USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 23, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #646 of 6,179
anybody compared uapp in Android with foobar on windows while feeding to external DACs ? IMHO uapp should sound better as it is more direct and uses simpler and less noisy Android (off course in airplane mode )

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #648 of 6,179
anybody compared uapp in Android with foobar on windows while feeding to external DACs ? IMHO uapp should sound better as it is more direct and uses simpler and less noisy Android (off course in airplane mode )

Is foobar a free windows app
I may have to investigate. If free I will install and let you know, if not free I'll give it a miss as I currently have and have paid for JRiver

L3000.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #649 of 6,179
JRiver and Foobar2000 sounds the same (as for me b/w). Like JRiver better because of UI, not just a music but a Media Player, VT plugins.

If not for my VST plugins JRiver may have a ran for his money compared to UAPP. With Foobar2000? Prefer UAPP. Haven't touched F2K for about 6 months.

Yes, Foobar2000 is free.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #650 of 6,179
JRiver and Foobar2000 sounds the same (as for me b/w). Like JRiver better because of UI, not just a music but a Media Player, VT plugins.

If not for my VST plugins JRiver may have a ran for his money compared to UAPP. With Foobar2000? Prefer UAPP. Haven't touched F2K for about 6 months.

I too ever since trying JRiver I found the act of tying my Mojo to my aging laptop somewhat a backward step,
when I upgrade maybe not such a bad idea. but right now.....

But with UAPP and access to my NAS drive at home I UAPP my whole library to my content and on multiple devices either  my mobile phone directly, Onkyo DP-X1 or with either connected to my Mojo.(my best combo including the Mojo)

Which ever way my entire library available around the house

beyersmile.png

May 20, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #652 of 6,179
Very nice app indeed! Amazing work, it totally solved the problem of my Galaxy S6 plus + Cozoy Aegis + Roxanne screen off sound crack issue.

I would like to ask this, since UAPP doesn't support Tidal offline play, how can I use the Tidal app with DAC when I am in area without internet connection? At the moment, everytime i plug in my DAC to my phone, it will automatically launch UAPP and you basically can't use Tidal with DAC anymore.

The only solution i have so far is uninstall UAPP when i need Tidal offline + DAC (but i have screen off sound crack issue)
and install UAPP again when i can use Tidal online + DAC (No screen off sound crack issue)

Also is there any chance for you to use the USB driver from UAPP but without the app? This will solve the screen off sound crack issue for me and I will still be able to use Tidal app with DAC. 

Thanks in advance. 

edit: Ok, i found the solution, had to un-tick set UAPP as default when USB is plug-in so that it would free up the port for TIDAL when you need to play it offline. That brings me to my next question, is there anyway we can have the UAPP screen off sound crack tweak apply to native TIDAL when we don't have UAPP active? Can this be done as a separate driver or some sort?  

May 31, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #653 of 6,179
Hello. First of all, I'm very happy with UAPP, so let's get that straight!

But I thought I'd list my niggles:

1) Tidal: doesn't have "My Artists" option.

2) Tidal: Search for artist (ie Supertramp) which lists albums, select an album, start playing a song. At that point there is then no way to backup to the list of artist's albums. Instead, you have to start the search over again.

3) When you exit and re-enter UAPP, the volume doesn't seem to default to the last volume used, but instead seems to default to maximum. I haven't quite figured out what's going on, but I have blasted my ears a few times, so I'm having to be careful.

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #654 of 6,179
  Hello. First of all, I'm very happy with UAPP, so let's get that straight!

But I thought I'd list my niggles:

1) Tidal: doesn't have "My Artists" option.

2) Tidal: Search for artist (ie Supertramp) which lists albums, select an album, start playing a song. At that point there is then no way to backup to the list of artist's albums. Instead, you have to start the search over again.

3) When you exit and re-enter UAPP, the volume doesn't seem to default to the last volume used, but instead seems to default to maximum. I haven't quite figured out what's going on, but I have blasted my ears a few times, so I'm having to be careful.

We hope to add 1) soon. About 3: which DAC are you using, do you have software or hardware volume selected and are you running version 2.6.4 of the app?

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #655 of 6,179
Is there a way to add "composers" as a search option? I can see Artists, Albums, etc, but "composers" would be very useful for Classical listeners like myself

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #656 of 6,179

We hope to add 1) soon. About 3: which DAC are you using, do you have software or hardware volume selected and are you running version 2.6.4 of the app?

Thanks for the response. That's great about (1).

I am running 2.6.2 of the app, the dac is ZuperDAC, volume control is set to hardware. My phone is a Samsung S5 running android 6.0.1

And I'll add one more:

4) Even though I turn off "screen rotation", the app still rotates (I don't think this was an issue in an earlier version).

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #657 of 6,179

Thanks for the response. That's great about (1).

I am running 2.6.2 of the app, the dac is ZuperDAC, volume control is set to hardware. My phone is a Samsung S5 running android 6.0.1

And I'll add one more:

4) Even though I turn off "screen rotation", the app still rotates (I don't think this was an issue in an earlier version).

Thanks!

Please update to 2.6.4, that should solve 3 and 4.

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #658 of 6,179
Jun 9, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #659 of 6,179
Is there by chance UAPP be Android TV friendly also.

Have a Himedia Q10 Pro...sadly could not access UAPP's settings.  

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #660 of 6,179
Ever since the last update I have a problem with album playback. UAPP skips tracks, going from track 1 to 3 to 5 etc, which is very annoying with classical music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back