V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2,656 of 2,828
  So I really like the sound of my m80s but I just can't take the comfort level of them anymore. If I wear them for more than about 30-45 minutes it is really painful, I have tried several things to get them more comfortable but it just isn't working out. I am going to try and find a place to try out the m100 to see if they will work better for me. 

Has anyone made that jump because of comfort reasons before? 

If you stretch them out they get more comfortable.

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #2,657 of 2,828
So v moda is awesome. I got a email saying they would adjust the bail where it wiggles a bit. I wanted to see if this is normal before I send them in.  does anyone else have the m80 wiggle a bit where the adjuster slides in and out.  any reply would help me a lot. I don't want to send them in and that's just normal for them to do that.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2,659 of 2,828
No wiggling there for me too. I actually took apart the bail system to remove the piece of metal that makes the headband click. My head was liking a position between 2 of the clicks so I pulled out the metal thingamabobs and now it's all good for me. XD

That was an epic fail. I was talking about the M-100 since I thought this was the M-100 thread.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2,660 of 2,828
Thanks. I took one side off to look at it.  the one center screw that ties the headband together with the outer plastic piece looked liked it was stripped about. but I couldn't figure out why it was wiggly.  I went ahead and sent them in. better safe then sorry and have issues down the road.  they are a pretty awesome company,  I got them second hand here but they weren't used.  they just said send them in with my info and what the problem was and they would adjust them for me.   I am going to miss them.   I really dig the sound signature with the more forward vocals, warm sound, I don't know all the audio lingo. but I like them.  i did get my fiio e6 in today so i can play with that. eq2 is neat bring the vocals a bit more forward.  makes the m-duo sound more like the m80s. neat.. thanks again for the reply's.

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2,662 of 2,828
Does anybody know what happened to the Radio Shack deal on these, or the GameStop $50 price point?  Are they temporarily out of stock or were they just dumping stock on something they'll no longer carry and I won't see these prices again?

Thanks

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #2,663 of 2,828
  Does anybody know what happened to the Radio Shack deal on these, or the GameStop $50 price point?  Are they temporarily out of stock or were they just dumping stock on something they'll no longer carry and I won't see these prices again?

Thanks

Radio Shack was clearing them out for sure. Don't know about GameStop, but I'd expect the same.

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2,664 of 2,828

Radio Shack was clearing them out for sure. Don't know about GameStop, but I'd expect the same.

Yep, I worked out a deal with my local RS manager to have a set imported from a nearby town.  Used a $10 off coupon at the time and got a brand new set for $30 + tax.  Absolutely, positively THE best deal I've ever gotten on headphones.  LOVE EM!!!

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #2,665 of 2,828
  Yep, I worked out a deal with my local RS manager to have a set imported from a nearby town.  Used a $10 off coupon at the time and got a brand new set for $30 + tax.  Absolutely, positively THE best deal I've ever gotten on headphones.  LOVE EM!!!

wow thats insane, no way u can get a headphone that nice for 30$

btw just in case anyone cares( maybe val) vmoda seems to be moving up the border (canada) i'm seeing a lot more m80s and lps as the days pass 

now please have those deals for hte m80 up here (50$? haha) white pearl please!

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2,666 of 2,828
  interesting question for you, i was wondering if you use the ipod/iphone treble booster to help with the treble (seemingly the only issue with these cans) 

how do u find it? does it affect the tonality in a negative/positive way? i dunno if this has been asked before sorry. but i'm skeptical about how much eq can "fix" a portion of the sound the person feels like their lacking

ex bass boost etc

I didn't have to EQ these at all. They are very well balanced including the high end. Actually I found the M50's to be much darker on the treble than these. I have tested these with a number of DACs and amps and found the sound to be be pleasant across the board. You are right that EQ's can't really solve for inherent deficiencies. I tried eq'ing the Mad Dog's and it just didn't work out.  

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #2,668 of 2,828

Not tried them in public yet, but the isolation seems as good as any other closed/on-ears 'phones I've tried/used. The memory foam pads do make what feels like a pretty tight seal, so I reckon you'll be OK :)

One thing, I hope you haven't got a large head... My hat size isn't anywhere near the top of the size range and I rock a #1 clipper all over haircut, yet even with the adjustment at maximum they *just* fit.

So I finally got my M80s today and I don't know why people are saying these are uncomfortable, they're absolutely fine. I also don't need to adjust them either side and they fit perfectly.

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #2,669 of 2,828
Wish I could say the same. The adjustable headband needed to be extended nearly all the way for me and my head isn't even that big.

It also looks like V-MODA's XS headphone is leaked:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/695104/v-moda-xs-v-moda-m-80s-upgraded-new-v-moda-product-leaked-pictures-and-more#post_10064479

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #2,670 of 2,828
Wish I could say the same. The adjustable headband needed to be extended nearly all the way for me and my head isn't even that big.

It also looks like V-MODA's XS headphone is leaked:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/695104/v-moda-xs-v-moda-m-80s-upgraded-new-v-moda-product-leaked-pictures-and-more#post_10064479

Mine are far from being burned in but.. **** me they're good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back