Uplifting Trance reccomendations
May 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #151 of 560
  Any idea on approximate release date?

All we know is sometime this year

But for now you can enjoy ATB's "Contact" ablum!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #154 of 560
Off topic...

I think I have a music hoarding problem. I decided to delete all my old 128kbps files I've collected over the years, about 10GB worth of them and was going through and listening to them one by one and I was only able to delete 2 files. I just can't do it, they bring back too many memories. Anyone else have this problem?

May 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #155 of 560
Off topic...

I think I have a music hoarding problem. I decided to delete all my old 128kbps files I've collected over the years, about 10GB worth of them and was going through and listening to them one by one and I was only able to delete 2 files. I just can't do it, they bring back too many memories. Anyone else have this problem?
Muhahahaha you can never have too much music... I have over 400 albms or soo of everything amd I cant bring myself to get rid of anything. Even punk rock which is like the bane of music to me remains in my library because I feel ALL music deserves appreciation. Simply put I love music in its entirety.

May 10, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #156 of 560
Muhahahaha you can never have too much music... I have over 400 albms or soo of everything amd I cant bring myself to get rid of anything. Even punk rock which is like the bane of music to me remains in my library because I feel ALL music deserves appreciation. Simply put I love music in its entirety.

It's exactly how I feel. I wish there was a program that could scan your music collection, take the bad quality ones and download them in 320kbps. It's so hard to find old songs in good quality, especially mixes from demo discs and rare remixes. There was a time where all I listened to was dark house in early 2000s and those songs that were circulating in Australia are super rare.

May 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #158 of 560
was it just me or was music sooooooooooo much better back in the day?

It might just be you, I'm really open to all the new trance, there's a lot of cool sounds and new albums are always coming out that really change the definition, that may just be it though, you just prefer the extremely progressive simple style of older trance.

The majority of my older songs come from ASOT 500, I haven't really looked for anything older, because that album is good enough for me, and a lot of the songs on the album are a lot older than the album is.

May 10, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #159 of 560
was it just me or was music sooooooooooo much better back in the day?

It might just be you, I'm really open to all the new trance, there's a lot of cool sounds and new albums are always coming out that really change the definition, that may just be it though, you just prefer the extremely progressive simple style of older trance.

The majority of my older songs come from ASOT 500, I haven't really looked for anything older, because that album is good enough for me, and a lot of the songs on the album are a lot older than the album is.

Its just I've been listening to trance since I got my first Walkman. Which was in like 98-99. I'm not saying that new trance is bad, its just that the old songs sound better. They're just the essence of what trance music should be, well the songs in used to listen to at least. Songs today just don't meet that expectation anymore. Of course there are always exceptions, like Skyfire, for instance. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for a nostalgia trip. =P

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

May 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #164 of 560
Ive got a good questions for you guys!

What was the song that made you fall in love with trance music?

Oh my, I definitely remember. Exploration of space by cosmic gate. They 100% got me started into trance.

Can't believe I've forgotten about that song. It was one of my all time favourites as well.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

May 11, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #165 of 560
So basically, for the longest time, I didn't know what kind of music I liked. I heard my brother play "I'm blue" and "sandstorm" in the car and I liked both. I eventually searched for them on youtube and in the "suggested videos I saw a vid called top 10 electronic songs" or something, so I clicked that, that's when I heard "Exploration of Space". I immediately loved it and started searching other songs by cosmic gate, I made a playlist on youtube with some of their other classic songs. I had a typing class at the time, so I'd use the silly headset, open my youtube playlist and listen while typing.

Finally, I bought an ipod nano from a friend for $40, I found the songs on itunes and started listening, and it just took off from there, my first few albums were: Earth Mover, Sign of the Times, Asot 500, and eventually Asot 2011.

Along with that, I remember how I got into hifi. My apple earbuds broke, and I got a pair of similar sony earbuds from bestbuy, I accidentally cut them through the cord, and I went out again a month later and bought some skull candy in-ears. Few months later, of course they started dying, I was really angry at this point because all of the cables on my 'phones kept breaking. So I spent $100 on sennheiser cx880, (that's more than double what they're at now) eventually the cable broke on those, and I was realizing that there are massive improvements in sq, I bought tf10s for $140 new from amazon, mainly because of the removable cable. I've actually outgrown them and just ordered t-peos h-300, because true to my past, a removable cable was a must have :D.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get to sleep ahah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back