CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Jan 23, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #676 of 775
what's your favorite iem, @Deolum ?

Jan 24, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #678 of 775
I'm not that of an IEM guy. After that VE demo i bought a Inear Prophile8 which was long time my only IEM but it got quite boring sometimes so i sold it and bought a IE400 Pro which was fun but a bit too bassy. Now i have the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk which is perfect for me.

awesome...always nice to find something we love!

Jan 24, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #679 of 775
We all have different experiences. Hearing the tour package Elysium pretty much changed my audiophile life. YMMV and all that.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #680 of 775
logo-vision-ears.png

https://vision-ears.de/erlkoenig_en

elysium-7.jpg

How many US Head-Fiers have been drooling over the VE8 reviews over the last couple years, topping EU Head-Fiers lists consistently - but have no way to hear them? I have attended Head-Fi events such as RMAF CANJAM many times with no luck. This is the reason that I started offering tours a few years back - so we in the US can hear these jewels when we have no other way to hear them.

Well guess what, VISON EARS has done it again and again with more product that is topping the lists - this time it is the ELYSIUM. The ELYSIUM is VISION EARS very first hybrid driver model, and from what I hear have hit this one out of the park as well. It combines three driver technologies - dynamic, BA, and electrostatic - together in one package offering the best of each. But there is a twist, while most hybrids drive the lows with the dynamic driver VE decided to switch and use the dynamic driver for the mids and the BA for the lows. Based on what I hear about the VE8 lows, VE knows how to do bass right with a BA so no worries there, but this is offering a focus on the mids that seems to be missing on the other competing hybrid models that often come away with a V-shaped signature as the dynamic and electrostatic drivers steal the show from the mids. From the sparce feedback I am reading so far, this was a great choice.

So for this tour, we can compare a classic - VE8 - that is not getting any ear time in the US but sounds like it deserves more attention to a new hybrid champion in the making. Is one better than the other, or do we just have to buy both? Join the tour and find out for yourself. :)

BONUS ROUND: After hearing the ELYSIUM and VE8, I was so impressed that I had to hear the VE flagship, the ERLKöNIG. So it is being added as a bonus round for those that dare. :)

US VISION EARS TOTL CIEM Tour, Featuring
  • ELYSIUM: PRICE: 2900,- €
    • Tech: Four driver three-way hybrid system with a BA, dynamic, and 2 electrostatic driver
    • Drivers: 1BA for bass – 1 dynamic for mids – 2 electrostatic for highs
    • Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL at 1 mW
    • Impedance: 16.4 Ohms at 1 kHz
  • VE8: PRICE: 2.350,- €
    https://vision-ears.de/product/ve-8
    • Tech: Three-way-system with eight BA drivers
    • Drivers: 2 BAs for bass – 2 BAs for mids – 4 BAs for highs
    • Sensitivity: 120dB SPL at 1 mW
    • Impedance: 22 Ohms at 1 kHz
  • ERLKöNIG: Price 4200,- €
    • Tech: Five-way system with 13 BA drivers
    • Drivers: four bass, four mids, four highs, and one super tweeter
    • Sensitivity; TBD
    • Impedance: TBD
Tour Kit Pictures

Tour Kit:

ELYSIUM Unboxing Video:

Media:

06.png

10261980.png

logo-vision-ears.png

elysium-7.jpg

How many US Head-Fiers have been drooling over the VE8 reviews over the last couple years, topping EU Head-Fiers lists consistently - but have no way to hear them? I have attended Head-Fi events such as RMAF CANJAM many times with no luck. This is the reason that I started offering tours a few years back - so we in the US can hear these jewels when we have no other way to hear them.

Well guess what, VISON EARS has done it again and again with more product that is topping the lists - this time it is the ELYSIUM. The ELYSIUM is VISION EARS very first hybrid driver model, and from what I hear have hit this one out of the park as well. It combines three driver technologies - dynamic, BA, and electrostatic - together in one package offering the best of each. But there is a twist, while most hybrids drive the lows with the dynamic driver VE decided to switch and use the dynamic driver for the mids and the BA for the lows. Based on what I hear about the VE8 lows, VE knows how to do bass right with a BA so no worries there, but this is offering a focus on the mids that seems to be missing on the other competing hybrid models that often come away with a V-shaped signature as the dynamic and electrostatic drivers steal the show from the mids. From the sparce feedback I am reading so far, this was a great choice.

So for this tour, we can compare a classic - VE8 - that is not getting any ear time in the US but sounds like it deserves more attention to a new hybrid champion in the making. Is one better than the other, or do we just have to buy both? Join the tour and find out for yourself. :)

BONUS ROUND: After hearing the ELYSIUM and VE8, I was so impressed that I had to hear the VE flagship, the ERLKöNIG. So it is being added as a bonus round for those that dare. :)

US VISION EARS TOTL CIEM Tour, Featuring
  • ELYSIUM: PRICE: 2900,- €
    • Tech: Four driver three-way hybrid system with a BA, dynamic, and 2 electrostatic driver
    • Drivers: 1BA for bass – 1 dynamic for mids – 2 electrostatic for highs
    • Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL at 1 mW
    • Impedance: 16.4 Ohms at 1 kHz
  • VE8: PRICE: 2.350,- €
    https://vision-ears.de/product/ve-8
    • Tech: Three-way-system with eight BA drivers
    • Drivers: 2 BAs for bass – 2 BAs for mids – 4 BAs for highs
    • Sensitivity: 120dB SPL at 1 mW
    • Impedance: 22 Ohms at 1 kHz
  • ERLKöNIG: Price 4200,- €
    • Tech: Five-way system with 13 BA drivers
    • Drivers: four bass, four mids, four highs, and one super tweeter
    • Sensitivity; TBD
    • Impedance: TBD
Tour Kit Pictures

Tour Kit:

ELYSIUM Unboxing Video:

Media:

06.png

10261980.png

I live just outside of Dallas, TX and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I have emailed my required ID verification documentation to billb@AudioTiers.com.

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #682 of 775
Erlk kit arrived safely. Looks good but haven't listened to them yet. Will take a listen shortly
Sweet!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

:relieved:

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #684 of 775
Erlk kit arrived safely. Looks good but haven't listened to them yet. Will take a listen shortly

So jealous...what do I need to do to get this kit up to Canada?

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #685 of 775
I live in Quebec, Canada and would like to participate to the VE Erlkonig tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour and I will have already emailed my required ID verification documentation (I was part of the VE Elysium / VE8 Canadian tour).

Cheers !

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #686 of 775
I live in Quebec, Canada and would like to participate to the VE Erlkonig tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour and I will have already emailed my required ID verification documentation (I was part of the VE Elysium / VE8 Canadian tour).

Cheers !

Wait what...there's an Erlky tour in Canada??

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #687 of 775
The Vision Ears Kit arrived safely, the Ely is giving this avowed mid-head, goosebumps, the tone, across the range, is beautiful! They are power hungry, the DX229 didn't have enough juice, my Whitgir modded Amp 8 was better, and now my Vorzüge Pure II is almost made out on high gain, but oh my, Dire Straights never sounded so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back