V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 28, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #691 of 2,828

Quote:
The Apple computers >2009 I know all work, and many tablets do too.  PCs vary and most do not, perhaps the HP does but we haven't checked. We have a PC/Skype adapter I'll put for sale that turns it from one to two 3.5mm (mic + stereo), it is included with Remix 4S.  

Here is the video showing me bending out/in... I wouldn't do it too often as they will naturally adjust over time, but like new sunglasses they sometimes need a slight adjustment for the optimal fit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McySNa2DwTo

Enjoy!

Great, thanks! The computer is just a homebuilt PC, so must be the sound card. Do you have an ETA on the adapter? It is great to see how much you are involved in this community, for me personally it helps me want to be loyal to V-Moda (that and the fact that the stuff you make is built like a tank).

Are there any adapters like Val mentions already available? I was looking and found that there are some things that looked like they could go from the headphone cable ---> USB, so I suppose that would maybe work, they were also pretty expensive, so maybe there is a better option out there.

For example there is this: http://www.yourcablestore.com/Stereo-Dual-Headphone-Adapter-Splitter-Cable-2M1F_p_79.html is that similar to the adapter mentioned?

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #692 of 2,828

Quote:
Thanks a lot Danny. That's exactly all the information I'm looking for!

It sounds like I can't go wrong whether I buy the ZO2 first or the LP2.

1. Does the M-80 w/Z02 and smartvector @ max come close to the LP2 w/o the Z02?
I would say it's pretty close.  M80 and ZO2 still sounds better at max smartvector than LP2 alone but bass quantity wise it's very close.  

2. Do you have the Pro 900?
Someone referred them to me and after some quick research, they might be exactly what I'm looking for in terms of sound. Generally I'm assuming they would have heavy bass like the LP2 and the sound quality of the M-80!
I know they sound better than the LP2, but does it have equal or more bass?
I just did a quick test with Pro 900 and ZO2 vector at max and it is a joy to listen to.  The bass reminds me of a car subwoofer.  It is much better than LP2's bass.  Also, the clarity is top notch.  Amazing bass with crispy highs, this is a bassheads dream.  

I'm still looking for comparisons btwn the LP2 and Pro 900. My only problem is that the Pro 900 are a little big for portable use since I have a smaller head. They're also $100 (@ $300) more than I'm willing to spend.
I really love the Pro 900's.  The best bass can I've ever heard.  I've never tested it with ZO2 at max until just now and it is phenomenal.  Excellent soundstage, Bass is clean and extremely powerful with this setup.  

It would be great if I found a place where I can test both the LP2 and Pro 900.
I wish you could hear it.  I think this is the route you should go for.  I know I've recently have seen the Pro 900's in the for sale threads between $250-$300 range.  Keep a look out and hopefully you'll find one.  

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #693 of 2,828
Thanks again man! I'm excited!

I think I'm going to purchase the ZO2 for my M-80 and then purchase the Ultrasone Pro 900 later in the future. I just bought the M-80 this week and they still haven't fully cooked so I'd be crazy to buy the Pro 900 the same week.
Or I might just buy the Pro 900 and then get the Amp later on.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #694 of 2,828

Quote:
Thanks again man! I'm excited!

I think I'm going to purchase the ZO2 for my M-80 and then purchase the Ultrasone Pro 900 later in the future. I just bought the M-80 this week and they still haven't fully cooked so I'd be crazy to buy the Pro 900 the same week.
Or I might just buy the Pro 900 and then get the Amp later on.

I think you'll be happy either way.  You have an excellent headphone in the M80 so that's an awesome start.  Best to you my friend. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #695 of 2,828
I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer this. The left-side ear cup vibrates a little more than the right side with the bass. I noticed it even when I bought the headphones about 5 days ago. I assume this isn't normal?
Should I exchange them for a new pair at the Radioshack I bought them from?
How does the 2-yr warranty work? I'm having trouble communicating w/V-Moda.

Quote:
I think you'll be happy either way.  You have an excellent headphone in the M80 so that's an awesome start.  Best to you my friend. 

Thanks! One more question. Is the quantity and impact of the bass on the Pro 900 more than the LP2?

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #696 of 2,828

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer this. The left-side ear cup vibrates a little more than the right side with the bass. I noticed it even when I bought the headphones about 5 days ago. I assume this isn't normal?
Should I exchange them for a new pair at the Radioshack I bought them from?
How does the 2-yr warranty work? I'm having trouble communicating w/V-Moda.
If you bought it at Radioshack, I'm sure they'll just exchange for a new one.  I've never had this problem with M80's but I have with LP2 and other cans.  The sound is fine but it just vibrates more on the right ear.  I think it has to do with position and how it sits but I'm not sure.  

Thanks! One more question. Is the quantity and impact of the bass on the Pro 900 more than the LP2?
Yes and it's much more defined and powerful.  All around the best bass I've heard on a can that's still enjoyable.  

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #697 of 2,828
Ok great. I'm sold on the Pro 900, it's just a matter of when. I see that amazon is selling them for $300 but they're sold out. I will purchase it from that site when I'm ready if they're available. eBay has a few pairs just over $300. 

For my M-80 I tried manipulating the positioning but the bass vibrates my left ear more. I even had my sister listen an she noticed the same thing. I'll exchange my headphones today or tomorrow. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #698 of 2,828
Ok, I think I am loosing my mind. I have a fiio e6 hooked up to a sansa clip+ with M-80's, when I hook up the headphones it just plays mono sound throughout everything but if I just hook it up through the clip its full sound. Does it have to do with the iPod mic cable the headphones come with? Is there an explanation to this or are my headphones defective? 

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #699 of 2,828
Deal BOMB -- The V-80 is currently selling for $139.99 from Amazon! Hurry, jump on this quick, lest you regret the rest of your days.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #700 of 2,828

Quote:
Deal BOMB -- The V-80 is currently selling for $139.99 from Amazon! Hurry, jump on this quick, lest you regret the rest of your days.

I jumped a little too soon. Pulled the trigger right before I left for work... when they were still $189.99. Talked to Vijay via Amazon Live Chat three hours later, and they refunded the extra $50. They should be here Saturday.

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #704 of 2,828

Quote:
Ok, I think I am loosing my mind. I have a fiio e6 hooked up to a sansa clip+ with M-80's, when I hook up the headphones it just plays mono sound throughout everything but if I just hook it up through the clip its full sound. Does it have to do with the iPod mic cable the headphones come with? Is there an explanation to this or are my headphones defective? 

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #705 of 2,828
If I bought these headphones from radioshack, would I still be able to return them to V-Moda within 60 days? Just wondering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back