USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 8, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #1,786 of 6,187
@Davy Wentzler , iBasso pushed out their Oreo 8.1 beta update for the DX200, and Lurker just posted his beta add-on to enable Google Play. I really want to update, but Fidelizer informed me that 8.1 discontinues support for third party audio effects. So, TB's parametric EQ, no longer works. Is this right?

What happens inside UAPP has nothing to do with any Android version, so it will of course continue to work.

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #1,788 of 6,187
Does UAPP contain an EQ capability, or do I need to use another separate app?

UAPP comes with a graphic EQ. I think it's around 10 bands (?). It works for simple use but it doesn't sound that good. UAPP has an in-app parametric EQ from ToneBoosters that is really good. It's full featured, transparent, and sounds great. It only costs a few bucks to unlock and is totally worth it.

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,789 of 6,187
PLUS Morphlt also from Tonebooster.

If you have your headphone from their database, you can "change" its sound profile from another (ie. Senn HD800 to Hifiman HE6). As with its Equalizer, works only when Bitperfect is Off.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #1,791 of 6,187
Why would you say that built in eq doesn't sound good?
And what is different about those additional tone boosters and morphit?

EQ is not as simple it may seem. It actually takes quite a bit of engineering to change the original waveform of the sound in a pleasing way. All equalizers don't boost and cut frequencies in the same way and some sound better or worse than others. The built in graphic EQ works, but to my ears it sounds rough, grainy, harsh. In comparison, the TB EQ sounds clear and smooth.

Oct 10, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #1,792 of 6,187
UAPP comes with a graphic EQ. I think it's around 10 bands (?). It works for simple use but it doesn't sound that good. UAPP has an in-app parametric EQ from ToneBoosters that is really good. It's full featured, transparent, and sounds great. It only costs a few bucks to unlock and is totally worth it.

Is this the ToneBoosters Equalizer 4? What do you mean when you say that UAPP has the ToneBoosters EQ in-app? I have UAPP installed and am using it, but I haven't seen anything listing or accessing the ToneBoosters EQ, or the EQ you say UAPP comes with, on the UAPP pages I've found.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #1,793 of 6,187
Is this the ToneBoosters Equalizer 4? What do you mean when you say that UAPP has the ToneBoosters EQ in-app? I have UAPP installed and am using it, but I haven't seen anything listing or accessing the ToneBoosters EQ, or the EQ you say UAPP comes with, on the UAPP pages I've found.

Please press the 3 vertical bars icon on top. One of the item in the next dialog is the Parametric EQ, which is the Toneboosters EQ. It requires an in-app purchase.

Oct 10, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #1,794 of 6,187
In UAPP we have two Toneboosters Plug-ins available as in-app purchase (Don't know the versions they are) .

You can access it through the three bar icon on the top right of your screen.

Be sure that Bitperfect is OFF.

EKc8aggl.png

Slide toggle switch to the right and choose the appropriate app.

Tonebooster Equalizer a dyamic equalizer.

u1IObTol.png
Bn4nQsXl.png

And Morphit Mobile to correct, personalize and customize your headphones.

0QmL0m8l.png
6Y3kKwJl.png

Of course....Davy beat me to it...^_^

Oct 13, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #1,797 of 6,187
Hi Davy,
Need your help
After updating from 8.1 Oreo to Android 9 Pie (my phone works under Android One). I get this message "Error Starting Playback", maybe UAPP losing connection with my DAC? (iDSD Black Label, firmware version: 5.2B ‘Disable Sleep’) it happens when I press pause button for about minute or so and pressing it again to play music.

I try with or without battery optimisation for UAPP, adaptive battery function on or off and mix of both.

---------------------------

UPDATE

Problem cause by Nova launcher, after updating to Android P I install Nova launcher, because I hate google search bar and can't remove it from home screen.

But still after uninstalling Nova launcher getting "Error Starting Playback!" (not much often, but stil)

Never had that on Android 8.1

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,799 of 6,187
A friend just installed UAPP and got an initial screen apparently for selection of "scan", manual or automatic. What is that, and should it be manual for most usage of UAPP?

Automatic scans the Music folder on the internal storage and all contents of an external SD card. With Manual you can select which folders to scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back