Upgrade from HiFiMAN HE-4XX (or your favorite fun headphones under 500)?
Feb 13, 2020 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rolley

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've had my HiFiMAN HE-4XX for about 18 months now and before this I used Sennheiser HD6XX and Beyerdynamics DT770 (80).

I've enjoyed the HE-4XX the most by quite a large margin. To me, these are a fantastic fun headphone with a decent amount of bass which I like.

I'm looking to upgrade from these because the cord is starting to break and the pads are quite worn. I definitely could just replace both of these things or even buy a new pair of these but I just wanted to consider all my options.

The headphones will be used for everything (music, movies, games, etc.) but probably predominantly for games. I just wanted to see what headphones people think could be considered an "upgrade" from these or everyone something similar but a bit different.

So what would your recommendation be for a fun pair of headphones under $500 that could be used for games (but also great for music) for someone who really enjoys the HE-4XX?

I have a Burson Play so I should be okay to drive most things (if you recommend something this can't drive, maybe mention that in the post as a heads up)

I'm open to all options so please feel free to throw plenty my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back