V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jul 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #1,786 of 2,828
I did mention i was nitpicking a bit.

Like any awesome headphone for the $$$ / there has to be some flaws. Unless you are talking about the Uber awesome lcd2 and such.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #1,787 of 2,828
I've read consistent reviews saying the highs are a little bit too rolled off and the bass could have more depth and presence.
And now I'm reading the mids are recessed?  What isn't recessed on the M-80??
I feel like the bass is adequate, mids prominent, and highs rolled off, which to my ears is pleasantly non-fatiguing.
I guess we all hear differently.

Bass roll off = some loss of sub-bass.

The low-to-mid bass is prominent while the lower mids roll off. Vocals come back up a little (but not over the bass) then it rolls down from there. The ups and downs aren't as dramatic as I put them.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,788 of 2,828
I would also agree they're pretty balanced across the spectrum to my ears. I wouldn't call the mids recessed, but I would call the bass punchy, with great impact, and deep with polite but still extended treble, which I also find to be a relief. But recessed mids? Not to my ears. I wouldn't call them upfront or recessed; they're just right IMO.

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #1,790 of 2,828
Quote:
Well I went ahead and ordered the today and I will have them on Tuesday (thanks amazon prime free trial).
smily_headphones1.gif

Now if they would just get some more shield colors for the m80 so I can order some customs, maybe purple or green.

GREAT NEWS.  We will soon have M-80 shields in all the same colors as LP/LP2/M-100 shields.

gentlemen, start your designing!

-v

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #1,792 of 2,828
has anybody else got the White models?  love feedback on the new speakeasy microphones.  Also, we finally got them in stock to sell.  I'll make sure they are laoded on the site by EOW.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #1,793 of 2,828
Quote:
has anybody else got the White models?  love feedback on the new speakeasy microphones.  Also, we finally got them in stock to sell.  I'll make sure they are laoded on the site by EOW.

Mine are arriving today. I will post some pics and impressions later and I will make sure to test out the mic cable, although I don't have the old one to compare it too. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #1,794 of 2,828
Quote:

You mean the split mic design?  This isn't actually the first time I've seen it used :p  Many IEMs take advantage of this design (UE for example as well as Audiofly).  It's not a common one though.  I haven't tested the mic itself, but the remote is a lot easier to get to.  I don't recommend using this for IEMs since there are people who like to slip IEM cables under their shirts :p  Finding remote buttons under your shirt is a pain in the... 

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,796 of 2,828
Wow hadn't seen that split-mic design.
What was the complaint with the previous one?  I'd say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #1,797 of 2,828
Quote:
What was the complaint with the previous one?  I'd say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

A lot of people had trouble with wind noise and environmental noise and such with the first one.  This was made in response to those issues.  So in reality they were actually fixing something!

Oh also, I just noticed this:
http://v-moda.com/voip-adapter/

This is quite interesting!  But it's pretty expensive for what it is?  Still, I'd like to give it a try.  I'm not sure how well the mic will reject things like keyboard noises though.

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #1,798 of 2,828
Quote:

I don't think it'd be a complaint.  I'll get pics if I can later.  The remote controls are now near your abdomen while the mic sits below your chin. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,800 of 2,828
I've never had a single problem or complaint using the original one-button/mic cable. At least I know I'll have an improved replacement when I finally bend the cable the 1,000,001th time and it breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back