Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Mar 24, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #1,456 of 1,751
I was a bit premature on the cut off, it for the most part can also be cured by using a cue sheet. This only works when playing a whole album with a cue sheet. Playing random tracks, the cut off and click can still occur.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,460 of 1,751
  Some random thoughts.

I could be wrong but I believe the cut is there when playing songs with different bitrate for example 16/44 to 16/48 or 16/44 to 24/96. In this case, the dac may cut output to avoid weird noises. This problem is with all linux based recent players like Xduoo X3, Xduoo X10 and Aune m1s are the ones I read about. I only have x3 with me. It is probably not DAC issue as Fiio X5 iii with same AKM4490 has implemented gapless playback. It may not be OS related but may be limited by processor power or implementation.

Also with Xduoo Xd-05, there is a relay switch when you switch between music of different bitrate but I have not observed any cuts.I will try to check this and report.

To test, I would suggest users to segregate music based on bitrates and see if still cuts are present. 

I just checked what you wrote. One song - the same. One in folder with a lot of different songs (with different bitrates, etc.), the second in folder with original album - so ripped in one raw. The result in both situations - the same. Short cut at the beginning.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,462 of 1,751
Gapless could be solved by one big flac file with cue file. This DAP is handling cue files without problems.

I am wodering about portable headphones for it. Currently I have RHA MA 350, which I was using with X2. For X10 I am thinking about RHA MA 600. Some guy made quick review on youtube and write even that RHA MA 600 imitate rock eq in your device. What do you think? On X2 I loved rock eq. On X10 there is no eq at all.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #1,463 of 1,751
  Gapless could be solved by one big flac file with cue file. This DAP is handling cue files without problems.

I am wodering about portable headphones for it. Currently I have RHA MA 350, which I was using with X2. For X10 I am thinking about RHA MA 600. Some guy made quick review on youtube and write even that RHA MA 600 imitate rock eq in your device. What do you think? On X2 I loved rock eq. On X10 there is no eq at all.

Agrees, unfortunately the x10 have no eq. really have to depend on the eq of the DAP and head/earphone. Hoping rockbox will be released soon and give us an eq.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #1,470 of 1,751
I was thinking to buy P1 but reviews say that it lacks bass punch, X10 lacks it too... Settled on K3Pro.
X10 lacks low bass extension, but is decent with midbass. But its still thin in comparison to the fiio x5ii i have. That being said, x10 is fast with bass, but not as fast as the Jds c5d i use, but jds lacks mid bass and body overall. So x10 has goods of different worldS:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back