Upgrade from Klipsch Custom 3 (less than $150)
Feb 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Just curious ericp10, did you find any IEMs/headphones that are true upgrades to the KC3?  I feel like my tastes are just like yours from what I've been reading.  

Under $150, no @  xtasi. Over (like $300 price range), the FX700 and Earsonics SM2 and SM3 are better.... But for acoustic music, I can't think of anything that really sounds better to my ears (FX700 is close). Now, I'm only talking about universals and not customs. You might like the HJE900, but that again is a different sound signature. I do enjoy the Panny however.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 20
If this means anything at all, I made the decision to upgrade my custom 3s with the beautiful red ortofon e-q5. I'm desperate for no sibilance and I think these may take me to the promise land. I'm pumped to get my package.

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #18 of 20

@BRCMRGN

How much is it costing you to recable the KC3? And do you have any pic of what it looks like?
Thanks

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #19 of 20
The combo I like for my Zune HD unamped are the Turbines with the foam Monster SuperTips...I listen to 90% rap and a little guitar/acoustic type stuff.  Fantastic combo in my opinion.  Had the Senn ie6s and they were awesome with my Cowon J3 & S9 but just didn't work very well with the Zune HD for some reason.  I do have a set of NuForce 700x coming my way this week just because.  :)  We'll see how those stack up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back