V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #736 of 2,828
Enjoying my M-80s too. Here's to hoping the M-100s will blow them out of the water 
tongue_smile.gif
 Really looking forward to them. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #737 of 2,828
Had a listen to these the other day in store. Was really surprised by the sound quality, and they were situated next to a number of other headphones *cough*Beats*cough*, so good to see great sound coming more into the mainstream. Would've bought them then and there if I didn't already have a set of ESW9's coming in the mail.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #738 of 2,828
I'm a DJ. Are these loud enough to use as monitors in the club? I looked at the LP2 but I prefer the comfort and feel of an on ear headphone. I was able to use my little brothers Dre solo HD Beats headphones as monitors earlier and they worked great but I was at another club the other day and it was so loud I couldn't hear my Audio Technica M-20s to beatmatch the next track. Sounded like drum n' bass for a bit till I filtered it out. I was hoping you guys could help me out with this question, otherwise, I'm sold on this pair.

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #739 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm a DJ. Are these loud enough to use as monitors in the club? I looked at the LP2 but I prefer the comfort and feel of an on ear headphone. I was able to use my little brothers Dre solo HD Beats headphones as monitors earlier and they worked great but I was at another club the other day and it was so loud I couldn't hear my Audio Technica M-20s to beatmatch the next track. Sounded like drum n' bass for a bit till I filtered it out. I was hoping you guys could help me out with this question, otherwise, I'm sold on this pair.

from what i`ve read around here the lp2 are intended to use from a disco/bass/club listener,so those fit in your category,and probably they will beat out the solo`s.....
obviously there are a lot of dj headphone if you look on the community,like the pro dj`s,very good from what user use to write here.
just from my own curiosity i wonder about if the build-tank quality of the lp2 will allow to switch one eracup easily like,lets say the m50`s,as normally dj HP have complete rotative earcup for this use.

im not a basshead or techno fan,but if you have some references,will not be hard to choose!

if tiesto have one,so will you!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #740 of 2,828

Quote:

They get very loud with no distortion so my initial answer is they would be perfect. But the isolation is very poor. They leak in a lot of outside sound. For DJ-ing I'd have to recommend the Sennheiser HD-25 ii. They will isolate far better and be better for DJs.

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #741 of 2,828
I didn't want to start another thread, so I'll just ask my question here:

Would the M80 be better for me than the HD25 I-II?

I listen to mostly death metal (Decapitated, Gojira, Origin, etc.), techno genres (trance, speedcore, dubstep, etc.), and rock (The Raconteurs, Weezer, Pinback, etc.)

I currently own an FX700 and would like an on-ear headphone that performs relatively the same (or better) than the FX700. 

Thanks in advance :)

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #743 of 2,828
How can one tell if they're fake?

I just won a pair on eBay (I know.. I know) for a good price. I would've bought them from NewEgg and was actually ready to click on the buy now button when I decided to look around and found them up for bid.

Please let me know what to look for so I can get my money back if they're fake, and buy some from NewEgg or another authorized reseller. 

Thanks.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #744 of 2,828
omg... I just heard the m80 at the mall, and it wasn't broken this time. I gotta say I really think val hit the spot with the whole modiophile. Cause this definitely will appeal to the average consumer as well as to audiophiles. I loved them and I also loved the lp2, but the lp2 wasn't s good sq, but i loved the fun signature. Sounded a touch muddy, with not so hot extension up there (at least it wasn't harsh). I'm not gonna lie even with the boomish bass I loved the bass XD, I guess my guilty pleasure, I am dieing for the m100

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #745 of 2,828

Quote:
I didn't want to start another thread, so I'll just ask my question here:

Would the M80 be better for me than the HD25 I-II?

I listen to mostly death metal (Decapitated, Gojira, Origin, etc.), techno genres (trance, speedcore, dubstep, etc.), and rock (The Raconteurs, Weezer, Pinback, etc.)

I currently own an FX700 and would like an on-ear headphone that performs relatively the same (or better) than the FX700. 

Thanks in advance :)

Whoa where do I start? OK with bands along the lines of Decapitated and Origin you're going to need an aggressive sound signature which can do crazy guitar and give you some decent percussion impact on the drums. The M-80 will do the percussion side of things better then the HD25 but won't fit the bill anywhere else, it's not as aggressive as the HD25 and it's high's are smoothed out and is quite polite for extreme metal. For it's sound signature (bass centric) it's rather quick but it still can't keep up to a good rocker can which is quicker. I will say all things considered the M-80 can do metalcore quite well. The HD25 is the more aggressive sounding can and is known for being good as an all arounder. The M-80 will do trance far better but the HD25 will probably give you enough bass to keep you happy. I personally own both cans and ideally if you're willing to wait and raise the funds I'd recommend get them both and have the best of both worlds. If money and time is an issue then I would say get the HD25 and it'll do the job very well for your death metal and well enough for your trance.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #746 of 2,828
Another day and no m80s
mad.gif

I'm starting to get pissed.

They gave me no information and i received part of my package. Faceplates isn't headphones. They are useless to me without the headphones.

I'm out freaking $250.

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #747 of 2,828

Quote:
Another day and no m80s
mad.gif

I'm starting to get pissed.

They gave me no information and i received part of my package. Faceplates isn't headphones. They are useless to me without the headphones.

I'm out freaking $250.

Weird, have you checked with Canada Post to see if they have any record of a package being sent out to you? Try messaging Val he's pretty hands on maybe he can get to the bottom of it for you.

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #748 of 2,828

Quote:
Weird, have you checked with Canada Post to see if they have any record of a package being sent out to you? Try messaging Val he's pretty hands on maybe he can get to the bottom of it for you.

Tried canada post many times and they are clueless. They said they delivered the package and all i got was the faceplates. I ordered a full set with accessories.

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #749 of 2,828

Quote:
Tried canada post many times and they are clueless. They said they delivered the package and all i got was the faceplates. I ordered a full set with accessories.

Very weird PM Val or try the customer service for v-moda somewhere there must be a record of where that package is. My experience is Canada post can be pretty lame. I recently nearly had a 500 dollar computer tower swiped because the delivery guy left the box on my front steps instead of carding my mailbox. The only reason it wasn't swiped was because I looked out the window and saw two kids standing in front of my house. When I opened the door they took off and I saw the Acer box on the front step. I'm in the middle of filing a complaint about it.

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #750 of 2,828

Quote:
Very weird PM Val or try the customer service for v-moda somewhere there must be a record of where that package is. My experience is Canada post can be pretty lame. I recently nearly had a 500 dollar computer tower swiped because the delivery guy left the box on my front steps instead of carding my mailbox. The only reason it wasn't swiped was because I looked out the window and saw two kids standing in front of my house. When I opened the door they took off and I saw the Acer box on the front step. I'm in the middle of filing a complaint about it.

Great now i have a feeling they dropped the box off and someone stole it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back