Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Mar 14, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1,426 of 1,751
Did you guys got an issue about hanging and blackscreen while playing music??? Today i got an issue about blackscreen also hanging , all button isnt working even power turn off/on button isnt working only green light blinking at left top, this is only me or you guys got same problem with me..i was hard reset the player with toothpick and thanks god it come good again, but idk if this issue will be come later, what is this..

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,429 of 1,751
I have just purchase a XDUOO X10.
It seems like a great player.
However I do need some expert help, hence my post here.

Does the X10 support imbedded cover art (album art) using MP3 and WMA or any other formats.
I have tried using the TAG software Mp3Tag and the jpeg image imbeds into a MP3 or WMA file correctly and displays on my old Transcend M870 player but won’t display on my new X10.
The same cover art contained in a folder as a separate jpeg file along with a file in MP3 or WMA format displays correctly on the X10.
However I don’t want to set up album folder as I won’t playback to be random from artist to artist not play all songs by one artist until all the tracks on the album are played before jumping to a new artist/folder.

Can anyone give me some help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,430 of 1,751

Does the X10 support imbedded cover art (album art) using MP3 and WMA or any other formats.
I have tried using the TAG software Mp3Tag and the jpeg image imbeds into a MP3 or WMA file correctly and displays on my old Transcend M870 player but won’t display on my new X10.
The same cover art contained in a folder as a separate jpeg file along with a file in MP3 or WMA format displays correctly on the X10.
However I don’t want to set up album folder as I won’t playback to be random from artist to artist not play all songs by one artist until all the tracks on the album are played before jumping to a new artist/folder.

Thanks in advance.

Setting up album folders shouldn't affect indexing by tags, so you should still be able to play the way you want to, but by having album folders with a single jpg in each folder should still allow the player to display the album art to whichever song is playing, even though you're not playing by folder. It also gives you the option to play by folder if you ever want to.

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,431 of 1,751
Did anyone else feel like the random mode is always fond of certain folders and doesnt go to the entire folder list? I have a 128 gb card full of flac, and it keeps playing from the same folders in random mode. I had updated my medialibrary. To say i felt the same with the x3 earlier. On the other hand when i really get a random on my fiio.

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #1,432 of 1,751

Setting up album folders shouldn't affect indexing by tags, so you should still be able to play the way you want to, but by having album folders with a single jpg in each folder should still allow the player to display the album art to whichever song is playing, even though you're not playing by folder. It also gives you the option to play by folder if you ever want to.

I think I must still be missing something. When I set up using one folder per album with one jpeg file in that album folder I get the correct cover art displayed.
However the X10 play all the song in the album folder before moving on to the next folder. Setting “random! play, “folder jump” ON.
The random limitation seem to be as described by Dexter22
What I am looking for, is to, at random play from artist to artist, not play all songs by one artist until all the tracks on the album are played before jumping to a new artist/folder.
If the X10 recognised imbedded cover (album) art I would not have an issue, all my songs in one music folder. Songs would play at random one artist to the next. I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong when using Mp3tag, image size or jpeg file size or something?
A quick experiment with all my songs in one folder, each song with its correct cover art imbedded result in the play flow I am looking for, but no cover art, just the X10 own images displayed.
Any Suggestion
Thanks

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,433 of 1,751
  I think I must still be missing something. When I set up using one folder per album with one jpeg file in that album folder I get the correct cover art displayed.
However the X10 play all the song in the album folder before moving on to the next folder. Setting “random! play, “folder jump” ON.
The random limitation seem to be as described by Dexter22
What I am looking for, is to, at random play from artist to artist, not play all songs by one artist until all the tracks on the album are played before jumping to a new artist/folder.
If the X10 recognised imbedded cover (album) art I would not have an issue, all my songs in one music folder. Songs would play at random one artist to the next. I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong when using Mp3tag, image size or jpeg file size or something?
A quick experiment with all my songs in one folder, each song with its correct cover art imbedded result in the play flow I am looking for, but no cover art, just the X10 own images displayed.
Any Suggestion
Thanks

It sounds like you're navigating to a folder first, and then selecting random play, that's not what you want to do.

