V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jul 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #1,816 of 2,828
Quote:
A thread has been made:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/616990/v-moda-shield-design-discussion

Cool thanks!

I think they would be great for Jazz.  The separation is good...they will be able to keep up with the faster bass lines with no issue as well as handling all the great drumming that you usually get from a good jazz band. 

Can anyone else verify this?  And let me know what the treble is like with jazz?

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #1,817 of 2,828
My Unboxing Video, Sorry about the lighting;

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #1,818 of 2,828
Quote:
My Unboxing Video, Sorry about the lighting;

The one thing that doesn't come across in this video is the high quality of the packaging, case and headphones.

The whole package just exudes quality.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,819 of 2,828
Quote:
The one thing that doesn't come across in this video is the high quality of the packaging, case and headphones.

The whole package just exudes quality.

I am pretty sure i mentioned how awesome the package is, also the case, oh and of course the headphones hehe. Just a few times :wink:

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #1,820 of 2,828
Cool thanks!

Can anyone else verify this?  And let me know what the treble is like with jazz?

I think jazz would be good on the m80s just eq up at 8khz .

The most recent thing thats kinda bugging me is when playing songs with fast bass, the bass gets a little muddy. Its tolerable, maybe amplification would help control the bass.

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #1,825 of 2,828
If you want "muddy" go check out the Bowers & Wilkins P5.
The M-80 is not muddy.

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #1,826 of 2,828
Quote:
If you want "muddy" go check out the Bowers & Wilkins P5.
The M-80 is not muddy.

Pre-burnin, I can see someone calling the M80 muddy.  After there is no questioning though.  I don't think it is muddy (ever, I can see why people would say it is).

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #1,828 of 2,828
Quote:
Okay, very helpful, thanks!  But still can anyone speak to how the vamp or similar iphone case/amps affect the sound?  Is it really a $600 difference?

Each amp will (theoretically) affect the sound differently.  So you'll have to be more specific when you say "similar iPhone case/amps".

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,829 of 2,828
Okay, very helpful, thanks!  But still can anyone speak to how the vamp or similar iphone case/amps affect the sound?  Is it really a $600 difference?

I am still in my burn in period. I do hear the headphone get a little lost in the bass when it gets low and fast. I am nitpicking though. As for amping the m80 most that have did not hear much of a: Difference because the headphones are really Sensitive. The vamp would be overkill for the m80s

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #1,830 of 2,828
Quote:

Each amp will (theoretically) affect the sound differently.  So you'll have to be more specific when you say "similar iPhone case/amps".

Well, part of the problem, is that I cannot find another amp like it.  I saw the venturecraft ones, but I couldn't find them to purchase anywhere? (iPhone 4 version)

Quote:
I am still in my burn in period. I do hear the headphone get a little lost in the bass when it gets low and fast. I am nitpicking though. As for amping the m80 most that have did not hear much of a: Difference because the headphones are really Sensitive. The vamp would be overkill for the m80s

Okay, thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back