Upgrading from a pair of denon C-751 to what ? Help
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

meridius

100+ Head-Fier
hi all

I have owned a pair of denon in ear C-751 for 2 years and find it's time for a upgrade. I don't want in ear headsets but full sized noise cancelation headsets.

I want something much better than these demons I own now as I want upgrade in sound and as I use public transport a lot I want something that can block out the outside noise.

The only headset I have tried are the Bose c15 I think they where called and they did sound really good but I am not to sure this ther is anything better than these for a cheaper price but also better than my denons.

I am not sure in what to get or try as I would love to get a really good upgrade to what I have now.

Thanks for an help.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 9
IMO it seems like a redundant upgrade, going from good portable earphones to good portable headphones in around the same price range. I would say either up the budget, or buy headphones for at home, not portable.

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 9
i have herd that £100 beat the £300 bose heasets so i dont think you can compire headsets from price points so if i bought 2 sets of £150 headsets that would not mean they sound just as good like your saying

and i dont listen to music on headsets at home

the denons are IEM but they dont block out much sound at all plus after 2 years there herting my ears now, i also use comply foam tips for them which helps but just want somthing alot better

i know you all say bose are not that good which i accept but they did sound better than my denons becasue i could hear more instruments in the background. but for one there to much money. would any headset at the £150 mark blow my denons away as this is what i am afaid of paying for somthing that is not better.

cheer s

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #9 of 9
Well I can't comment any further then I guess. I have very little experience in this price category. The only think I have extensively tested are my dt990s and hd650s.

As for your argument about bose 300pounds vs 100punds say grados. That's because for one bose is well marketed, bose concentrates on noise cancelling, grados are open, and all you get with grados is a headband of garbage belt, the padding is the same foam as what my hd650s came packed in, and I doubt the rest of the build quality is any good. Therefore all the money of the grados goes into sound and you get really good sound.

Based on what you want some common recommendations in this price range include:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT250-Headset-80-OHM/dp/B0002V9EA4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1316023202&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ATH-M50-Audio-Technica/dp/B000UVGI6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316023408&sr=8-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back