CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Jan 1, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #661 of 775
Glad you agree the Elysium is incredible.

Everyone in my circle acted shocked when I claimed it being superior to VE8... but it’s quite immediately audible. Bass is very naturally presented, and despite not being the most gripping - it sounds very correct. Treble is on another level, and very close to the king (KSE).

Fave iem’s so far are: KSE, Ely, Z1R and MEST

Elysium has totally changed the game for me and is imho the IEM to top right now. I'm also surprised at the luke-warm reactions some are reporting for any reason other than its bass response not jiving with them (there is music for which Ely is not ideally suited and everyone's bass tolerance/preference is potentially unique). I think in some cases people went into it with their minds already gelled into a VE8 > Elysium meme they derived from the impressions of others and didn't give it enough time, enough focus, enough power, or whatever. No IEM is "for everyone" but anyone who glosses over the Elysium and doesn't get to know it on its own terms is imho denying themselves one of the, if not the, preeminent IEM experiences currently possible in the world right now. I know that sounds like a strong statement-- but as my days with Elysium wear on it seems to be the way.

Great list of IEMs you have there. Mine would be Ely, Solaris SE, Andromeda MW10, MEST, with the order of the last 3 variable depending on my mood and the music in question.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #662 of 775
Where can I find info about this IEM? I only see it in Japan.

It's presently a Japan-only (limited I think) release. One wonders if it's a preview of something eventually coming in a future wider release.

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #663 of 775
Glad you agree the Elysium is incredible.

Everyone in my circle acted shocked when I claimed it being superior to VE8... but it’s quite immediately audible. Bass is very naturally presented, and despite not being the most gripping - it sounds very correct. Treble is on another level, and very close to the king (KSE).

Fave iem’s so far are: KSE, Ely, Z1R and MEST
Just an added note on the Elysium. If you're willing to go custom, the bass, sub bass in particular, is pushed slightly more forward but still very balanced with the mids and treble. Tight, and with nice timbre and natural decay. I much preferred the overall sq of the custom over the universal. This is my opinion in comparison with the demo universal I spent a week with. I don't know if there were any tuning changes made when VE started selling the universals.

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #664 of 775
Just an added note on the Elysium. If you're willing to go custom, the bass, sub bass in particular, is pushed slightly more forward but still very balanced with the mids and treble. Tight, and with nice timbre and natural decay. I much preferred the overall sq of the custom over the universal. This is my opinion in comparison with the demo universal I spent a week with. I don't know if there were any tuning changes made when VE started selling the universals.

I think they stated that there wasn’t. If I drop 8K and 16K down like 1.5 DB each it tames the highs just slightly and in so doing brings the bass out just a touch and just where I like it. I think it's pretty common that IEMs designed to be custom will sound more optimal in custom form than uni...but as always the comittment is the thing. If I ever go custom it will be Elysium all the way...unless VE eventually releases something even more groundbreaking.

Edit: For anyone interested Final Audio tips-- the kind that come with Campfire IEMs-- have a narrow bore that helps balance out bass and treble just slightly in favour of bass. They also have a super grippy tip so are great for the universal Ely.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #665 of 775
Where can I find info about this IEM? I only see it in Japan.
So far it's a Japan exclusive.

But I think @mvvRAZ contacted VE directly and could be ordered from them. You can probably ask him or contact VE directly as well.

Jan 1, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #666 of 775
So far it's a Japan exclusive.

But I think @mvvRAZ contacted VE directly and could be ordered from them. You can probably ask him or contact VE directly as well.
What VE said could be possible is I’d pay the Japanese distributor and VE would send it to me directly :) it was only a theoretical discussion though, I’m not sure if it is doable

Jan 1, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #667 of 775
It might be possible for me to snag a Meister via the same friend who hooked me up with an MW10...hmm

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #669 of 775
5 Stars?

I don't know what to say...I'm...shocked.

:upside_down:

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #674 of 775
Awaiting verification.

A late registrant for the Elysium/V8 your, I have the EVE20 in house, and the Meistet arriving Monday (total blind purchase, but great seller, and in VE my ears trust), I completed my registration @Barra , thank you for the information. I've been away for a little while due to health issues, but I'm back and ready to start rolling. My retirement consulting gig’s business is starting to pick up and I'm doing a lot of traveling, so transitioning to in-ears.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #675 of 775
Some time ago i was at VE in Cologne and demoed through their whole collection with an Astell & Kern DAP they provided me.

Overall i found the VE8 technically and sonically by far the best. Elysium had a strange sounding frequency response. VE6 was quite nice because of it's bass switch but VE8 was clearly better and i guess VE6 isn't really competitive compared to some never IEMs under that pricerange.

Overall none of them convinced me to drop two grand on an IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back