USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Apr 14, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #3,797 of 6,526
In our latest article we check out the new ddHiFi TC44C mini DAC/AMP. The $119 USD TC44C features dual CS43131 DAC chips and has both a single ended as well as a balanced output. Let's find out how it performs and compares, now on Headfonia! An article by @nanotechnos

https://www.headfonia.com/ddhifi-tc44c-review/

Oh forgot to ask, I didn't see it in the review but....... the power seems low, is it able to drive headphones well?

It looks like you only tested with iem unless I missed it......

Or I'm better off waiting for the Xduoo Link2 Bal review? LOL

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #3,798 of 6,526
In our latest article we check out the new ddHiFi TC44C mini DAC/AMP. The $119 USD TC44C features dual CS43131 DAC chips and has both a single ended as well as a balanced output. Let's find out how it performs and compares, now on Headfonia! An article by @nanotechnos

https://www.headfonia.com/ddhifi-tc44c-review/

Purchased even though there is no need as
I told myself to stop buying dongles already (have so many) but this look very tempting.

Also it looks luxurious and classy!
I told myself the same thing but did not listen. Ordered one to go along with and ifi Xcan, Fiio BTR3, Fiio BTR5, L&P W2, and a few others. There were 3 USB-C left after my order

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #3,800 of 6,526
iBasso ‎DC06 is coming, 320mW‎‎@32‎‎ Ω

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4758606619346840

Capture.JPG

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #3,801 of 6,526
Purchased even though there is no need as

I told myself the same thing but did not listen. Ordered one to go along with and ifi Xcan, Fiio BTR3, Fiio BTR5, L&P W2, and a few others. There were 3 USB-C left after my order
Lol damn stop tempting me hahah, also definitely give us an impression when you get it.

My concern now is the low power output not sure if it can drive full size headphone well.

Otherwise also eyeing KA3 and xDuoo Link2 Bal, but I keep reading xDuoo Link2 Bal is very neutral sound and I generally prefer a small bump in treble and mid bass.
Lol damn, is this currently the champ for most power in a dongle?

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #3,803 of 6,526
Lol damn stop tempting me hahah, also definitely give us an impression when you get it.

My concern now is the low power output not sure if it can drive full size headphone well.

Otherwise also eyeing KA3 and xDuoo Link2 Bal, but I keep reading xDuoo Link2 Bal is very neutral sound and I generally prefer a small bump in treble and mid bass.

Lol damn, is this currently the champ for most power in a dongle?
Fiio KA3 already hit limitation on Lighting port with its 240mw, how far USB-C could give out?

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #3,805 of 6,526
Hello everyone. I need your help.
I'm between Fiio ka1 & ibasso dc05.
I'm using my android phone with KZ ZSX and ibasso dc03.
I'm searching for a dongle with MQA because I stream from Tidal.
I'm listening mostly electronic music, like Dub Techno & Deep House, but sometimes Downtempo, Funk, Jazz, Trip Hop etc.
What do you think about these 2?
Is it worthy the extra cost, just for the MQA, or it's a waste of money, because i have already the dc03?
Do you have any other option in mind, but in the same budget?
I also checked Hiby FC3 & Tempotec Sonata MHD.
Thank you in advance.

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #3,806 of 6,526
Hello everyone. I need your help.
I'm between Fiio ka1 & ibasso dc05.
I'm using my android phone with KZ ZSX and ibasso dc03.
I'm searching for a dongle with MQA because I stream from Tidal.
I'm listening mostly electronic music, like Dub Techno & Deep House, but sometimes Downtempo, Funk, Jazz, Trip Hop etc.
What do you think about these 2?
Is it worthy the extra cost, just for the MQA, or it's a waste of money, because i have already the dc03?
Do you have any other option in mind, but in the same budget?
I also checked Hiby FC3 & Tempotec Sonata MHD.
Thank you in advance.
Hi, regarding the iBasso it is worthy not of the MQA but because the DC05 is better than the DC03.
Of course I am not suggesting that it is that better that you should definitely upgrade but since you are using MQA then it is a good combination.
MQA + slightly better sound.
Regarding the KA1 I am still waiting for it so I don't know how it sounds.

Apr 16, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #3,810 of 6,526
This will sound crazy but........ has anyone compared Mojo 2 to xDuoo Link2 Bal?

I recently got Mojo 2 but I sort of miss the convenience of dongle dac. Wondering if I should pick up xDuoo Link2 Bal.
still waiting for more review on Xduoo Link 2Bal, especially Headphonia.
Hopefully it comes with comparison with Zen DAC, Fiio KA3, and that one other dongle with similar setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back