V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #2,627 of 2,828
Oh yeah, when i said i put the vmoda the same volume as if i was listening to it at home, i meant listening to the vmoda at home.  I run my dt990 pro on a different volume system, which is through an amplifier.  I think between using that formula for the dt990 + the amplifier, it's going to take quite a bit of time lol.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #2,628 of 2,828
  Oh yeah, when i said i put the vmoda the same volume as if i was listening to it at home, i meant listening to the vmoda at home.  I run my dt990 pro on a different volume system, which is through an amplifier.  I think between using that formula for the dt990 + the amplifier, it's going to take quite a bit of time lol.

no problem lemme know what happens i'm a geek so its fun fiddling around with that

plus i love my audio so i want to keep my ears for the long haul

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,632 of 2,828
  I guess it's fine to have them bit lowered.

yea its inconvenient even youtube videos i have to turn down the volume to half or 60% its annoying but i'm use to it now

plus at home if i get called from my siblings or parents and my music loud i can't hear them, i get a good lecturing about how if someone broke in you wouldn't even know (its true i probably wouldn't) 

had a few of those already, i learned my lesson. =P maybe parents are right afterall

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #2,633 of 2,828
Just posted something similar in the beginners section, but felt like venting a bit over here, too:

If you have a medium- or small-sized head, then the V-Moda's might be a good deal for you.  Their packaging is top-notch, accessories - especially the case - is also top-notch, and two cable options included also seal the deal.

That said, I had to sell mine because they wouldn't even fit my head.  I've had and tried many top-tier headphones and had never experienced that in my life.  I guess I have a large head - and V-Moda told me so!  No offense, but I was sort of offended at that.  Despite the superlative reviews and reputation, if they can't build a headphone that fits the same diversity of people with which every other company seems to have no problem - AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Sony, Koss, Fostex, Audeze, Stax, Beats!?, Marley, Denon, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, and Bose!?, then what are they doing besides insulting people like me? I mean, I have never put on a quality audiophile headphone and not have it fit - but the M-80's weren't large enough to fully cover my ears.

I mean, what's up with that?  I feel abused after purchasing a pair of M-80's.  Why do they think my head is too big, when almost no other headphone company on earth does?

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,635 of 2,828
It is well documented here and on other sites that the M-80 may not fit people with large heads well.

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #2,636 of 2,828
While shopping for a portable headphone, I have checkout bestbuy magnolia section for comparison.  To be honest, I actually like the Sennheiser on ear a little better than the v-moda.  The bass response in it is much more powerful and it sounded a bit clearer despite smaller soundstage.

However, I end up getting the v-moda because used vmoda on amazon is only 80 bucks while used On Ear momentum is still 200+ bucks.  Not to mention, the build quality on the momentum is much weaker.  I like the kelvar detachable cord vs the weak cord on the momentum.  I dont want to baby any headphones.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #2,637 of 2,828
I thought that I might throw this up here. Amazon has the V-Moda V-80s (the M-80 sibling) for $114. http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-True-Blood-V-80-Noise-Isolating/dp/B0058M3RXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384756072&sr=8-1&keywords=v-moda+v-80

I got one and think that they are awesome. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,638 of 2,828
So last week I sent my M80s in to V-Moda because the left earcup stopped working. I got the confirmation email I will be getting them back even after I tried my own home solder job. I really appreciate it from V-Moda.

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2,639 of 2,828
I returned the crossfade m-80 and got the lp instead lol.  The truth is, while the fit barely manage to fit my head, I'm not satisfy with the bass.  It has more bass than other portable phones like Sennheiser etc, but even after i EQ the bass to the max, it's not enough!!

I already have a very clear headphone at home, the beyerdynamic dt990.  I honestly realize i dont need another clear headphone.  If i'm going to own two headphone, i want a bassy one and a clear one so at least it has two different sound signature.  I will be reviewing the LP vs the m-80 to see how it's like in a few days.

PS, I got the pearl white LP as well so at least right off the bat, it honestly look better than the m-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back