Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
Jun 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #1,352 of 1,958
Probably the most constructive 3 pages of this damn 91 page thread and we get accused of trolling.  What a freakin joke. Faudrie has all the answers, no if and or buts he knows everything there is to know about the Hiface,  all questions have all been answered before by the experts.  And what has he contributed to the thread?  he's a troll spotter.

Submit

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #1,354 of 1,958

Quote:
Interesting...

My rant was not targeted at regal, but he still identified himself there...

We were discussing topics and having a conversation. All I was doing was following along with the discussion brought up by another and asking question of the people I was talking with.  If you don't like it perhaps you should avoid the submit button.
The only person trolling here is you.
Perhaps all the larger threads should be locked and be for reference only considering they all go in the same circular direction.  Is the idea of a discussion forum lost on you?

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #1,355 of 1,958

Quote:
Probably the most constructive 3 pages of this damn 91 page thread and we get accused of trolling.  What a freakin joke. Faudrie has all the answers, no if and or buts he knows everything there is to know about the Hiface,  all questions have all been answered before by the experts.  And what has he contributed to the thread?  he's a troll spotter.

Submit

I was asking questions and discussing the topics being mentioned by others as were you.  Pretty bad when we cannot do that without some troll sticking his big mouth in there.

Anyway...
I wanted to ask you what ideas you had for the case and the power. I understand you have the batteries etc, but are you considering adding a holder and charging circuit?
I was messing with different ideas for charging circuits so was wondering if you thought anything up.  Thanks for the links the the batteries and charger...

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #1,356 of 1,958
popcorn.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #1,358 of 1,958

Quote:
What is SPDIF anyways?

From Wikki,
S/PDIF is a Data Link Layer protocol and a set of Physical Layer specifications for carrying digital audio signals between devices and stereo components over either optical or electrical cable. The name stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format (more commonly known as Sony Philips Digital Interface), Sony and Philips being the primary designers of S/PDIF. S/PDIF is standardized in IEC 60958 where it is known as IEC 60958 type II. S/PDIF is essentially a minor modification for consumer use of the original AES/EBU standard, providing small differences in the protocol and requiring less-expensive hardware.

Hope that helps.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #1,360 of 1,958
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #1,362 of 1,958
A Hiface competitor called Audiophilleo is designed to connect directly to the DAC's BNC input with an adapter. They seem to think that's the preferable solution over using an S/Pdif cable. As for BNC vs RCA, it's all in the connector. RCA connectors aren't anywhere close to 75 Ohm. I wish more DAC manufacturers would use BNC as RCA based S/Pdif is a significant compromise. Or at least offer both jacks, it's not like its that big of deal. BNC is much more useful than AES/EBU in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back