USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Mar 24, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #1,126 of 6,431
I have both Hilidac Atom pro and Beam2.
Both works flawlessly on Android or IOS.
Drive my Sennheiser Hd650 without problem.
Beam2 is way more powerful on balanced 2.5 output.
IOS original tidal app works without trouble reendering MQA.
In Android original tidal do not suport usb bit perfect so I use usb audio player pro.
Works very well.
On PC original tidal app detects both as a reender and works.
I use also Audirvana on Windows 10 and works flawlessly.

Mar 24, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #1,127 of 6,431
So I have the Meizu Pro coming from Ali. Got it for $40 shipped. Hopefully it arrives soon. It'll be used with my HD650, and Q701 for low(ish) volume listening. These headphones both work decent enough with the Hidizs Sonata HDII, but I'm sure the Meizu will do even better with 3x the power at 300ohms(10mw). The Meizu should also do around 40mw at the Q701's impedance.

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #1,128 of 6,431
Hi there, thinking of picking up a Note 10 Plus 5G tomorrow (currently use a Note 8). I just want a simple dondle that is portable and fuss free, and adds a clean noise free boost in performance/volume, with no colourisation of sound, to power Sony MDR-Z1R headphones, plus BGVP DM6 and Westone W40R's iems.

Any recommendations, especially taking into account ohms etc?

So far I'm leaving towards either the Meizu Pro or the Musiland MU2.

Any advice would be welcome!

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #1,129 of 6,431
Hi there, thinking of picking up a Note 10 Plus 5G tomorrow (currently use a Note 8). I just want a simple dondle that is portable and fuss free, and adds a clean noise free boost in performance/volume, with no colourisation of sound, to power Sony MDR-Z1R headphones, plus BGVP DM6 and Westone W40R's iems.

Any recommendations, especially taking into account ohms etc?

So far I'm leaving towards either the Meizu Pro or the Musiland MU2.

Any advice would be welcome!
I have quite a few dongles and can wholeheartedly recommend the Meizu. It's simple, never acts up, and sounds great!

Mar 27, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #1,131 of 6,431
I have both Hilidac Atom pro and Beam2.
Both works flawlessly on Android or IOS.
Drive my Sennheiser Hd650 without problem.
Beam2 is way more powerful on balanced 2.5 output.
IOS original tidal app works without trouble reendering MQA.
In Android original tidal do not suport usb bit perfect so I use usb audio player pro.
Works very well.
On PC original tidal app detects both as a reender and works.
I use also Audirvana on Windows 10 and works flawlessly.

How does the Beam2 sound compared to xDSD, M11, DC02 ?

Not much feedback on this somewhat expensive DAC/AMP

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #1,136 of 6,431
How does the Beam2 sound compared to xDSD, M11, DC02 ?

Not much feedback on this somewhat expensive DAC/AMP
Beam2 is amazing compare to xdsd for the price, no need to charge it you can use it mobile,pc and works out of box. Sound wise i like xdsd dac Burr-Brown interesting clean well balanced sound but I sold it because it was not compatible with my mobile. Beam2 is so powerful can easily blow my ears even with HD 650. DC02 didn't have this pover and M11 was very nice but too big. AND heavy but we'll refined sound signature. Also M11 biggest problem for me was no Google play store. So Beam2 is super light and very versatile just use right cable and you can play it to iPhone or Android or Pc.
Also it has BaL+ non balanced dual earphone ports with ES9281C Pro chip from ESS.
My only problem so far that get hot when you use it but I had same problem with DX220.
Hope this is enough....

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #1,137 of 6,431
Got my Meizu Hifi Dac Pro and my headphones sound a bit louder powered by jack socket from my laptop than powered by Meizu Dac Pro.
I've tested on Kingston HyperX (60 ohm), KZ ZS6 (16 ohm) and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore (16 ohm). They sound just a bit louder powered by my laptop jack socket and I wonder if my Meizu Dac Pro is faulty or is it expected to work like that?
I thought it is supposed to amplify volume noticeably

Besides, music quality is noticeably better with Meizu Hifi Dac Pro..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back