USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #4,351 of 6,468
I am not ready to provide a solid comparison, I have been burning the DC03 Pro and I don't have enough listening time with it.
In the review I am thinking of comparing it to the DC05 and not the DC06 though.
Does the dc06 has the same capabilities in the app as the dc03 pro?

Dec 23, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #4,352 of 6,468
From what I understand, E7 has usb and 3.5mm inputs. You should be able to connect E7 to your Samsung phone with a micro usb to usb c otg cable such as FiiO CL6. This way would bypass your phone's DAC and use E7's DAC and amp.

Thanks, I did not know there were USB C to Micro USB cables available so I went ahead and ordered one from eBay for cheap, can't wait to test how it works.

I appreciate the thorough help you provided.

Dec 23, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #4,354 of 6,468
Yes, the app is very simple and is just for precise adjustment of the volume.
Which dongle, according to you, has the best app?

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #4,355 of 6,468
Which dongle, according to you, has the best app?
I think FiiO and maybe Shanling that with some of their dongles (not all) you can configure low pass filter, gain and a couple of other settings.
Of course there maybe another brands too that I am not aware of.
But they are not necessarily better because the iBasso UAC is the only one (I think) that allows for precise volume adjustment taking over the Android internal control.

Dec 26, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #4,357 of 6,468
Thanks, I did not know there were USB C to Micro USB cables available so I went ahead and ordered one from eBay for cheap, can't wait to test how it works.

I appreciate the thorough help you provided.
if you need a microUSB to typeC cable, this one works without any problems. it connects my microUSB phone to TypeC dongle (tested on FiiO KA3, Colorfly CDA M1 Questyle M15)

Jan 1, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #4,362 of 6,468
Hi guys, happy new year to you all!
I have some questions, hope you can help me.

1) TANCHJIM Space mentions output power 1Vrms (Unbal, low gain). Which is a plus for me, but don't mention how to change gain. Is it via software or buttons combination?

2) iBasso DC03Pro changes gain setting via software, but don't mention lowest gain Vrms?
and also it will be nice to know what is Output Mode in the software settings, it has to do with USB port or amplification?

thanks

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #4,363 of 6,468
Hi guys, happy new year to you all!
I have some questions, hope you can help me.

1) TANCHJIM Space mentions output power 1Vrms (Unbal, low gain). Which is a plus for me, but don't mention how to change gain. Is it via software or buttons combination?

2) iBasso DC03Pro changes gain setting via software, but don't mention lowest gain Vrms?
and also it will be nice to know what is Output Mode in the software settings, it has to do with USB port or amplification?

thanks
I asked iBasso via email. They told me this about the DC03Pro:

When using high gain, the max output voltage is 2V. Mid gain is 1.73V. Low gain is 1.42V.

When in Turbo mode, The AMP section's working voltage is 3V. In normal mode, it is 2.6V.

Jan 4, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #4,364 of 6,468
Jay Ros Thank You for sharing this information.

I want DAC that works flawlessly with iPhone mini, if I remember right lightning dongle outputs is max 1.4 Vrms, it is more than enough for me and If you connect power hongry DAC with iPhone it doesn't work (correct me if I wrong on this).
It will be nice to know is someone use TANCHJIM Space or iBasso DC03Pro with iPhone mini?

Now I have only this question:innocent:
TANCHJIM Space mentions output power 1Vrms (Unbal, low gain), but don't mention how to change gain. Is it via software or buttons combination and do it remember gain setting after disconnecting to from phone?

thanks

Jan 4, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #4,365 of 6,468
Jay Ros Thank You for sharing this information.

I want DAC that works flawlessly with iPhone mini, if I remember right lightning dongle outputs is max 1.4 Vrms, it is more than enough for me and If you connect power hongry DAC with iPhone it doesn't work (correct me if I wrong on this).
It will be nice to know is someone use TANCHJIM Space or iBasso DC03Pro with iPhone mini?

Now I have only this question:innocent:
TANCHJIM Space mentions output power 1Vrms (Unbal, low gain), but don't mention how to change gain. Is it via software or buttons combination and do it remember gain setting after disconnecting to from phone?

thanks

I'm using iBasso DC03Pro with iphone 13 mini and I love it, everything works perfectly. Beside, it's definitely not a power hungry dac at all. My test shows that it only draws 10% of battery after 1 hour (Apple Music with maximum sound quality). My DC03Pro settings is Medium Gain and Turbo Mode.

IMG_0015.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back