V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #2,718 of 2,828
That will depend on your listening preferences.
I would choose M80 over the Amperior mainly because of the Amperior's excessive sensitivity.
M80 has a more spacious sound with clearer treble and low bass while the Amperior is "darker" and has a better balanced, more analytical midrange.  Amperior also offers better isolation.
I love my HD25-1 better than Amperior, and I would have gladly kept M80 if it wasn't for T50p.

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #2,719 of 2,828
I'm wondering if amperiors are upgrades from the m-80s

i would want to know as well, i see the amperiors here on kijiji in canada for about 140 which seems like a steal

but im really not sold on the looks/ designs of them makes me look geeky (imoo anyway) i'm not fashion whore by any means but maybe if updated the design in some way i would get it

the amperiors seem to hit everything i want
small on ear
good isolation (infact for on ears their fantastic)
durable
replacable cable (actually everything is replaceable, but i think their discontinuing the amperior parts (i think i could just get the hd 25 ones)
not make my head look like a teletubbie or alien
great for portable listening 
good for pop music without skipping out on the mids
balenced yet exciting sound

hm.... i'm kinda convincing myself atmmm... gotta think about this a bit

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2,720 of 2,828
i would want to know as well, i see the amperiors here on kijiji in canada for about 140 which seems like a steal

but im really not sold on the looks/ designs of them makes me look geeky (imoo anyway) i'm not fashion whore by any means but maybe if updated the design in some way i would get it

... exciting sound

hm.... i'm kinda convincing myself atmmm... gotta think about this a bit

Amperior doesn't deviate much from the HD25 signature.

HD25 are not "fun", they are a tool with a different more neutral signature, but they could as easily fit all those three purposes for some people. They didn't offer anything for me at home though.

Right on target. Not exactly "exciting". Amperior is almost the same. I would specify neutral in the midrange at that. I don't think you can look geeky with an HD25 variant in the US. Those sports people on TV often use the broadcast version of HD25, which has a microphone, so there's people who will notice the similarity and think it cool.
Amperior also doesn't aesthetically convey "serious, humorless business" as HD25 does.

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,721 of 2,828
Amperior doesn't deviate much from the HD25 signature.
Right on target. Not exactly "exciting". Amperior is almost the same. I would specify neutral in the midrange at that. I don't think you can look geeky with an HD25 variant in the US. Those sports people on TV often use the broadcast version of HD25, which has a microphone, so there's people who will notice the similarity and think it cool.
Amperior also doesn't aesthetically convey "serious, humorless business" as HD25 does.

haha no lol thanks, i'll have to take a second look the m80s are also on sale on vmoda for 120 sooo thats not a bad deal either but i'm pretty sure in my mine in order it would be (xs, kef m500, amperior, m80)

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #2,722 of 2,828
Does anyone have some tips on how to improve the clamp force on the M-80? I can only seem to wear mine for about an hour before it bothers my ears. I have tried to stretch the band a bit but no luck. I really enjoy listening to music on these but can't seem to get past the clamp force I feel on my head.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2,723 of 2,828
  Does anyone have some tips on how to improve the clamp force on the M-80? I can only seem to wear mine for about an hour before it bothers my ears. I have tried to stretch the band a bit but no luck. I really enjoy listening to music on these but can't seem to get past the clamp force I feel on my head.

How long have you had them? It took me almost a month before they became comfortable enough to wear for more than 20 minutes without a break.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,724 of 2,828
I have had them for about 6 months now. When I first got them I was unable to wear them for more than 20mins but now I am able to at least wear them for about an hour. I guess I just need to continue to wear them more often. Mainly use these for traveling since I recently got the HE-400 as my main home can.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #2,725 of 2,828
I have had them for about 6 months now. When I first got them I was unable to wear them for more than 20mins but now I am able to at least wear them for about an hour. I guess I just need to continue to wear them more often. Mainly use these for traveling since I recently got the HE-400 as my main home can.

How are u travelling ? Bus?? Walking ? Subway. Im interested to see anyone improved its isolation

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,727 of 2,828
Isolation is decent enough considering they are on-ear. I normally wear these when I fly or on the subway. They work well and since they are smaller are easier to pack in my bag. 

Wow u use them to fly? :0 how loud do you turn it up? Hope that didnt sound rude, not my intention. Just curious because isolation and fit is a common complaint from the m80. I agree with the small, portable part. One of the reasons i was looking at the m80 to begin with

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #2,728 of 2,828
I have portable amp I use to help crank them up a bit. Isolation is ok but I just got some new IEMs so I think I may just use those for travel purposes and use the M-80s to use sparingly. I agree the fit is not very good for me and the clamp force bothers me after a couple of hours of use and is mainly the reason why I would carry my RE-0 with me along with the M-80s. 

I was lucky and didn't pay much for these since I got them from radioshack when they were on clearance so I don't mind just having them around to use every now and then.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #2,729 of 2,828
I wore them on a flight and was able to comfortably listen to music the entire time. They isolate pretty well, as mentioned. And as far as them being uncomfortable, I find mine to fit nicely. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2,730 of 2,828
  I have portable amp I use to help crank them up a bit. Isolation is ok but I just got some new IEMs so I think I may just use those for travel purposes and use the M-80s to use sparingly. I agree the fit is not very good for me and the clamp force bothers me after a couple of hours of use and is mainly the reason why I would carry my RE-0 with me along with the M-80s. 

I was lucky and didn't pay much for these since I got them from radioshack when they were on clearance so I don't mind just having them around to use every now and then.

oh you jumped on THAT DEAL that deal was insane!!! i'm still shaking my head on how that deal happened!

anyway i probably don't listen to my music longer than 1-1.5 hour at a time soo it should be okay

the re0s good choice! i own the re400s but sometimes i find them not bassy enough for the commuting purposes which is what lead me to the m80s (which is fairly neutral)  but still bassy =) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back