V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jun 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #1,741 of 2,828
Agreed the M-100 is a portable circumaural and will be much more portable than something like the M50 (which can be considered portable), let alone any Beyer full sizes. I love the M-80 and since I heard about the M-100.... the release can't come any sooner. Dying to get my hands on pair already.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #1,743 of 2,828
Well... The worst has happened, again. My M80s broke like a month after sending them to V-MODA to be fixed. Same problem, no sound out of the left driver because the plug on the headphones isn't contacting correctly. I might just have to fix them myself this time. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #1,745 of 2,828
Well... The worst has happened, again. My M80s broke like a month after sending them to V-MODA to be fixed. Same problem, no sound out of the left driver because the plug on the headphones isn't contacting correctly. I might just have to fix them myself this time. 

I think you should send this back to V-Moda again.

I met up with Val on Monday & he mentioned he really does care about such breakages as stats collection for analysis for future improvement.

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,746 of 2,828
Quote:

Hm, I'm curious - have you been putting them into a bag with the cord still plugged in?

Also you might want to try some anti-corrosion stuff for contact surfaces, I don't remember what it's called though...

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,747 of 2,828
Jun 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #1,748 of 2,828
listening to my new m80's

i have never had a good pair of headphones, but i do have a decent set of in ear vsonic gr07's and im loving these. 

that mid bass kick that i could not get from my in ear earphones is thumping as i type.

wish i had some other headphones to compare these to.. so all i can say is thanks val.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #1,750 of 2,828
Quote:
Hm, I'm curious - have you been putting them into a bag with the cord still plugged in?

Also you might want to try some anti-corrosion stuff for contact surfaces, I don't remember what it's called though...

No I have not put them in a bag recently. I was on a trip down which has lots of me sitting in a car so they've been used and have sat on tabletops. 

The anti corrosion stuff, could it be isopropyl alcohol, or nail polish remover. I've used that to clean the contacts on my old Nintendo 64 cartridges

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #1,752 of 2,828
I still can't believe how good these sound straight out of the Ipod.  And the price I paid?  $190.  Seriously?  With the cloth cord, molded hardshell carrying case and comfy aesthetics, Vmoda could have made msrp $799, made the cushions from some euro-lambskin and some people wouldn't have been even the wiser.  I like what V-moda is doing.  It's about time price and product meet at a head.  Obviously, I'm a fan.

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #1,754 of 2,828
Quote:
mods to detail up the bass, or to brighten up the mids?

Burn in is the only thing here.  IDK which it was, both seemed to make a slight difference here.  Break in the pads so they conform to your ears (no one else's) and drivers as well.  Things changed up for me as I used them.

Quote:
I just picked up a brand new pair of these in white pearl for $159 ($180 taxes in), so happy I was able to find one locally here in Canada. :D

Glad you could get a pair, for a low price too (without taxes that is :p).  Hope you enjoy them.

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,755 of 2,828
Quote:
I just picked up a brand new pair of these in white pearl for $159 ($180 taxes in), so happy I was able to find one locally here in Canada. :D

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find them in Canada for that price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back