V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2,731 of 2,828
  oh you jumped on THAT DEAL that deal was insane!!! i'm still shaking my head on how that deal happened!

anyway i probably don't listen to my music longer than 1-1.5 hour at a time soo it should be okay

the re0s good choice! i own the re400s but sometimes i find them not bassy enough for the commuting purposes which is what lead me to the m80s (which is fairly neutral)  but still bassy =) 

Yup was lucky to find a pair in my area. I like the M-80s cause of the bass while the RE-0s are good for a more neutral sound. I just upgraded to the dn-1000 to get a wider soundstage and a bit more bass. I will still use my M-80s for my shorter listening spans and if you they are comfortable on you then they will work out well. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2,732 of 2,828
not mine but I got permission to post this

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,733 of 2,828
Apr 29, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #2,734 of 2,828
Had my M-80s for only a few months and one of the red V accents on the outside of headband is coming off. Each V is a little strip of metal held in place with a couple of little tabs that slide into the headband and some (weak) adhesive. The V got snagged on something and almost got ripped off completely. One of the little tabs broke off and the adhesive will no longer hold the V in place. A real FWP, I know. Anyway, I want to glue it back on but I'm not sure what kind of adhesive to use. Any suggestions?

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2,735 of 2,828
  Had my M-80s for only a few months and one of the red V accents on the outside of headband is coming off. Each V is a little strip of metal held in place with a couple of little tabs that slide into the headband and some (weak) adhesive. The V got snagged on something and almost got ripped off completely. One of the little tabs broke off and the adhesive will no longer hold the V in place. A real FWP, I know. Anyway, I want to glue it back on but I'm not sure what kind of adhesive to use. Any suggestions?

Loctite! One of my red Vs came off too, but I never found it.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,737 of 2,828

Really??? Are the shadow m100's made the same way (sticker v)? I thought it was a stuck piece of plastic or something like that...not a sticker....  

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #2,739 of 2,828
  Really??? Are the shadow m100's made the same way (sticker v)? I thought it was a stuck piece of plastic or something like that...  

From the looks of it it looks like it's made the same way. It's not a sticker. It's more like a thin strip of aluminum. When the V came off my V-80 it was because it got snagged on something in my backpack and was pulled away from the indention that housed it. Eventually wear and tear tore it off. If you're paranoid about it just use your case if you stow them in a bag.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2,740 of 2,828
  From the looks of it it looks like it's made the same way. It's not a sticker. It's more like a thin strip of aluminum. When the V came off my V-80 it was because it got snagged on something in my backpack and was pulled away from the indention that housed it. Eventually wear and tear tore it off. If you're paranoid about it just use your case if you stow them in a bag.

Mine are going to be babyed.... XD
90% of use will be at home..... I just dont want them to fall apart.... :)

So you guys already abused your pairs a bit right?

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #2,741 of 2,828
Just got these used for 60 off ebay in pretty nice condition, noticed that they are sorta loose though, which is why the seller sold them, said his head was to big for his head, how much can I bend these till they fit without worrying of them breaking.
  Anyone ever opened up an M-80? My right side fork thing is loose and its squeaks when i pinch them together. It is rubbing on something inside the driver enclosure. It has gotten worse since I got them.

Also have this little issue, doesn't really cause any problems that I can tell of of course but still curious...one sides a tiny bit worse,, tried tightening them with a Allen key, did tighten no change though. 

Love the sound on these....I think even more then my HD-25's...O_O.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2,742 of 2,828

This is common only on the shadow versions or it will probably be the same for the matte black and white versions (m80's and m100's)?

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #2,744 of 2,828
Hi Peeps,

Managed to grab some of these sexy headphones in Pearl for a great price on eBay. I really really like them but......... they really hurt my ears :frowning2: anyone got any tips on what I could do......ears are quite large.

Would like to know how ppl sit these on their ears. If it gets to the point I cant wear them I'll have to sell them and get the m100's.

Cheers.

Antz

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,745 of 2,828
Hi Peeps,

Managed to grab some of these sexy headphones in Pearl for a great price on eBay. I really really like them but......... they really hurt my ears :frowning2: anyone got any tips on what I could do......ears are quite large.

Would like to know how ppl sit these on their ears. If it gets to the point I cant wear them I'll have to sell them and get the m100's.

Cheers.

Antz

The M-80 is well-known for having comfort issues for a lot of people. It took me 2 weeks of use before mine were comfortable enough to wear for more than 20 minutes without immense pain to my left ear. Give it some time to see if things improve. If that doesn't help The XS is much more comfortable than the M-80. If you like the sound of the M-80 maybe the XS would be a better (and cheaper) option for you than the M-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back