USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Oct 4, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #3,076 of 6,468
I have had my tempotec sonata e44 for about 2 weeks now and just a few comments:

QC issues:
1. The aluminium case over the 4.4mm plug spins freely. (Unless this is by design?). The actual plug is very tight as well needing some force to insert.

2. In the middle of each cable, all the cables were stuck together and stiff. I had to work to pry these apart and I can only hope the plastic shielding wasn't damaged.

20210927_130214.jpg

Sound:
To be honest, very similar to the ibasso dc04. I'm not sure if any differences are placebo but it may have a wider soundstage/ stereo seperation.

Usability:
1. The volume buttons are a nice touch although the free play of the rocker doesn't scream premium.
2. Pairs well with a PC and Samsung Android phone.

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #3,077 of 6,468
about finding a source with enough power i keep reading : "scale better with amping" can someone please share a graph showing the effect of more power on a iem ? i often see graph comparing the effect of tips but never a graph showing the efect of more power (or cable swap for that matter) does it means that the effect of these last 2 changes does not graph any visual difference and therefore is in the category of brain level placebo effect ? thanks

Oct 5, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #3,078 of 6,468
Here we go again.

Look if you don't believe in power scaling of IEMs go buy a Final E3000 and try it on an apple dongle vs. a desktop amplifier. Report back to us then.

This isn't the thread to be asking questions like that, and most definitely not the thread to impose your preconceived notions of "if it doesn't graph it doesn't exist".

There is no burden of proof on the people in this thread to prove to you that cables or power make a difference. It would be great if you try it for yourself and hear the difference. If you don't believe in them go your own merry way.

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #3,080 of 6,468
Here we go again.

Look if you don't believe in power scaling of IEMs go buy a Final E3000 and try it on an apple dongle vs. a desktop amplifier. Report back to us then.

This isn't the thread to be asking questions like that, and most definitely not the thread to impose your preconceived notions of "if it doesn't graph it doesn't exist".

There is no burden of proof on the people in this thread to prove to you that cables or power make a difference. It would be great if you try it for yourself and hear the difference. If you don't believe in them go your own merry way.
sorry if i offended some people it was not my intention, i am just looking for objective data to complement my subjective impressions (i am subject to placebo like everyone else), thanks

ps: the purpose of forum is not to prove things one way or another. it is to ask questions and share informations so individuals can benefit from the experiences of many and make our own conclusions and buy audio gear we think may match our personal subjective taste ( impossible to buy and test everything as individuals, we don't have the time nor the money )

for those interested here is the only graph i could find : more power don't seem to change the freq response (at least for this combination )

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,081 of 6,468
sorry if i offended some people it was not my intention, i am just looking for objective data to complement my subjective impressions (i am subject to placebo like everyone else), thanks
I'll be the first to admit that proper objective data is sparse, if there is any at all.

In this case, just trust your ears. Measurements are never the whole story but experience can tell it.

Oct 6, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #3,082 of 6,468

ps: the purpose of forum is not to prove things one way or another. it is to ask questions and share informations so individuals can benefit from the experiences of many and make our own conclusions and buy audio gear we think may match our personal subjective taste ( impossible to buy and test everything as individuals, we don't have the time nor the money )

for those interested here is the only graph i could find : more power don't seem to change the freq response (at least for this combination )
I like to recommend to have a look at this persons website. It is his personal opinion, but still it is quite comprehensive and interesting.
It does not directly answer your questions, but with some digging and comparing you might still be able to draw conclusions.
https://crinacle.com/

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #3,085 of 6,468
Can anyone help me figure out where to get the ASIO drivers for my YinLuMei S4 device? Comtrue USB Device?

1633883640781.png

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #3,086 of 6,468
A bit off topic.

I noticed that in the last month or so, no matter which dongle I connect to my phone, I get a very noticeable constant noise (shhhhh) coming through my headphones. I tried two different dongles and two different pairs of headphones. I even tried replacing USB cables. It happens no matter what app I use to play music. My phone is Redmi Note 10.

Does anyone encountered this problem?

Oct 10, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #3,087 of 6,468
A bit off topic.

I noticed that in the last month or so, no matter which dongle I connect to my phone, I get a very noticeable constant noise (shhhhh) coming through my headphones. I tried two different dongles and two different pairs of headphones. I even tried replacing USB cables. It happens no matter what app I use to play music. My phone is Redmi Note 10.

Does anyone encountered this problem?
Did you try to borrow another person's phone? I wonder if it's some kind of newly introduced electrical interference from some appliance in your home or neighbors. Or if it's just your phone.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #3,088 of 6,468
Oct 11, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #3,089 of 6,468
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back