Here are the steps I would take if I wanted the outcome you seem to want:

1. Organize my music on the sd card with one album per folder, with the .jpg of that album cover in the folder as well, no more than 300x300 pixels.
  1a. It's OK to start with folders for Artists, then put separate folders for each album in that artists folder.
2. After you've done that, have the player index your card (build the ID3tag library)
3. Since you want to play all artists randomly, just set play mode to shuffle, go to all songs, and hit play.

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #1,434 of 1,751

Thanks in advance.

Maybe it the issue with tag version. I change all my song to a single genre called "music" so I can random play from both sd cards. On my computer, explorer and mediamonkey all they looked fine  as in are the genre showing "music". on x10 there are some song have different genre, and it only affects mp3. I investigate further and found that those with different genre on only x10 only have tag v1 and not tag v2. I suspect that x10 for mp3 only read tag v2. The program I used to identify tag version is kid3 tag editor (https://sourceforge.net/projects/kid3/), maybe you can use it to check and edit the tag according to your needs.

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,435 of 1,751

It sounds like you're navigating to a folder first, and then selecting random play, that's not what you want to do.

Here are the steps I would take if I wanted the outcome you seem to want:

1. Organize my music on the sd card with one album per folder, with the .jpg of that album cover in the folder as well, no more than 300x300 pixels.
  1a. It's OK to start with folders for Artists, then put separate folders for each album in that artists folder.
2. After you've done that, have the player index your card (build the ID3tag library)
3. Since you want to play all artists randomly, just set play mode to shuffle, go to all songs, and hit play.

Thanks Riolist2 for taking the time to help me.
It looks like your approach of setting up folders for artists and including their albums in them, with each album folder containing a cover.jpeg will work for me. Under “Music setting”, setting the “Play mode” to “Random” as the manual describes it and under “My Music” select “All songs” gives me random play between artists and display the correct cover art.
Thanks again for your knowledge and time.

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #1,436 of 1,751
  Maybe it the issue with tag version. I change all my song to a single genre called "music" so I can random play from both sd cards. On my computer, explorer and mediamonkey all they looked fine  as in are the genre showing "music". on x10 there are some song have different genre, and it only affects mp3. I investigate further and found that those with different genre on only x10 only have tag v1 and not tag v2. I suspect that x10 for mp3 only read tag v2. The program I used to identify tag version is kid3 tag editor (https://sourceforge.net/projects/kid3/), maybe you can use it to check and edit the tag according to your needs.

Thanks EasyEnemy for taking the time to reply
It looks like Riolist2 suggestions have given me a direction to get to my goal.
However I have downloaded Kid3 and will take time to understand tag versions to see if it impacts on what I am doing.
Thanks again for your time.

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #1,437 of 1,751
  Maybe it the issue with tag version. I change all my song to a single genre called "music" so I can random play from both sd cards. On my computer, explorer and mediamonkey all they looked fine  as in are the genre showing "music". on x10 there are some song have different genre, and it only affects mp3. I investigate further and found that those with different genre on only x10 only have tag v1 and not tag v2. I suspect that x10 for mp3 only read tag v2. The program I used to identify tag version is kid3 tag editor maybe you can use it to check and edit the tag according to your needs.

Thanks EasyEnemy for taking the time to reply
It looks like Riolist2 suggestions have given me a direction to get to my goal.
However I have downloaded Kid3 and will take time to understand tag versions to see if it impacts on what I am doing.
Thanks again for your time.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #1,438 of 1,751
Hi guys, question.
does the X10 have a "partial repeat" function?
I'll try to better explain myself: it's a function like that used to be on older iRivers, that allow you, inside the same song, to set a "play start" and a "play end" and repeat continuously only that segment of that song. Useful for people studying music.

cheers:wink:

Julia

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #1,439 of 1,751
  Hi guys, question.
does the X10 have a "partial repeat" function?
I'll try to better explain myself: it's a function like that used to be on older iRivers, that allow you, inside the same song, to set a "play start" and a "play end" and repeat continuously only that segment of that song. Useful for people studying music.

cheers:wink:

Julia

I'm afraid not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back