V-Moda Crossfade LP
Mar 17, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #106 of 129
The lp cross fades are way better I tried the m-100s I wasn't impressed with the lack of bass they had

The LP2 are "way better" if what you want is a lot of bass. That's kind of important to specify. And if what you're after is a bass cannon the M100 shouldn't be on your register anyway. They're a bass-tilted "modiophile" headphone, not a basshead headphone.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #107 of 129
I'd rather have the M-100's than get a pair of crossfade LP, but my parents are barely letting me spend 100$ on a used LP, let alone 220$ on a used M-100.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #109 of 129
they are the best headpones that i have ever had and the sound quality is astounding. i totally reccommend these to anyone who needs a good pair of headphones >200$
welcome aboard the head-fi train. Once you get on, you never get off. I ended up getting a pair of akg k240's instead of lp's.

Apr 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #111 of 129
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #112 of 129
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I've stumbled upon a useful mod for these cans. To me the LPs were always overly warm with not enough defintion and punch in the bass or the highs. I've found that if you cut a little portion of the cloth away from a pair of earpads and slip it between the driver and the earpads of the LP, it improves things a great deal. The bass is tempered a little with definition added, and the highs also become more well defined. Nothing to lose by trying this.

May 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #113 of 129
I am looking to get a pair of bass headphones to go along with my with my ATH M50.  I plan to mainly using them for gaming (FPS games) and listening to electronic and rap.  THe M50s are great but I want to just listen to some punch of bass.  These seem to bit the bill with price and sound profile. Any other suggestion around the 125-130 range?  Will be using my PC with a Sound Blaster Z. 

May 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #114 of 129
I've been looking at the Crossfade's for awhile now and I'm thinking of picking up a pair because they are in my price range.  I have a wide range of music that I listen to ranging from Bob Marley, to Guns N Roses / Motley Crue, to Jimi Hendrix / Pink Floyd, Nirvana / Led Zeppelin, , Aerosmith and even Ice Cube, Eminem and 50 Cent.  Would the LPs be a good pick for me?  What say you?  

Any sites that are running sales on the LPs?

Thanks.

May 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #115 of 129
Ama
  I've been looking at the Crossfade's for awhile now and I'm thinking of picking up a pair because they are in my price range.  I have a wide range of music that I listen to ranging from Bob Marley, to Guns N Roses / Motley Crue, to Jimi Hendrix / Pink Floyd, Nirvana / Led Zeppelin, , Aerosmith and even Ice Cube, Eminem and 50 Cent.  Would the LPs be a good pick for me?  What say you?  

Any sites that are running sales on the LPs?

Thanks.

Probably, be aware that even though theses are hyper confortable, the bass is very overstated, I'd say the bass boost they got is over 10 db wich could end up in headaches if you dial the volume over 50% in a regular DAP. Mids are recessed and I guess you can do a lot better.

Get these instead Samson SR950

May 7, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #116 of 129
  Ama

Probably, be aware that even though theses are hyper confortable, the bass is very overstated, I'd say the bass boost they got is over 10 db wich could end up in headaches if you dial the volume over 50% in a regular DAP. Mids are recessed and I guess you can do a lot better.

No one who is looking at the LPs wants "reference" headphones. 

To the OP, snag the LP2s, they're significantly better than the original LP. But yes, they ARE bassy headphones. 

May 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #117 of 129
  Ama

I'm not going to lie but I have no clue what any of this means did you reply to the wrong person?

May 30, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #118 of 129
While I May still be new  here Im going to put in my two cents as somebody who has had them for a over year.

At first, yeah....they sounded JUST better than beats solo hd(2012). So what did i do? I Plugged it into my dads laptop with SRS Premium At max volume and starting the burn in process.
I also used them with my Mp3 when moving out and about.
After 2 days they opened up a lot But no better than my Fanny wang 2001(don't blame me,first pair of expensive headphones >.>) So after a week They opened up....i mean Jesus did they open up
They still weren't as good as my fanny wangs but were now seriously close, while being more comfortable.So....then months passed and i used them on my walk to school and when ever I could.
When it was just near the end of my 9th grade year, These headphones were a different type of monster all together. They Utterly  destroyed my Fanny wangs and a pair of Beats pro i auditioned.
(Note: all of this was when i was still using my sony Nwz-A865 and not my New cowon I-audio 10.)
They were and even today still the best headphones I have ever had still sounding better then there replacements,the sony mdr.x10(These were the closest sounding headphone to them that was $100)
I got when they were stolen.

I just wonder how good they would've sounded if i used them with my cowon.....dear lord i'm drooling lol

May 31, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #119 of 129
How well do they respond to equalization, and would the sound improve drastically with an FiiO E11 amp compared to just my internal phone amp?

I use them directly off an iPhone 5s, and they have plenty of volume and bass.  I have a FiiO E6, but honestly haven't tried it with them as they sound fine without.  I use them at work and they don't leak sound at the volume I use.  I also sometimes use the Denon App for EQ, and they sound fine with that as well.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #120 of 129

For $70 it's a great deal probably, can you grab one for me too? ^^ Problem is that I live in europe so shipping isn't as cheap. ^^ While I have my doubts about beating Sony XB in sound quality the design and durability (these are built like tanks) and built in mic in the cord would be worth the price in my eyes.

Did you end up getting the Crossfade LP's? How do you compare them in terms of bass to the XB500's? 

I have the 500's and am looking to get a new bass headphone kind of bored with them, want something with the same bass but a bit better mids/trouble do these Crossfades fit the bill if not where should I look?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back