USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Apr 20, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #4,711 of 6,526
What is the best Dongle DAC available at or under $10

Am currently looking at:
Venture Electronics Avani
Venture Electronics Abigail
Apple Dongle
SAMSUNG Dongle

Which of these is the best in performance and reliability. And are there any other recommendations.

Apple dongle is really good for the price (don't get the EU volume capped crap ones though).

Quite neutral, decent measurements. I think the only issue it has is it can't power very demanding transducers, but for most IEMs it should do a fine job.

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #4,713 of 6,526
I heard it had limitations on power output for Android devices

If I'm not mistaken, it is the Apple lightning connector that has a power output of 3Vrms or something like that, compared to USB-C ones giving 5Vrms. Think the figures are thereabouts.

But even amongst Apple dongles, the EU version is volume capped and severely throttled compared to those sold in other countries.

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #4,714 of 6,526
If I'm not mistaken, it is the Apple lightning connector that has a power output of 3Vrms or something like that, compared to USB-C ones giving 5Vrms. Think the figures are thereabouts.

But even amongst Apple dongles, the EU version is volume capped and severely throttled compared to those sold in other countries.
Got it. Yeah I guess Apple dongle is a safe bet. Even if it does not work to its full potential with Android devices it doesn't have reliability issues of SAMSUNG Dongle. And works good with PC. So yeah.

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #4,715 of 6,526
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the battery from the Topping G5?
Another thing: I read that the 9038 doesn't work with all otg cables in comparison with the iphone. is it possible to to use it with the fiio otg cable? Did anyone test it?

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #4,716 of 6,526
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the battery from the Topping G5?
Another thing: I read that the 9038 doesn't work with all otg cables in comparison with the iphone. is it possible to to use it with the fiio otg cable? Did anyone test it?
Would like to know this as well. It be good if swapping Battery on G5 be possible.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #4,718 of 6,526
I found the driver of the Space, now it's working fine with pc
https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/#all/1
Thanks for posting this. I was very pleased at first because it seemed the sound quality was matching USB Audio Player Pro with this driver. But it has apparently messed up streaming through the Windows Qobuz app under certain conditions. I use Qobuz for almost all my listening nowadays. But the Windows Qobuz app can't stream 192kHz, 24-bit tracks in Wasapi now through this dongle. The music is horribly garbled and the speed is super fast. With DirectSound set to the same output format, it's fine. The app works fine with the E44 and the DC04Pro using Wasapi on this format, too. So it seems the driver has a bug. I'll have to limit myself to 96/24 I guess.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #4,719 of 6,526
WHiCH IS BETTER Sound Quality, esp Technicallities (imaging, separation, layering, details, soudnstage width, depth) :

Ibasso DC04 PRO
or
Xduoo Link2 BAL MAX ?

(comparison i ask, only in balance 4.4 output).

thank you very much

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #4,723 of 6,526
You can choose from a multitude of dongles, including very powerful ones. If they have a detachable cable, use the USB-C to lightning cable, otherwise use an adapter.
Here is a list to start
Have fun :)

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #4,725 of 6,526
No portable amp/dac dongle is going to get the best out of a HD650 believe me.
Sennheiser does not agree.

"...the Groove amp increases the output signal to do full justice to the capabilities of the HD 650.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back