V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 6, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #151 of 1,160
Really curious to see first-hand pictures of the Phantom Chrome and the Rogue if anyone has it (although I don't think that one has shipped)!

Impressions vs M-100? Still torn whether to order with only three days left on the pre-order deal. Honestly when I bought the M-100 I wasn't looking for wireless headphones, more so looking for aggressive audio quality, but with the shield deal I'm strongly considering it.

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #152 of 1,160
  Really curious to see first-hand pictures of the Phantom Chrome and the Rogue if anyone has it (although I don't think that one has shipped)!

Impressions vs M-100? Still torn whether to order with only three days left on the pre-order deal. Honestly when I bought the M-100 I wasn't looking for wireless headphones, more so looking for aggressive audio quality, but with the shield deal I'm strongly considering it.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #153 of 1,160
Looking good! How compact is the case it comes with?

I think the place V-MODA dropped the ball here is that I want my wireless headphones to be even more portable than my wired pair. I'd prefer not to have to carry a bag just for a headphone.

If they released an wireless IEM with the M-100's signature I'd be all over that.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #155 of 1,160

Looking good! How compact is the case it comes with?

I think the place V-MODA dropped the ball here is that I want my wireless headphones to be even more portable than my wired pair. I'd prefer not to have to carry a bag just for a headphone.

If they released an wireless IEM with the M-100's signature I'd be all over that.

Its about the size of the older cases, but i bring mine to work or the gym so i usually already have a bag/backpack with me

Nice. Did you go for the XL pads?

Yes I heard that they were much better than the stock pads.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #156 of 1,160
It seems a few people have these in hand already but we don't really have good objective reviews or any hard questions answered...

- What is the quality of the buttons like and do you think they can stand the test of time 

- How noticeable is the quality between plugging in the headphones and using bluetooth

- Has anyone used these connected to two devices simultaneously, one wired, one paired via BT 

- How long does it last on one charge

- How long does it take to charge

- How good is the range 

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #157 of 1,160
  It seems a few people have these in hand already but we don't really have good objective reviews or any hard questions answered...

- What is the quality of the buttons like and do you think they can stand the test of time 

- How noticeable is the quality between plugging in the headphones and using bluetooth

- Has anyone used these connected to two devices simultaneously, one wired, one paired via BT 

- How long does it last on one charge

- How long does it take to charge

- How good is the range 

- The buttons aren't to clicky but seem like they could last quite awhile

- Ive only actually used them in bluetooth as of now and for the music I listen to (Ani-songs and EDM) it sounds great to the point sometimes I forget im using a bluetooth headphone. Granted yes Ive heard better in open headphones but thats an entirely different story.

-Have not connected to 2 devices yet.

- When I got it I wanna say it was on about half charge and I got around 3-4 hours before i had a quarter left

- I actually just put it on the charger today at about 1/4 battery left and I fully charged in maybe 1-2 hours not sure since I was playing destiny while it charged lol

- My phone is in an upstairs room at the back of a house and I was able to be downstairs in the front with no interruptions so it could be even further.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #161 of 1,160
  I mean I can compare wired and wireless cause isint wired pretty much m100?

This is an assumption at this point.  It could sound better - thanks to potential incremental improvements that have may been made since the M100 was released, or worse - due to the potential technical compromises that had to be made, while retrofitting active electronics & controls, in order to keep the price below a certain point.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #162 of 1,160

Val mentioned that when you plug in a jack into the headphone, all electronics will shut down. He did say that you can have 2 connected devices with the headphone at once through BT though.

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #163 of 1,160

This is an assumption at this point.  It could sound better - thanks to potential incremental improvements that have may been made since the M100 was released, or worse - due to the potential technical compromises that had to be made, while retrofitting active electronics & controls, in order to keep the price below a certain point.

Yeah but its an assumption based on the fact that this is exactly what they set out to achieve in the first place.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778150/v-moda-crossfade-wireless-exclusive-pre-sale-150-voucher-video-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc#post_11847595

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #165 of 1,160

Yeah but its an assumption based on the fact that this is exactly what they set out to achieve in the first place.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778150/v-moda-crossfade-wireless-exclusive-pre-sale-150-voucher-video-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc#post_11847595

And since when do we take marketing spiel as gospel?  Or when a presidential candidate says they will do something if elected, we take that as fact too? :)

I mean no disrespect to V-Moda but what many people don't appreciate is that this is a actually a challenging problem to solve and is easier said than done.  Just take headphones X and add BT - right?  Wrong!

For starters, you have to deal with the addition of electronics impacting the acoustics in one ear.  So you have to compensate for that as much as you can, while adjusting the tuning in the other ear to match that.

You want proof?  Tyll's measurements of Sony's MDR-1R vs MDR-1RBT (in passive mode) from a couple of years ago make for an interesting reading - they are anything but identical.  If anything, the 1RBT in wired mode have a lot more similarities with their own wireless mode than they do with the 1R.

So, if the wireless M100 indeed have the identical passive sound to the wired version, this will be a significant technical achievement rather than a result of a "if it ain't broke..." approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back