USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Oct 1, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #1,548 of 6,526
I have a pair of westone um pro 50s. I just got the new galaxy tab s7 plus, and I want to be able to use my headphones with it, but its only usb c connection.
What would you guys recommend for adapter/dac. Size isn't an issue. Just looking for sound quality. Thanks

Oct 2, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #1,549 of 6,526
I have a pair of westone um pro 50s. I just got the new galaxy tab s7 plus, and I want to be able to use my headphones with it, but its only usb c connection.
What would you guys recommend for adapter/dac. Size isn't an issue. Just looking for sound quality. Thanks
Lotoo PAW S1, iBasso DC03 (replaced DC02), Meizu HiFi DAC Pro
Also Shanling recently announced its UA line
You can consider iFi hip-dac, nano iDSD BL, xDSD too
There's also something like Creative SXFI AMP

Don't forget to use an audiophile player app, like FiiO Music, Onkyo HF Player, HiByMusic, USB Audio Player Pro

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #1,550 of 6,526
Hi. I think this is the right thread to ask. Is there any dongle that I can use to power these EP05 , which have an impedance of 320 ohms. I'm a noob at these stuff so I'd really appreciate it. Oh, and I don't think I'd go for something more than $40 USD. TIA

Oct 2, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #1,551 of 6,526

Don't forget to use an audiophile player app, like FiiO Music, Onkyo HF Player, HiByMusic, USB Audio Player Pro
thanks for the input. should i also look for a dac/ amp combo? or would a dac alone be ok

Oct 2, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #1,553 of 6,526
thanks for the input. should i also look for a dac/ amp combo? or would a dac alone be ok
Well, a DAC is not complete without an amplifier. All these units provide amplification and are DAC/amps, they just might not have a separate amplifier chip. And because you're using an IEM, you don't need extra amplification.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #1,554 of 6,526

Consider AudioQuest DragonFlies too. I forgot to mention.

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #1,555 of 6,526
Well, a DAC is not complete without an amplifier. All these units provide amplification and are DAC/amps, they just might not have a separate amplifier chip. And because you're using an IEM, you don't need extra amplification.

Actually some IEMs do scale better with amping, especially stuff like planars or certain dynamic driver types (eg Final Audio E3000, Final Audio E5000, HZSound Heart Mirror). It improves soundstage, dynamics and details slightly, not just a volume increase. But for some multi driver high sensitivity types maybe amping doesn't add much to scaling the sound.

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,558 of 6,526
Hey,
I am going to buy a new phone which doesn't have a 3.5mm audio jack so I need another solution.
What do you think, can I combine this USB-C connector-chip with an aftermarket Cable? I know that I have to solder and connect it properly and all that.
The simple reason why I don't want to use adapters like this one is that everything needs to fit into my jeans pockets and thats not what I want...

Thanks in advance!
Tom

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #1,559 of 6,526
Hey,
I am going to buy a new phone which doesn't have a 3.5mm audio jack so I need another solution.
What do you think, can I combine this USB-C connector-chip with an aftermarket Cable? I know that I have to solder and connect it properly and all that.
The simple reason why I don't want to use adapters like this one is that everything needs to fit into my jeans pockets and thats not what I want...

Thanks in advance!
Tom
Check out ddHiFi TC35B.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ddhifi-tc35b-usb-type-c-usb-c-dac.24382/reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back