V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #706 of 2,828
Danny, the Pro 900 sound great. I wasn't blown away w/o an amp right out of the box as I expected my ears to vibrate, but I believe they'll improve after some burn-in.
atsmile.gif
I can only imagine how my M-80 and Pro 900 will sound w/ ZO2.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #707 of 2,828

Quote:
Danny, the Pro 900 sound great. I wasn't blown away w/o an amp right out of the box as I expected my ears to vibrate, but I believe they'll improve after some burn-in.
atsmile.gif
I can only imagine how my M-80 and Pro 900 will sound w/ ZO2.

Wow, you bought them, excellent.  Give the 900's some time, they take awhile to burn.  Mine have improved more even after 100 hours.  

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #708 of 2,828
Hey guys! I just joined Head-Fi because my V-MODA M80s came in the mail today... I LOVE them so far!  I bought them based on all the user reviews, build quality, and the fact that the CEO is very involved with your community; I think that's really cool and unique.

Keep up the good work, V-MODA and Head-Fi!

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #709 of 2,828

Quote:
I jumped a little too soon. Pulled the trigger right before I left for work... when they were still $189.99. Talked to Vijay via Amazon Live Chat three hours later, and they refunded the extra $50. They should be here Saturday.

It is a mistake, we're getting it corrected on Amazon!  So those who pulled trigger, it does say 3-4 weeks now.  Frustrating ;<

-v

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #710 of 2,828

Quote:
If I bought these headphones from radioshack, would I still be able to return them to V-Moda within 60 days? Just wondering...

Sorry!  But why return?  for less than the price of a ______ you can enjoy _______ with M-80!!!

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #711 of 2,828

Quote:
Sorry!  But why return?  for less than the price of a ______ you can enjoy _______ with M-80!!!

Hey Val, you didn't reply to my question:

Can your shield laser work on the whole surface of the shield? That way you could do black on white (but it would be black wiped to let only the logo in black while the rest woule be white).

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #712 of 2,828

Quote:

Hi val. Good day to you. I have an issue. I ordered from the vmoda website on December10th 2011. Today i received a package. The package stated 3 items which i had ordered. Custom faceplates, headphones, and the accessories. The problem is i only received in a small envelope the custom faceplates. These are useless to me without the headphones. Do you know what happened to my order? I'm in canada if that means anything. Could it have been lost in shipping? If so will you cover the loss?

Dec 31, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #713 of 2,828

Quote:
Hey Val, you didn't reply to my question:

Can your shield laser work on the whole surface of the shield? That way you could do black on white (but it would be black wiped to let only the logo in black while the rest woule be white).

We are going to try it next week!  

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #715 of 2,828
OHHHHH MY GOD, WHAT A DEAL, mmuuusst, notttt jump...... just bought HD 558s............

EDIT: I jumped anyways, time to sell stuff on Kijiji before my parents punch me in the face for ordering another pair of headphones
wink.gif

Um, do you guys know why it's going to take an eternity to ship them to Canada? Says not until like late January to February even with priority shipping
confused.gif

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #716 of 2,828

Quote:
OHHHHH MY GOD, WHAT A DEAL, mmuuusst, notttt jump...... just bought HD 558s............

EDIT: I jumped anyways, time to sell stuff on Kijiji before my parents punch me in the face for ordering another pair of headphones
wink.gif

Um, do you guys know why it's going to take an eternity to ship them to Canada? Says not until like late January to February even with priority shipping
confused.gif

They ran out of stock.:frowning2:

So I will try to be low key in my delight at the ones that showed up here this afternoon. The sound makes them my new #1 set. The only minus is pinching my ears when I'm wearing my glasses. Retro Shurons with extra thick earpieces. :p

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #717 of 2,828
Oh well, I'll have time to make the money back before they charge me :wink:

Jan 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #718 of 2,828

Quote:

hah, because I think the LP2 might be better suited for me.

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #719 of 2,828
I did a quick search of this thread (and read most of it) and couldn't find an answer to this question. How does the M-80 compare to the Phiaton MS300.  It seems that these have similar functions being higher end portable on ear headphones.  I bought the Phiatons for my son and I love pretty much everything about them except the bass. While it is there in the MS300 it isn't prominent at all.  The MS300 does have awesome clarity in the highs and miss. What I would be looking for in the M-80 would be similar clarity to the Phiaton MS300 but with a wee more punch in the bass. That would make my dookie twinkle!!!

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #720 of 2,828

The impressions here have been pretty accurate to what I hear with these. The bass is bumped up slightly but never excessive to my ears. The mid-range has a polish to it and instrument timbres seem right. The highs are slightly recessed but never feel veiled or boring.

The design is artful with quality parts. You can tell that much thought went into every aspect of the design.

As far as sound, I am impressed with these. I'm not one to like a polite or rolled treble. In fact, my preference has always leaned towards extended highs, rolled off bass and a very neutral presentation which is pretty much the opposite of the M80. That being said, I had no issues with it sounding too boring or polite. It does have that quality that makes you want to keep listening which is really what matters. It also works with all genres.

They are very easy to drive. It sounds great straight out of the iphone. My iMod with Xin Supermini III took it to another level. Again, well done Val/Vmoda. The thoughtfulness and quality in design, keeping the price point reasonable and making it sound enjoyable and non offensive make this a real WIN.

I didn't make it through the whole thread, has anyone noticed any changes during break in with these?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back