V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Oct 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2,596 of 2,828
So I finally got my M80s and wow as my first set of AudioPhile-esk headphones these sound so clear. I can hear sounds I've never heard before in songs I've loved forever. They are small but they aren't too small for me. I'm really enjoying the M80s as the packaging and overall build of the product is very satisfying.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #2,597 of 2,828
Any news on m80s getting new pads? I would love if they would release a sens momentum on ear pads for more comfort. My pads are about to gave out but can't seem to find a replacement to their site. 

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #2,598 of 2,828
  Any news on m80s getting new pads? I would love if they would release a sens momentum on ear pads for more comfort. My pads are about to gave out but can't seem to find a replacement to their site. 

No pad-related news for the M-80, and, like you said, apparently no replacement stock pads available either. I'd suggest contacting V-MODA support to see if they can hook you up with a replacement.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #2,599 of 2,828
I contacted V-Moda customer care, to inquire if there are any replacements/alternatives for M-80 ear cups. They said they do not sell the spares but are willing to replace the ear-cups (in case of damage) for free, if the original receipt of purchase is produced.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #2,600 of 2,828
  I contacted V-Moda customer care, to inquire if there are any replacements/alternatives for M-80 ear cups. They said they do not sell the spares but are willing to replace the ear-cups (in case of damage) for free, if the original receipt of purchase is produced.

By ear cups, I assume you mean pads?

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,602 of 2,828
I recently bought these at radio shack and when I first got them they didn't sound like what everyone said they sounded like. They actually sounded disappointing compared to my standards. However when I burned them in for 2 days and used them frequently, the sound really opened up and everything just got better. I am now a believer in burning in headphones. 
For those who wish to know about the sound (at least in my case) The bass was extremely bloated first of all and it was awfull because it bled into the other frequency ranges which was the main reason that it ruined it for me. The second was that the soundstage wasnt very good. Also all the ranges of the headphone seemed loose and out of control especially the low range. However after burn in, BAM right there was a new amazing pair of headphones with tight punchy bass nice foward mids and beautiful highs 
beyersmile.png

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #2,603 of 2,828
  I recently bought these at radio shack and when I first got them they didn't sound like what everyone said they sounded like. They actually sounded disappointing compared to my standards. However when I burned them in for 2 days and used them frequently, the sound really opened up and everything just got better. I am now a believer in burning in headphones. 
For those who wish to know about the sound (at least in my case) The bass was extremely bloated first of all and it was awfull because it bled into the other frequency ranges which was the main reason that it ruined it for me. The second was that the soundstage wasnt very good. Also all the ranges of the headphone seemed loose and out of control especially the low range. However after burn in, BAM right there was a new amazing pair of headphones with tight punchy bass nice foward mids and beautiful highs 
beyersmile.png

Hmmmmm, I bought mine new in box, and they sound the exact same 2 weeks later as they did when I first plugged them in.  I thought they sounded amazing from day 1.  *shrugs*

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,608 of 2,828
  I think M80 found it's rival! Voxoa HD Wireless Headphones! I'm trying them right now(not wireless. I have them wired) and they are very good.

Interesting
i'm always wary of anything wireless or anything with noise cancellation the extra circuitry really turns me off.  makes the sound very unnatural

i would avoid it if i could

but i can see the convenience of having a wireless headphones, they look nice

they mix the beats and the B&W look

pretty nice

was thinking many times of going wireless but haven't pulled the trigger, dunno if i'm waiting for bluetooth to improve or the technology to improve for wireless but i always have the feeling that wired is always better

but i'm using wifi now rather than using internet cable i was using 12 years ago... soo what do i know

i'm still skeptical

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #2,610 of 2,828
As others have said, the M80 has a reduced treble response.  It is good for long-term listening but misses some of the sparkle of the M100.  At the same time, the M80 has a flatter response across the midrange, and is much closer to a neutral headphone than is the M100.  For me, I find the M80 easier to EQ to get it to sound the way I like as compared to the M100, but I probably wouldn't listen much if at all to the M80 if I did not use EQ on it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back