USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 20, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #5,898 of 6,433
Great. I'm looking forward to its arrival unfortunately it's going to take till early next year.
Did you say it's a 9 volt or a 12 volt power supply for that powered USB hub?
12V DC. The ones I bought from amazon all included a 12V power supply in the box (EU plug/220V in my case); the 4-port ones had one rated for 2A and the 7-port one for 3A. I guess that is the same for the ones from aliexpress, respectively with your specific local plug/voltage standard.

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #5,899 of 6,433
Aful Dongle Snowy Night

1703136414067.jpeg

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #5,903 of 6,433
Simply the best dongle of all the ones I have... Hiby FC6 discounted by 100 dollars on the Hiby website. What more could you want? With this, your Christmas will be simply perfect!!!

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-fc6

Dec 23, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #5,904 of 6,433
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a cheap USB-C to 3.5mm adapter to connect my pixel 8 to my car radio. I tried the Google one but I returned it because I wasn't satisfied at all.
I read that the Apple one is not bad in relation to the purchase cost, however it could be a bit "silent". Alternatives that you would recommend for my use? (maybe available on Amazon)

Thank you :)
Hi everyone
in the end I also returned the Apple DAC :D

Can you think of something that is better than Apple's without spending more than €50? For example, I saw AIDERLOT DC02 on Amazon...

If not, is there any big difference I need to consider for example between FIIO KA1 and iFi GO link? or is one as good as the other in my case?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #5,905 of 6,433
Hi everyone
in the end I also returned the Apple DAC :D

Can you think of something that is better than Apple's without spending more than €50? For example, I saw AIDERLOT DC02 on Amazon...

If not, is there any big difference I need to consider for example between FIIO KA1 and iFi GO link? or is one as good as the other in my case?

Thank you!
I have one Apple DAC and for its purpose its fine. I keep it in my gym bag with some $11 headphones that were recommended by the NYTimes techy column. (wirecutter?) As noted in the reviews, bass is poor but its fine for the treadmill when I don't have my airpods around.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #5,906 of 6,433
These days I'm trying the latest dongle that arrived and I have to say that it's really excellent. I'm talking about the Questyle M12 which, thanks to the lower price (it can be found for 90 euros), has a truly interesting quality/price ratio. It shares many of the sound characteristics of its big brother M15 but with a more natural sound and less colored bass, while the quality and quantity of details remain intact. In addition to this it is really tiny and like the M15 very economical in terms of battery consumption. The thing that worried me the most was the fact of not being able to decide between high and low gain, but as you can see in the photo, it is a problem that can easily be circumvented a bit as was done for the LG V series phones, that is, by connecting to it any adapter before connecting the headphone cable, so no problem. Connected to the PC it becomes a beast like the M15, dramatically increasing the power of its CMA current amplification typical of Questyle products, but having a less colorful sound it can be set at higher volumes without being invaded by an enormous amount of bass. For 130 euros it was already a best buy, but for 90 euros it will be really difficult for any other dongle to come close to the performance that this little one manages to achieve. If you want a dongle with excellent sound, low consumption and splendid amplification (especially when connected to a PC), think about it. It will reward you greatly.

M12.jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #5,907 of 6,433
These days I'm trying the latest dongle that arrived and I have to say that it's really excellent. I'm talking about the Questyle M12 which, thanks to the lower price (it can be found for 90 euros), has a truly interesting quality/price ratio. It shares many of the sound characteristics of its big brother M15 but with a more natural sound and less colored bass, while the quality and quantity of details remain intact. In addition to this it is really tiny and like the M15 very economical in terms of battery consumption. The thing that worried me the most was the fact of not being able to decide between high and low gain, but as you can see in the photo, it is a problem that can easily be circumvented a bit as was done for the LG V series phones, that is, by connecting to it any adapter before connecting the headphone cable, so no problem. Connected to the PC it becomes a beast like the M15, dramatically increasing the power of its CMA current amplification typical of Questyle products, but having a less colorful sound it can be set at higher volumes without being invaded by an enormous amount of bass. For 130 euros it was already a best buy, but for 90 euros it will be really difficult for any other dongle to come close to the performance that this little one manages to achieve. If you want a dongle with excellent sound, low consumption and splendid amplification (especially when connected to a PC), think about it. It will reward you greatly.

M12.jpg
Any chance to send more photos? I am really interested in this one! I have a Bose Soundtrue ultra 120 and the wires quietcomfort but my dongle keeps the volume lower for some reason. I have had some dongles that are better but my current one from apple and amazon is so-so.

Also considering getting the IE 900 from Sennheiser, I just need to figure out a cable that has a good mic or who makes one :frowning2:

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #5,910 of 6,433
Any chance to send more photos? I am really interested in this one! I have a Bose Soundtrue ultra 120 and the wires quietcomfort but my dongle keeps the volume lower for some reason. I have had some dongles that are better but my current one from apple and amazon is so-so.

Also considering getting the IE 900 from Sennheiser, I just need to figure out a cable that has a good mic or who makes one :frowning2:
Sorry but I don't understand... do you want to know which type of connector activates the high gain for the M12? If so it depends on the IEM cable termination. If, for example, you have a 4.4mm terminated cable you need a 4.4mm to 3.5mm. Tell me which connector you need and I will directly send you a link to purchase it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back