USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Apr 13, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #4,666 of 6,526
Picked up hiby fc6 and wanted to share some early impressions.

On arrival it wasn’t recognized as mqa rendered by neither uapp or tidal and also at times produced noise. No such issues after upgrading to 1.04 firmware. Afterwards I also had an issue with my pixel phone that had microphone access blocked globally and somehow that prevented uapp getting exclusive access as well.

Love the included case and cover. Not impressed with build quality, buttons specifically. They almost get stuck and sometimes volume gets adjusted by two levels instead of one. Hopefully the clickiness of the buttons will improve with use.

Features and power aside, I think I like fc6 sq so far the most of any dongle I’ve tried, best ones up to now being w2, ru6, and m15 in that order. It’s not as organically neutral as w2, not as colored as ru6, not as dynamic as m15. Yet it has more color/special sauce than w2, more resolving than ru6, and more analog than m15.

In terms of synergy during early trial runs, best results were with sony m9 iem = crisp staging and ambience. Also sounded great with e888sp and jcally jc10 buds. Didn’t go well with wp900 headphones which are somewhat cold/bright. Listening right now with ie900, good pairing overall but slightly slow.

20230413_095321.jpg

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #4,671 of 6,526

Tanchjim Space , I don't think its better than the dc04 pro, but not bad, not bad !​

What do you prefer about the DC04Pro?

Apr 18, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #4,673 of 6,526
I don't have the dc04pro yet just the Link2 Balanced, but the Link seems better than the Space i think :)
Your Space is working with a Laptop or a PC ?
I only use an Android phone with USB Audio Player Pro in bit perfect mode as a source. I haven't been able to get equivalent sound quality out of a PC. Not sure why.

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #4,675 of 6,526
I use Android phone with uapp too. Do you think that the Space need some "burn-in" time ?
I can't imagine a reason why it would.

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #4,677 of 6,526
I only use an Android phone with USB Audio Player Pro in bit perfect mode as a source. I haven't been able to get equivalent sound quality out of a PC. Not sure why.
Spelling is going to be wrong ........

Usually on a PC you need the drivers (Thysicon or some such). Each vendor supplies their own drivers. I think the drivers are actually pretty generic but there is one file that is customized to the vendor and model.

Armed with the drivers a PC should sound as good as any other source.

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #4,678 of 6,526
I've got some questions:

- Which dongle is better? S9pro or 9038?
- Fiio Q3s or Topping G5 is only necessary for over ears? there are no advantages in comparison to the smaller dongles above?
I have the Q3-MQA. It is really great; but nobody here talks about it because it is a bit larger. And by the way, I bought it for the AKM chip and the THX amplification. Plus 2.5 and 4.4 balanced outputs!

I think MQA is a scam so I didn't buy the unit for that capability. Now that MQA technology didn't get into the new Bluetooth spec they may literally fade away. Bankruptcy has already been filed; but that is an accounting convention to separate the company into parts as I understand it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back