Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 5, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #288 of 1,751
DHL dropped off something special just now. 

Pics galore!!! Thanks xDuoo :)  This is gonna be quite interesting!

As you can see the packaging is eye catching and pleasing and compact. The front panel is very apple-esque, me likey!

Included accessories is par for the course, and the added screen protectors is a nice touch. I was quite surprised to see color image inserts inside the manual, pleasing to the eye. 

Beauty shots highlighting the external features and input/outputs. Quite a looker if I say so myself. 

Will post impressions and pictures of UI once I get a chance to use it at home.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #289 of 1,751
  DHL dropped off something special just now. 

Pics galore!!! Thanks xDuoo :)  This is gonna be quite interesting!

Beauty shots highlighting the external features and input/outputs. Quite a looker if I say so myself. 

Will post impressions and pictures of UI once I get a chance to use it at home.

TYVM for your pics bro, the first nice pics i've seen of the unit, now awaiting your review and especially comparison to other daps. thank you bro

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #292 of 1,751
Hope we can get some pictures of the device turned on too

Here ya go

​
Edit: I am literally speechless at how good it sounds with line out to FiiO A5 
eek.gif
 The headphone out is no slouch either, in fact it sounds quite dynamic but line out to A5 has that special sauce that is making me feel things lol. I daresay xDuoo might have a gem on their hands...

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #293 of 1,751
Here ya go

Edit: I am literally speechless at how good it sounds with line out to FiiO A5 :eek:  The headphone out is no slouch either, in fact it sounds quite dynamic but line out to A5 has that special sauce that is making me feel things lol. I daresay xDuoo might have a gem on their hands...

Sounds really good. I guess the sound tuning is a real thing in xduoo.

What do you have to compare with?

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #294 of 1,751
Hows the SQ with the x10 alone? Comparison to Fiio X5i, Fiio X3ii, Shanling M1, Chord Mojo, Ibasso DX80?

Sorry i specifically listed them since they're all that I have and I can better relate with it.

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #295 of 1,751
Sounds really good. I guess the sound tuning is a real thing in xduoo.

What do you have to compare with?

Yeah I have their tube amp TA03 - they really know how to tune gear!

I have the FiiO X7 and its modules. And various dacs and dac/amp combinations (iDSD Micro, Geek Out V2+ Infinity, FiiO E17K)

Hows the SQ with the x10 alone? Comparison to Fiio X5i, Fiio X3ii, Shanling M1, Chord Mojo, Ibasso DX80?

Sorry i specifically listed them since they're all that I have and I can better relate with it.

X10 alone is quite good, if a smidge north of neutral, but honestly its just a slightly different flavor than the line out. Line out feels more airy to me. 

I had the Shanling M1 for a week, but that was some weeks ago so I can't do side by side. but from what I remember the X10 is noticeably playing on a different level. Everything technically form soundstage, dynamics, separation etc is more impressive to my ears. 

I only had the Mojo as a tour unit way back when, far too back for me to reliably a/b them. DX80 I have only heard once or twice at a store and from what I remember it was warm, def warmer sounding than the X10 H/O.

Hope that helps!

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #296 of 1,751

Yeah I have their tube amp TA03 - they really know how to tune gear!

I have the FiiO X7 and its modules. And various dacs and dac/amp combinations (iDSD Micro, Geek Out V2+ Infinity, FiiO E17K)

X10 alone is quite good, if a smidge north of neutral, but honestly its just a slightly different flavor than the line out. Line out feels more airy to me. 

I had the Shanling M1 for a week, but that was some weeks ago so I can't do side by side. but from what I remember the X10 is noticeably playing on a different level. Everything technically form soundstage, dynamics, separation etc is more impressive to my ears. 

I only had the Mojo as a tour unit way back when, far too back for me to reliably a/b them. DX80 I have only heard once or twice at a store and from what I remember it was warm, def warmer sounding than the X10 H/O.

Hope that helps!

Currently, does the X10 suffer from issues like the X3? (i.e. problematic playback of certain bit rates) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back