Upgrading from Fischer Audio Eterna Rev 2.
Aug 16, 2011 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ashxcore

Head-Fier
EDIT: Actually the thread is perhaps a misnomer. I'm not upgrading at all, but looking for a replacement.

I was lucky enough to own these once, but they died an untimely death. I loved the sound signature and the price point, but wondering if there is something similar on the market at a lower price? I would probably just buy them again, I liked them so much, but cannot find them anywhere.

I am a bass-head. I enjoy deep bass, especially dubstep. Hip hop. However, I like music across the board, ranging from indie to jazz to death metal to classical and everything in between. I think I prefer warm coloring. I was a fan of the Denon C700 and C551 before the Eterna.

I like to have some sort of clarity, but I prefer a fun, non-fatiguing sound to an analytic one. 

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 19

Quote:
Funnest IEM I ever heard are DDM
check some reviews this wil deliver some real Bass  to your brains !

DDM? Manufacturer? Thanks for your response! 

Quote:
Perhaps the JAYS t-JAYS Three? I feel like they might have too much bass for you though.

I will be sure to look into those. Actually, they cost more than the Eterna, but Bugden Audio seems to be permanently out of stock and the legit vendor on eBay seems to have disappeared too.

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 19
I'm pretty sure the DDM, which is by Radius, cost a good amount more than the Eterna did. I heard there was an oem version though at a much cheaper price, but I don't know how you can buy it.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 19
Would the Klipsch Image s4 be a suitable replacement? They're pretty cheap on eBay, and pretty cheap brand new on Amazon too. I remember when they were around $100, I think. I normally wouldn't be SUCH a cheapskate with my 'phones (as you can see, I've owned some midrange Denons). It will be a little disappointing to retrogress, but my Zune 120 broke at around the same time my 'phones did, and I can't be bothered to shell out so much money right now to replace them both, you know?

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 19
Yesterday I ordered a pair of Sennheiser IE8s to replace my Fischer Audigy Eterna Rev 2s. I love my Fischers, but wanted to try something new.  I will let you know how they compare when they arrive.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 19
Hmm, Im interested in seeing the comparison between the ie8 and the eterna. I like the bass heavy warm sound, but am not going to drop ie8 money until I try the eterna or maybe the ddm

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
Would the Klipsch Image s4 be a suitable replacement? They're pretty cheap on eBay, and pretty cheap brand new on Amazon too. I remember when they were around $100, I think. I normally wouldn't be SUCH a cheapskate with my 'phones (as you can see, I've owned some midrange Denons). It will be a little disappointing to retrogress, but my Zune 120 broke at around the same time my 'phones did, and I can't be bothered to shell out so much money right now to replace them both, you know?

From what I've read about the S4, probably not =/ maybe someone else can chime in.

Yea definitely understand. Maybe get something pretty cheap, like off the FS Forums and save up for something better? Instead of paying a bit more, but not enough and having to deal with them for longer. Don't have any suggestions at the moment but check out ClieOS's Multi IEM review thread and Jokers currently 190 IEM review thread if you haven't already.

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
From what I've read about the S4, probably not =/ maybe someone else can chime in.

Yea definitely understand. Maybe get something pretty cheap, like off the FS Forums and save up for something better? Instead of paying a bit more, but not enough and having to deal with them for longer. Don't have any suggestions at the moment but check out ClieOS's Multi IEM review thread and Jokers currently 190 IEM review thread if you haven't already.

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll do just that.

Quote:
Yesterday I ordered a pair of Sennheiser IE8s to replace my Fischer Audigy Eterna Rev 2s. I love my Fischers, but wanted to try something new.  I will let you know how they compare when they arrive.

The IE8s are most definitely outside of my price range...

I loved my Eternas too. The bass blew me away. But I'm having a lot of difficulty finding them and my budget shrank significantly. lol

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #11 of 19
Do not get the S4s if you like a smooth sound...smooth they are not.

You haven't specified how much you're willing to spend, but if it's under $50 go with the Soundmagic e30, under $100 go with the Brainwavz M3 and if it's under $175 the go VSonic GR07. It doesn't seem like you'd want to go any higher than that.  All three, in my opinion are better overall performers than the Eternas (V2 is the only one I tried). 

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #12 of 19
Well, I asked if there was anything comparable to the Eternas but cheaper, and they ran at least $70...

But yeah, for absolute specificity budget is under $100, preferably $50-60, might be willing to spend $70-80 again (in that case, I might just wait for the Eternas).

Even the Soundmagics you liked better than the Eternas? For what reason?

Thanks for advising me against the S4s. So the sound was what? Fatiguing? Sibilant?

I love that you have a pic of Slug as your avatar. I ******* love Atmosphere btw.

EDIT: Forgot about the swearing thing. That automatic filter looks absurd. lol

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
Well, I asked if there was anything comparable to the Eternas but cheaper, and they ran at least $70...

But yeah, for absolute specificity budget is under $100, preferably $50-60, might be willing to spend $70-80 again (in that case, I might just wait for the Eternas).

Even the Soundmagics you liked better than the Eternas? For what reason?

Thanks for advising me against the S4s. So the sound was what? Fatiguing? Sibilant?

I love that you have a pic of Slug as your avatar. I ******* love Atmosphere btw.

EDIT: Forgot about the swearing thing. That automatic filter looks absurd. lol

LOL...went to Atmosphere at House of Blues San Diego in May and going to the Greek here in Hollywood on the 26th of August.  Can't wait.  They are legit in concert for sure.

As for the S4...yeah, simblant and fatiguing describe them perfectly.  

The Eternas to me were just a bit too bass oriented.  After hearing stuff like the M3s and the GR07s (a little more balanced overall) I just couldn't stand listening to them.  And then I got the Soundmagics last week for gym use and I love them as well.  Just smooth...nice depth to the bass and overall just a well rounded IEM.  The only problem is that they are tough to find.  I had to buy em from a guy on here that got them in England somewhere.

Obviously if you want to spend less than the Eternas, then go with the SMs...definitely a steal at around 40-45 bucks. 

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
LOL...went to Atmosphere at House of Blues San Diego in May and going to the Greek here in Hollywood on the 26th of August.  Can't wait.  They are legit in concert for sure.

As for the S4...yeah, simblant and fatiguing describe them perfectly.  

The Eternas to me were just a bit too bass oriented.  After hearing stuff like the M3s and the GR07s (a little more balanced overall) I just couldn't stand listening to them.  And then I got the Soundmagics last week for gym use and I love them as well.  Just smooth...nice depth to the bass and overall just a well rounded IEM.  The only problem is that they are tough to find.  I had to buy em from a guy on here that got them in England somewhere.

Obviously if you want to spend less than the Eternas, then go with the SMs...definitely a steal at around 40-45 bucks. 

Oh, lucky you living in Cali. I hope they did Lucy Ford and God Loves Ugly stuff. Not too fond of the later releases (surprise!)

I love the bass oriented sound of the Eternas. Funny thing, while researching the S4s, I ran into a post of yours from a year or so ago raving about them. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back