V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #2,643 of 2,828
  Still cheaper than the current price on Amazon.

Yep. Plus you get to configure the phones to your liking (though I did just go for basic black...). And you'll definitely get a pair of legit 'phones.

They do sound very good - even to my wooden ears, and they are the most comfortable on-ear phones I've had; no 'ouch!' when I take them off after a couple of hours :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,644 of 2,828

Yep. Plus you get to configure the phones to your liking (though I did just go for basic black...). And you'll definitely get a pair of legit 'phones.

They do sound very good - even to my wooden ears, and they are the most comfortable on-ear phones I've had; no 'ouch!' when I take them off after a couple of hours :)

Awesome, I'm only worried vaguely about the isolation as I'll be on the train and in college with them.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,645 of 2,828
  Awesome, I'm only worried vaguely about the isolation as I'll be on the train and in college with them.

Not tried them in public yet, but the isolation seems as good as any other closed/on-ears 'phones I've tried/used. The memory foam pads do make what feels like a pretty tight seal, so I reckon you'll be OK :)

One thing, I hope you haven't got a large head... My hat size isn't anywhere near the top of the size range and I rock a #1 clipper all over haircut, yet even with the adjustment at maximum they *just* fit.

Nov 26, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #2,646 of 2,828
I got the v-moda crossfade lp today.  Here's my review.  It's actually not as bad as some of the people here in headfi claim.  True, it's a bit more veiled than the m80, but with a little bit of EQ, it can sound almost as clear.  The bass response is obviously way better.  Also, for people with big head like me, it fits way better.

The bass response in this is still less than sony's headphones, but it's definitely way clearer than the sony's.  Overall, for basshead crossfade lp, for people who cares about balance, then the m80.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #2,647 of 2,828

Not tried them in public yet, but the isolation seems as good as any other closed/on-ears 'phones I've tried/used. The memory foam pads do make what feels like a pretty tight seal, so I reckon you'll be OK :)

One thing, I hope you haven't got a large head... My hat size isn't anywhere near the top of the size range and I rock a #1 clipper all over haircut, yet even with the adjustment at maximum they *just* fit

My head isn't very large at all. I wear my M50s with only 1 click up on each side

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,648 of 2,828
  My head isn't very large at all. I wear my M50s with only 1 click up on each side

haha interesting lol i think the m50s are pretty big i demoed the m50s and i found i either use 1 click or none at all.

i wear a 4 3/8 hat so i thought it would be normal ehh

but off topic but i demoed the studios 2013 beats in the apple store today they fit me without adjusting the headband (0 clicks) i can't imagine anyone using the full adjustment on the studios thats insane

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #2,649 of 2,828
Just got these from Amazon on sale for $115. I am on hour 4 of listening and my jaw is still on the floor. I own Mad Dog Alpha;s, Sennheiser Momentum, ATH m50's, and westone IEM's. These handily beat the Momentum's and the M50's. I won't compare the Mad Dog's and IEM's because they are different beasts. Super impressed with the mids and tight lows. The highs seem a bit rolled off but some light EQ'ing should fix that
Well done  V-moda!

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,650 of 2,828
i just got a pair and I noticed that's there is a little play with the slide the goes into the headband for adjustment. its just a little play back and forth. its solid up and down. is this normal with these.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2,653 of 2,828
  Just got these from Amazon on sale for $115. I am on hour 4 of listening and my jaw is still on the floor. I own Mad Dog Alpha;s, Sennheiser Momentum, ATH m50's, and westone IEM's. These handily beat the Momentum's and the M50's. I won't compare the Mad Dog's and IEM's because they are different beasts. Super impressed with the mids and tight lows. The highs seem a bit rolled off but some light EQ'ing should fix that
Well done  V-moda!

interesting question for you, i was wondering if you use the ipod/iphone treble booster to help with the treble (seemingly the only issue with these cans) 

how do u find it? does it affect the tonality in a negative/positive way? i dunno if this has been asked before sorry. but i'm skeptical about how much eq can "fix" a portion of the sound the person feels like their lacking

ex bass boost etc

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #2,654 of 2,828
so I have been tinkering with these all weeked and I must say that im loving these.  I was concerned about the little bit of play with the slides, but after looking at them more closely I don't there going to be an issue.  Especially reading on here how durable these little hot beasts are.   that's my only concern with them as I got them second hand unused. I have the original receipt so im not sure how that will work with the warrenty if I will be covered or not down the road...
As far as the fit. I wear glasses and these are not a issue at all.  the put a little pressure on the back of that arms but nothing to uncomfortable or akward.  the seal pretty good for me as well.  and im sure the will get even better with time as I have been wearing them only on and off for a couple of days.
The sound is dang good.  Better then I thought they could be.  I also have a pair of m-duo's that I love.  the m-duo have more sparkle to the treble, but I was expecting less with the m80 so no surprise.. these are clear and a huge change with the bigger soundstage.  The biggest thing that I have noticed is that with the m-duo v shape signature is that with movies and music I noticed more detail because of the recessed mids. so it brings the details out more to my ears.  with the m80 all the details are there, but im so focused on the sweet vocals that I just don't notice all the little things as much. to sum up I love these. I will be saving up for a vmoda over ear down the road to try..luv them. I catch myself enjoying music all over agian

ahhh. amazon has crossfade lp's for 69.99. no fair

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #2,655 of 2,828
So I really like the sound of my m80s but I just can't take the comfort level of them anymore. If I wear them for more than about 30-45 minutes it is really painful, I have tried several things to get them more comfortable but it just isn't working out. I am going to try and find a place to try out the m100 to see if they will work better for me. 

Has anyone made that jump because of comfort reasons before? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back