Upgrade from meelec m6
Jul 29, 2010 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

-Morris-

New Head-Fier
Hi,
 I'm looking at getting a new pair of iem's soon which will be upgrade from my current M6's. I've been reading up on the hippo vb, which should be good for half my music taste (hip hop, electronic) but what i want to know is would the bass be precise enough on the vb's for Metal ( bands like Deicide, Hypocrisy, Marduk etc. ) which are a lot faster paced than the other genres. I will be using these with my rockboxed Fuze. Also if anyone has upgraded from m6's and listens to similar genres let me know what you upgraded to.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm in a similar position and I'd be curious to see responses. 

If it's of any help I'll share my site-unheard findings that have resulted from my research, scouring over reviews and asking opinions here and there.

Short list:
-Brainwavz M1, Visang R02, Visang R03/M2, Hippo,Fischer Eterna v.1, Fischer Silver Bullet

The decision likely becomes much easier if you're willing to dip further into the +100$ range, i.e. Monster Turbine Gold/Copper, HJE900. My current decision is to wait for Fischer Audio's new lineup, in particular the Genesis. 

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 4
All of these are better than the M6 so it really depends on what you like/dislike about the M6. Hippo VB is definitely accurate enough for metal if you like your sound hard and aggressive. 

Quote:
Short list:
-Brainwavz M1, Visang R02, Visang R03/M2, Hippo,Fischer Eterna v.1, Fischer Silver Bullet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back