USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
May 25, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #3,916 of 6,433
I must admit I don't quite understand this post. UAPP is an android app. ;The apple dongle is lightning. and apple specific. You seem to be bridging these worlds. Perhaps you can take us through this ?
I think what he meant was using Apple's USB-C to 3.5 Adapter dac on Android phone with UAPP. iPAD now comes with USB-C, and Apple made an adapter DAC for iPAD.

1653535588652.png

May 26, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #3,917 of 6,433
I must admit I don't quite understand this post. UAPP is an android app. ;The apple dongle is lightning. and apple specific. You seem to be bridging these worlds. Perhaps you can take us through this ?
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MU7E2AM/A/usb-c-to-35mm-headphone-jack-adapter

There is a USB C version of Apple dongle designed to use with iPad. Since the newer iPad uses USB C ports now as oppose to lighting port.

This USB C dongle works with Android phone and Windows PC. However default hardware volume is 60%, which in Android will result in low volume unless you use UAPP then you can gain 100% volume. Somehow in Windows PC you don't have this issue so you can access 100% of the volume.

EDIT: Ops typed this forgot to refresh page, sungmj already explained.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #3,918 of 6,433
May 26, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #3,919 of 6,433
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MU7E2AM/A/usb-c-to-35mm-headphone-jack-adapter

There is a USB C version of Apple dongle designed to use with iPad. Since the newer iPad uses USB C ports now as oppose to lighting port.

This USB C dongle works with Android phone and Windows PC. However default hardware volume is 60%, which in Android will result in low volume unless you use UAPP then you can gain 100% volume. Somehow in Windows PC you don't have this issue so you can access 100% of the volume.

EDIT: Ops typed this forgot to refresh page, sungmi already explained.
Lol, same here 🤣

May 26, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,921 of 6,433
I’m looking for a very specific dongle. Currently I’m just using my A52 5g’s headphone jack, and its been pretty good tbh. Even for my HD650. But I need a dongle that has at least 2 volts (I use the 250ohm DT 770 and HD650 often) is plug and play with Android, (preferably no app) doesn’t need to deal with firmware updates, and doesn’t have that annoying auto adjusting power. As sometimes I use IEMs and I don’t want it adjusting based on what you plug in. Anything like that exist? Losing the headphone jack on phones has been so stressful.

I was thinking of getting a BTR5 or Qudelix and using them in DAC mode but I don’t wanna deal with apps or how clunky that setup is.
I'm in the same situation. HD650 plugged into my Note 20 Ultra sounds pretty good up to about 75 percent. Looking for a little more. Keep us updated.

May 26, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #3,923 of 6,433
I ended up buying ifi iDSD signature, those dongle DAC just can't power big boys like HD650.

I have a few dongles that can power the HD650 well - Questyle M15 and Colorfly CDA M1 (on 4.4 mm balanced output/high gain). Dongles have come very far in the past few months TBH.

May 28, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #3,924 of 6,433
Guys ai'm in the market for a DAC for my Note10+to use at the gym. I previously had the ddhifi pyramid one but it broke. Can anyone recommend me a good DAC? I want the best and my preference is for good mid bass quantity/impact, decent rumble, layering and separation and high resolution but warm. As an example, my fav monitors are the Vision ears phonix and the A18t. @Ultrainferno

May 28, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #3,925 of 6,433
@Ike1985
Of the ones I have tried, the ibasso dc05 fits your description. It has a dynamic sound in the mid bass which you may like. For myself I like a more neutral sounding dac/Amp.
And it has a fairly small form factor which may be a little more easily portable in a gym setting.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #3,926 of 6,433
I ended up buying ifi iDSD signature, those dongle DAC just can't power big boys like HD650.

I have a few dongles that can power the HD650 well - Questyle M15 and Colorfly CDA M1 (on 4.4 mm balanced output/high gain). Dongles have come very far in the past few months TBH.
Apogee Groove from 2015 can drive HD650 well, too. They used to be bundled and sold together by Sennheiser.

May 30, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #3,927 of 6,433
Guys ai'm in the market for a DAC for my Note10+to use at the gym. I previously had the ddhifi pyramid one but it broke. Can anyone recommend me a good DAC? I want the best and my preference is for good mid bass quantity/impact, decent rumble, layering and separation and high resolution but warm. As an example, my fav monitors are the Vision ears phonix and the A18t. @Ultrainferno
may try alo pilot

Jun 1, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #3,930 of 6,433
You can run 1,000Vrms on apple dongle

UAPP is required

Connect the dongle, open UAPP, turn up the volume, close uapp, open your favorite music program and enjoy

A little trouble but you'll be able to use a magnificent dongle for $8.00
Having the same problem I went ahead and got the Samsung one it's broken four times so I'd rather just spend more and get a good one.

What exactly is UAPP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back