[Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12
Jul 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #91 of 116
Quote:
Depend on our different demo, the 6 AAA batteries have the best sound quality, and it can almost puch out 800mW per channel@32ohs driver. I think it can drive most headphone quick well even the 250ohms DT880,

800mW................that is a lot of power considering the E11 drives most people's 250 ohm Beyer's.........

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #92 of 116
Quote:
Maybe we can create another thread about E02i, the ETA of E02i is about 20th Aug.

Have you though about making a single thread for discussions & announcements & questions on all Fiio products.
Like "The Fiio Appreciation and Support Thread"
Or "The Ultimate Fiio thread"
or 'All Things Fiio"
or whatever thread title you come up with.

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #94 of 116
E02i looks interesting.  I hope the cable is longer than the picture shows, otherwise the mic won't pick up any sound while the smartphone is in the pocket.
I also hope it can act as an attenuator of some sort, since smartphone DAC & music streaming are often plagued with hissing.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #95 of 116
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 30, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #97 of 116
Quote:
ROCKY.jpg

FiiO is releasing image of an upcoming product call the E02i 'ROCKY'. You can think of it as an upgrade mix of FiiO E1 and E3, an in-line amp with mic and remote support for the iPhone. Detail is slim at the moment, but there is also the possibility of a version for smartphones other than Apple.
E12.jpg

Here is the initial rendering of E12, which is going to be the higher end project FiiO is working on. No other detail yet.

I would like them to build a highend portable cd player, as there aren´t any on the market today and just like vinyl, the cd will never dissapear.For those who have an amp / DAC unit, is it possible to use a cd drive unit, and if so does it bring advantage over an ordinary portable cd player?

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #99 of 116
Quote:
I would like them to build a highend portable cd player, as there aren´t any on the market today and just like vinyl, the cd will never dissapear.For those who have an amp / DAC unit, is it possible to use a cd drive unit, and if so does it bring advantage over an ordinary portable cd player?

I know a CD player which acts only as a transport:Heed Obelisk DT. If you have a DAC that you love and just want a transport it can be a great product. But +1 for fiio making a CD transport. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #100 of 116
Quote:

There are some portable CD players that have S/PDIF coaxil or optical out of which you can then use your own DAC and amp with.

Such as taping an E17 or Dzero to the back of your CD player and then proceeding to stuff it into your hoodie's pockets and then walk around town constantly taking the disk out when you want to listen to another one and then procedding to open your back pack, and then proceeding to open your multi disk collection and then putting it into your CD player while your headphone wire is maybe touching the ground....

I'd rather get a iPod Classic 120GB with lossless songs ripped with an LOD and amp at that point..... hey. The CD won't die as you ripped them into the iPD :) 
popcorn.gif
As you can tell, the second extended and gramatically incorrect sentence is just a satrical/comedic thing but yes. Some CD players are good at accurately reading the disks and also having S/PDIF coaxil or optical toslink out you can use.

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #101 of 116
Quote:
I would give someone a hug if fiio comes out with a cheaper alternative too the "cypher labs algorhythm solo" (clas)

WOW!  That's crazy!  That thing is nearly $600!  That's more than e.g. an iPhone itself!... 

This is why I love FiiO.  It's hard to look at anything else nor did I before them.  Nothing is worth more than the prices FiiO charges and until "higher fidelity gear" with similar functionality can be figured out to be made more cost-efficient, their existence is meaningless unless price isn't a factor, which regardless of someone's financial situation I think it should be.  It's as pointless in my opinion as buying a Bugatti to drive it to the grocery store, or anywhere really, unless it's for the enjoyment of having the piece of technical art itself.  Considering here we're talking about function, FiiO has it right and I disagree with the notion some people are suggesting for FiiO to release products in more expensive ranges to compete with the most expensive things which can be found essentially.  FiiO is ALREADY competing with what they do with everything and anything else available.  What they're doing in the current marketplace is beyond what anyone seemed to have been willing to do for so long (from when things started moving away from full-sized cans in the 80's to now - Apple earbuds) and that alone is real innovation, not to mention a realistically long awaited effort.  When it comes to engineering/design creativity, it defeats the purpose when you're not objective about the value behind the ideas and their practicality. 

In short, yes, I agree with the quoted statement :wink:  It's really discomforting; there's no reason that thing should cost even a small fraction of what it does!  Oh no, digital out from an iPod!  That's great and all but insane, especially compared to the appropriate $10 for a FiiO L11.  I'd say even the cheapest computer motherboard has a more complicated circuit board and has much more expensive components than "Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo".  Shouldn't this be an apparent relative fact to realize from the beginning?.. :/

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #102 of 116
Quote:
WOW!  That's crazy!  That thing is nearly $600!  That's more than e.g. an iPhone itself!... 

This is why I love FiiO.  It's hard to look at anything else nor did I before them.  Nothing is worth more than the prices FiiO charges and until "higher fidelity gear" with similar functionality can be figured out to be made more cost-efficient, their existence is meaningless unless price isn't a factor, which regardless of someone's financial situation I think it should be.  It's as pointless in my opinion as buying a Bugatti to drive it to the grocery store, or anywhere really, unless it's for the enjoyment of having the piece of technical art itself.  Considering here we're talking about function, FiiO has it right and I disagree with the notion some people are suggesting for FiiO to release products in more expensive ranges to compete with the most expensive things which can be found essentially.  FiiO is ALREADY competing with what they do with everything and anything else available.  What they're doing in the current marketplace is beyond what anyone seemed to have been willing to do for so long (from when things started moving away from full-sized cans in the 80's to now - Apple earbuds) and that alone is real innovation, not to mention a realistically long awaited effort.  When it comes to engineering/design creativity, it defeats the purpose when you're not objective about the value behind the ideas and their practicality. 

In short, yes, I agree with the quoted statement :wink:  It's really discomforting; there's no reason that thing should cost even a small fraction of what it does!  Oh no, digital out from an iPod!  That's great and all but insane, especially compared to the appropriate $10 for a FiiO L11.  I'd say even the cheapest computer motherboard has a more complicated circuit board and has much more expensive components than "Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo".  Shouldn't this be an apparent relative fact to realize from the beginning?.. :/

Reason why these devices are so expensive is because they have to buy the rights to bypass the the idevices internal dac from apple, which i think is rather expensive. So the blame should go to apple imo.

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #103 of 116
Quote:
Reason why these devices are so expensive is because they have to buy the rights to bypass the the idevices internal dac from apple, which i think is rather expensive. So the blame should go to apple imo.

The trouble to us is not the cost of the licence, it is a very small amount . so almost nothing about Apple

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back