USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jun 16, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #2,536 of 6,456
Hi all,

Just bought me a dc03 and trying to update to the v1.1 firmware but having no luck on windows 10. Already installed the Savi BRAVO-HD Driver but the device still not detected. On the device manager it shows "Unknown USB Device(Configuration Descriptor Request Failed). Any guide to resolve the issue would be much appreciated.

Try removing the driver and rebooting and trying again. Also try on another USB port.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,538 of 6,456
Still no updates? 😔
Not yet. Doing impressions test for over 20 dongles with each of them needing at least 3 hours of critical listening aint exactly an easy process. And this is not even my full time job, it's a hobby

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #2,539 of 6,456
Not yet. Doing impressions test for over 20 dongles with each of them needing at least 3 hours of critical listening aint exactly an easy process. And this is not even my full time job, it's a hobby
I see many of us are patiently awaiting your reviews now. Your efford in this regard is highly appreciated. Take all the time you need! Work and social life is more important and most of us here will agree. Best of luck to you!

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #2,545 of 6,456
I know the ibasso dc04 drops the hardware volume to half for phone calls and notifications which is great practically so you don't blow your eardrums. Do others have this feature? The shanling ua2 doesn't and i would consider this an important feature after living with both.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #2,546 of 6,456
My guess is right. Dc03 does not support ryzen proc. I have tried with intel PC and it can detect the dongle. I have run firmware update to v1.1 but my Samsung M31 still cannot detect dc03.
I'm pretty sure the processor has nothing to do with it. Seems like a bad OS setting or usb port issue of the motherboard to me. I'd suggest to search about the error message, (device descriptor request failed) maybe it's an issue with how the power management treats the usb port. For example this article mentions the selective suspend settings as a possible cause.
You could also find the log for the dac in the device manager, maybe there's some useful info there. For a first move I'd try to remove the device with device manager and then let windows install the default driver for it. Maybe even check the BIOS settings related to usb

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #2,549 of 6,456
Guys I need an advice...
Currently I am using a XtremMusic X1 Pro USB DAC (Rebranded "Speaka")
Specs: TAS1020B+ES9023+TPA6130A2

While using it on my Smartphone (Poco X3 Pro) the Volume Control doesn't work on Spotify etc. and I don't want to buy a special app like USB Audio Player Pro.

My Headphones are Superlux HD668-B, some IEMs (Blon-BL3, KZ ZSN Pro) and 32 Ohm Earbuds (MX500... Vidos etc.)
I want a mobile dongle that gives me a little bit of better sound on my Smartphone and Notebook for around 20€.

What can you recommend on AliExpress?
Anything better for my purpose than a CS43131 DAC like JCALLY JM20?

Jun 25, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #2,550 of 6,456
Guys I need an advice...
Currently I am using a XtremMusic X1 Pro USB DAC (Rebranded "Speaka")
Specs: TAS1020B+ES9023+TPA6130A2

While using it on my Smartphone (Poco X3 Pro) the Volume Control doesn't work on Spotify etc. and I don't want to buy a special app like USB Audio Player Pro.

My Headphones are Superlux HD668-B, some IEMs (Blon-BL3, KZ ZSN Pro) and 32 Ohm Earbuds (MX500... Vidos etc.)
I want a mobile dongle that gives me a little bit of better sound on my Smartphone and Notebook for around 20€.

What can you recommend on AliExpress?
Anything better for my purpose than a CS43131 DAC like JCALLY JM20?
You should check this thread out -
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/40-...ted-and-ranked-subjective-impressions.958216/

You will find comprehensive comparison between tons of dongles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back