USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Apr 23, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #2,311 of 6,504
A well implemented balanced circuit can usually offer lower noise floor , better separation , wider soundstage and greater dynamics compared to the single ended variant with the same parts.
Single ended can still sound very good.
In your case only a balanced dongle can offer the power you seek.
Don't know if I seek that power . More I am inquiring what amount of power I need to have the best sound experience with my iem without paying too much or getting too bulky.

Apr 24, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #2,312 of 6,504
Don't know if I seek that power . More I am inquiring what amount of power I need to have the best sound experience with my iem without paying too much or getting too bulky.
That mostly depents on the IEM.
The sensitivity of the IEM tells you how efficient it can turn the electric signal from the amplifier into audio.
The impedance of the IEM decides how much of the electric signal can be delivered to the IEM (often in the specs for amplifiers you will find several values for different IEM-impedance. Lower output for high impedance IEMs, and better output as the impedance goes down).
What sounds good for you is mostly personal.

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #2,313 of 6,504
That mostly depents on the IEM.
The sensitivity of the IEM tells you how efficient it can turn the electric signal from the amplifier into audio.
The impedance of the IEM decides how much of the electric signal can be delivered to the IEM (often in the specs for amplifiers you will find several values for different IEM-impedance. Lower output for high impedance IEMs, and better output as the impedance goes down).
What sounds good for you is mostly personal.
Blon is 16 ohm sensitivity 102.
Moondrop 32 ohm sensitivity 122 db in 1 vrms

Apr 26, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #2,317 of 6,504
I have the official response regarding the power output of SoundMAGIC A30.

It is rated at 62.5mW/16ohm and at 31.2mW/32ohm per channel.
Interesting and why I want to see testing because the popular Tempotec Sonata HD pro has same exact chip and seems to get at least double that output at 32 Ohms and the chip manufacturers website rates it as a minimum of 32 which means it might be giving more.
Hopefully someone at audiosciencereview does a test on it. Seems there are very few reviews out there. Only yours in fact despite many reviews on similar product which don't include volume and track control.

Apr 26, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2,319 of 6,504
Weird situation. I've got two Ztella Zorloos. They are both running the same firmware, but they sound very different. One is much better, more like my dfc (though no real comparison). The other has a kind of 'squeezed' sound to it. Shouldn't these things be more or less identical? Any theories?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back