V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 8, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #166 of 1,160

you have to deal with the addition of electronics impacting the acoustics in one ear.  So you have to compensate for that as much as you can, while adjusting the tuning in the other ear to match that.

I've been wondering about that, too, and about how my extreme EQ presets in Rockbox would sound in wired mode on these new V-Moda wireless headphones, versus on the M-100. I often boost 30 Hz by more than 30 dB (if you combine the EQ with the bass boost switch on the Cayin C5 amp).

How much difference in acoustics would the extra circuit boards make inside the ear cups? Would adding these to the design be like inserting filler boards into a subwoofer box -- in which it reduces the enclosure space -- thereby reducing the low-end sub-bass, and boosting the mid-bass? Would the maximum excursion (i.e., "Xmax") of the drivers be affected at all by the extra circuit boards?

Anyway, even if there's no difference in wired mode versus the M-100, then it'll probably still be at least 20 years until someone comes out with wireless headphones that can meet my personal standards in wireless mode! 
L3000.gif
  And that's assuming that someone will have come out with a wireless music player with features and an EQ that are at least as good as Rockbox.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #167 of 1,160
Last day for the pre-sale deal! Unfortunately I've yet to make up my mind but might just keep my M-100 for now and wait for the next-generation over-ear in a few years.

Comfort note:

I tried taking an XL pad and holding it against my ear to find that my ear still ends up touching the driver with the XL pads, which is probably the cause of my comfort issues after a few songs.

If the Crossfade Wireless improved in this regard I would've definitely bought it since I love the M-100's sound. Only downside is a slight comfort issue for me personally.

Although I can't knock the XL pads too much for not being deep enough to keep my ears from the drivers since many other headphones are similar. Unfortunately they do seem to quickly compress when worn so they aren't as deep as I'd like.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #168 of 1,160
  Last day for the pre-sale deal! Unfortunately I've yet to make up my mind but might just keep my M-100 for now and wait for the next-generation over-ear in a few years.

Comfort note:

I tried taking an XL pad and holding it against my ear to find that my ear still ends up touching the driver with the XL pads, which is probably the cause of my comfort issues after a few songs.

If the Crossfade Wireless improved in this regard I would've definitely bought it since I love the M-100's sound. Only downside is a slight comfort issue for me personally.

Although I can't knock the XL pads too much for not being deep enough to keep my ears from the drivers since many other headphones are similar.

Have you tried stuffing paper towels or tissues around the inner ring of the ear pads? This helped with the stock pad before I upgraded to XL.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #169 of 1,160
  It seems a few people have these in hand already but we don't really have good objective reviews or any hard questions answered...

- What is the quality of the buttons like and do you think they can stand the test of time 

- How noticeable is the quality between plugging in the headphones and using bluetooth

- Has anyone used these connected to two devices simultaneously, one wired, one paired via BT 

- How long does it last on one charge

- How long does it take to charge

- How good is the range 

Most of these questions have already been answered and we really look forward for your reviews!
We've put years of R&D to make Crossfade Wireless sound virtually identical in wireless and wired mode. Now up to your ears to confirm that :)

- 2 devices simultaneously. I've tested it for quite some time and I'm enjoying it connected to office laptop+smartphone.

LAST CALL for the VTF WIRELESS deal ending today!

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #170 of 1,160
  Have you tried stuffing paper towels or tissues around the inner ring of the ear pads? This helped with the stock pad before I upgraded to XL.

Around the inner ring? Where the ear pads connect?

Just for fun I tried stuffing a thin microfiber between the driver and the pad -- not as much of an effect on sound as expected but not on comfort either.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #174 of 1,160
Buon fortuna, it is officially live!

https://v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless

Press release coming....

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #175 of 1,160
Great product page as usual. Assuming the one-year warranty is due to all the electronics and cost of manufacturing.

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #176 of 1,160
  Buon fortuna, it is officially live!

https://v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless

Press release coming....

Cool web page. How many milliwatts (mW) per channel is the internal amplifier? I see that the wireless headphones have 4 extra dB of sensitivity with nearly the same impedance, compared to the M-100, so that's pretty neat.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #177 of 1,160
Apologies if this was answered already, but is there any reason why the ClickFold feature wasn't included with this?  

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #178 of 1,160
Don't bother asking the forum that question. No one including Val will answer that question. I've asked three times along with a few other forum members with no responses. That question seems to be avoided for some reason.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #179 of 1,160

Apologies if this was answered already, but is there any reason why the ClickFold feature wasn't included with this?  

Don't bother asking the forum that question. No one including Val will answer that question. I've asked three times along with a few other forum members with no responses. That question seems to be avoided for some reason.

I gave my theory way back on page 3.

Quote:
  I think the lack of CliqFold hinges is due to the color choices, which are the same colors as the Crossfade LP series minus the purple Nero scheme. I understand that the colors delineate a different product line from the M-100, but is it possible that these are just old stock Crossfade LP headbands repurposed for the Wireless model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back