USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 13, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #661 of 6,187
Can somebody explain how to get Qobuz running through this app, i know this is possible now thanks to the latest update enabling the ability to use BubbleUPnP with UAPP but I just cannot figure out how to play Qobuz

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #662 of 6,187
  Hello. First of all, I'm very happy with UAPP, so let's get that straight!

But I thought I'd list my niggles:

1) Tidal: doesn't have "My Artists" option.

We hope to add 1) soon.

I see that it's done now - that was soon! Very awesome - thanks.

And I'm not really familiar with the "UpNp media renderer" stuff, but it sounds potentially very useful as well.

You guys are on fire!

Edit: could the "UpNp media renderer" stuff somehow allow you to play downloaded/offline Tidal songs?

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #663 of 6,187
I'm really enjoying the UAPP app on my onkyo DP-X1 and use it when connecting to my Mojo. I tried the upnp option with bubbleUPNP and managed to get it working with tidal both on my onkyo and using my Samsung tablet as a remote. However I did get some skipping and glitchy playback. One of the things I liked about using bubbleupnp was the ability to access tidal genres.

So now that artists are available on UAPP I'd like to add a feature request to be able to access genres in Tidal. I find this a useful feature to find new albums in specific genres and bypass the rap and pop bias in the new albums category. Thanks.
Rick

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #664 of 6,187
Qobuz is not supported yet. I have requested qobuz to be supported, but seems there is a patch that needs to be open up by qobuz. I have sent an email to qobuz as well but no reply.

Can somebody explain how to get Qobuz running through this app, i know this is possible now thanks to the latest update enabling the ability to use BubbleUPnP with UAPP but I just cannot figure out how to play Qobuz

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #665 of 6,187
Question about skips and playback glitches.
I'm sure these are caused by some background Android process eating up CPU cycles. It only happens every once in a while. I do better when I set my Note 4 to Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb but it still happens every once in a while. Any suggestions on eliminating these or is this an inherent limitation of using a phone as your transport device?

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #668 of 6,187
Never mind. I disabled Sync and that seems to have done the trick.

An android rookie here. Where did you disable sync as I can't seem to find a sync setting in either app. Thanks.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #669 of 6,187
Hi all,

I have an SD card with some DSD albums and FLAC albums. However UAPP cannot see the DSD albums. However if i use file manager to browse to these albums UAPP can play them?
So why cannot these albums be displayed within UAPP app itself?

Thanks

Jun 26, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #670 of 6,187
Hi all,

I have an SD card with some DSD albums and FLAC albums. However UAPP cannot see the DSD albums. However if i use file manager to browse to these albums UAPP can play them?

Thanks
+1 (I posted exactly the same question to realise you've already posed it)

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #671 of 6,187

Hi all,

Thanks

+1 (I posted exactly the same question to realise you've already posed it)

I believe UAPP gets it's artist/album info from the Android system. Tthere's a pop-up about this the first time you try to browse for content. Click the "?" to see it again.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704065/usb-audio-recorder-pro-uapp-24-and-32-bit-playback-ubiquitous-usb-audio-support-for-android/345#post_11521783

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #672 of 6,187
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Bought the new parametric eq add on from the latest release, and now cannot make myself happy with a tone I like...

Ignorance is bliss!?

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #673 of 6,187

I believe UAPP gets it's artist/album info from the Android system. Tthere's a pop-up about this the first time you try to browse for content. Click the "?" to see it again.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704065/usb-audio-recorder-pro-uapp-24-and-32-bit-playback-ubiquitous-usb-audio-support-for-android/345#post_11521783

True. We urgently need to integrate our own database code. It's now highest on our big-project todo list.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #674 of 6,187
SACD ISO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back