V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
May 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #1,576 of 2,828
Quote:
haha I got my m80s for 149 yesterday. Great deal.
rolleyes.gif

Enjoy, man. And if they hurt your ears at first, like they did mine, just keep with them. They do break in, and when that happens... ...the bananas in your kitchen will dance.

May 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,577 of 2,828
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Very frustrated, I don't know who is starting this internet price war but we have serial # tracking on newest shipments and we'll stop this.  THIS IS WHY RETAIL IS HURTING in CE... even semi-legit retailers side sell and undercut, one person starts a chain reaction with one unit.  It's a battle we fight daily!  It should be over soon with our new distribution and serial tracking/fake tracking.

On better news, on CNET's Podcasts I heard they are using V-80s for everybody, check it out.

Rolling Stone HQ Visit Today where they keep EVERY ISSUE FROM #1 to today w/Audrey Napoleon, V-MODA's Italian-American brand ambassador/DJ/producer:

May 3, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #1,578 of 2,828
I have put about 2 hours a day on my M80's since getting them last weekend.  I really liking the detail.  I had been on a bit of a bass kick lately, listening to my SOL Republics quite a bit.  It's funny when you are getting used to a sound you don't realize the detail that starts to fade away in your music.  The M80's have been so much fun to listen to.  The extra layers of tracks that come in here and there.  Very nice. 

If the M100's follow a similar sound sig, just in a a full size can, I'm all over them when they come out.  I might even pick up the LP2's for those days when I want more thump. 

May 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #1,580 of 2,828
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

This info was only on the previous page :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews/1560#post_8351400

May 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #1,581 of 2,828
Heh, I guess I ordered them a bit too early :p Got them for $173 from Amazon. I had debated returning my current pair and buying another when it was $149,  but I would really only save $15 in the process after all is said and done. Irksome, but I'll get over it. X/
Really, the price fluctuation for these headphones was ridiculous - mostly because third party sellers decided to derp around with the prices over the past couple of weeks.

Anyways, I'm absolutely loving the M-80s! While I'm certainly not very experienced in discerning audio quality, I could tell right away even before breaking-in that the M-80s have crisp, separated, three-dimensional sound. When I take them out, I always feel quite surprised at how small they really are. I'm looking forward to how they sound burned and broken in. 

Awesome build quality, and great looks too. I am having some slight discomfort, but it is far less pointed and painful than when I was wearing the LPs. I am quite sure that these are absolutely worth breaking in though :D

The only minor gripe that I have with these is the gloss plastic. You could say that I have a grudge against gloss plastic. As someone who takes meticulous care of all of the electronics that I buy, gloss plastic is the bane of my existence. To me, it was made to be scratched and covered in fingerprints, and I die a little inside whenever there is glossy plastic built into something I own. Basically, I would buy freaking invisible shields for my headphones. I see tiny scratches already... although those might've already been there XP

IN ANY CASE, that is far from the main point. The point is that these headphones are awesome. My gripe is with something that has nothing to do with audio quality, build quality, or anything of that sort, and is therefore irrelevant to most :p

May 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,583 of 2,828
Quote:
Would the M-80 be an improvement over the GR07?

I would simply say that they are different.  The GR07 has the better sub-bass extension and a bit more treble extension, but the M-80 is far less fatiguing to your ears; no lower treble spike of any sort.  The M-80s also have beautiful mids, very warm, lush and fairly forward, as opposed to the GR07's "dry" mids.  They both actually have similar amounts of mid-bass if I recall, with the M-80 maybe having a tiny bit more.

So...it's down to preference I guess.

May 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #1,585 of 2,828
Quote:
Do these headphones ever get more comfortable? I can't wear them for more than an hour, unfortunately.

How long have you owned them and worn them? Mine definitely needing some breaking-in over the first couple weeks (I wear them to walk to school and to do work at my desk, so ~2 hours/day for the first couple weeks). Now they're perfectly comfortable. Did a couple 3+ hour sessions over the past few days. Only get tight after the 3rd hour or so. 

May 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,586 of 2,828
Quote:

Very frustrated, I don't know who is starting this internet price war but we have serial # tracking on newest shipments and we'll stop this.  THIS IS WHY RETAIL IS HURTING in CE... even semi-legit retailers side sell and undercut, one person starts a chain reaction with one unit.  It's a battle we fight daily!  It should be over soon with our new distribution and serial tracking/fake tracking.

On better news, on CNET's Podcasts I heard they are using V-80s for everybody, check it out.

Rolling Stone HQ Visit Today where they keep EVERY ISSUE FROM #1 to today w/Audrey Napoleon, V-MODA's Italian-American brand ambassador/DJ/producer:

Yeah Val, I noticed once one seller lowers its price, Amazon try to match it as much as possible. I didn't really knew it until now, and I would like to apologize for spreading the word on the forum, I canceled my order few days ago cause I want to support your company and buying them for such low price practically felt like i'm stealing them. Reordered them for 180 and still think its a sweet deal.

May 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #1,587 of 2,828
Quote:
Yeah Val, I noticed once one seller lowers its price, Amazon try to match it as much as possible. I didn't really knew it until now, and I would like to apologize for spreading the word on the forum, I canceled my order few days ago cause I want to support your company and buying them for such low price practically felt like i'm stealing them. Reordered them for 180 and still think its a sweet deal.

That is really cool, man... DIGGIT!  

INTERVIEW EXTRAVAGANZA
I personally went to many interviews the last few days and EVERYBODY is floored by the White M-80 and VAMP, I am so excited.  Quite honestly, I haven't seen reactions like this ever before - especially on the VAMP/M-80 COMBO.  Editors were heralding them as "revolutionary" to "best in class" to "game changers", and perhaps the biggest media company editor said "I can't go back now to not using VAMP".

When you put a white M-80 next to an iPhone/iPad it just screams lust-worthy, while VAMP turns your ubiquitous iPhones into a fabulous hi-fi spy gadget.

HEAD-FI HIGH-FIVE 
I talked to a few top editors that have been following these threads silently, very interesting that they are also in tune to what we're up to and everybody is amped that we are collectively building "products for the people".

off to sleep, I'm not sure if I've worked this hard in my entire life, but the verve of the feedback and new friendships made it a spectacular time.

VICI NYC!

May 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #1,588 of 2,828
Quote:
How long have you owned them and worn them? Mine definitely needing some breaking-in over the first couple weeks (I wear them to walk to school and to do work at my desk, so ~2 hours/day for the first couple weeks). Now they're perfectly comfortable. Did a couple 3+ hour sessions over the past few days. Only get tight after the 3rd hour or so. 

I've owned them a few weeks now. But since they get uncomfortable, I can only wear them for 1 hour sessions. I'd say I've listening to them for about 10 hours total.

May 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #1,589 of 2,828
Ehm, I don't really get people who say that they clamp and stuff? Why not just bend them so that they don't clamp as hard? I'm doing this all the time, just adjusting them if they start hurting, just saying. :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back