Wireless yesterday and I didn't receive any Voucher. I read somewhere they would give them until end of September right?
How I am supposed to receive it

I had assumed they just extended the expiration date for the vouchers issued earlier. I placed an order a couple days ago and haven't received a voucher either (but I wasn't expecting to receive one since the pre-sale already ended).

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #299 of 1,160

Actually, these gave me a double-take too as we cannot print "Lamborghini"!  They are actually non-laser engraved brushed black aluminum shields, with a high quality, car/motorcycle badge Lambo sticker.

Oh weird, is it copyright related? Also, have you ever considered doing leather shields? I saw someone had a pair custom made and they look fantastic.

Sorry, couldn't help myself after reading the tag. "Imran Khan lives with his dad and mom..."
tongue.gif
  Fans of Howard Stern and "Hanzi" will know and appreciate what I'm talking about
biggrin.gif

But on topic of apt-X codec, since it was mentioned above, people have to realize it's just a part of the equation.  There are multiple dozens of $20 aptX wireless headphones on Amazon/eBay from non-brand Chinese vendors (who I seriously doubt even pay licensing fee).  Do they all sound great?  No, because codec just contributes to compression of the sound, while the muscle work of decoding and analog reproduction is done by DAC, drivers, transducer tuning, and earcup acoustic design.  If you want to get the best out of the sound, you want to through in everything you got at it, including support of your best codecs.  But even without aptX, the true test is how it sounds wired from HO of your sources vs wireless.  That can give you a better idea of wireless mode implementation and its quality.

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #300 of 1,160
Welp, if no one gets shipping confirmation today, the Friday arrival date is looking highly unlikely. 

I did pay for ups ground (extra 11 dollarydoos)so tO'Day (tuesday) is the latest they can ship for Friday delivery assuming ups ground is a max of 3 days not considering transport delays. Did you get any confirmation on the shields? I'm hoping to get them at the same time as the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back