Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #3,766 of 3,931
I finnaly got the answer from UM global :

Re-shell times are sitting at approximately 14 to 18 weeks right now.

UMLab is very backlogged and we're giving priority to clients ordering full customs from us.

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #3,768 of 3,931
  14 to 18 weeks??? What the hell...Who in the world would wanna wait that long??

-J

People who didn't realise it was going to be that long at time of ordering. When I placed my order I was told 4-6 weeks...15 weeks later I got my IEMs. Been waiting 3 weeks to hear back from ACustoms regarding a refit...but given I sent 2 emails and still haven't heard back after 3 weeks I've decided I can't be bothered with them and will just try sorting it myself with some organic nail polish
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #3,769 of 3,931
UM doesn't respond to e-mails, not Global or the lab.  They will not refund money (all e-mails on the subject go unanswered) and they won't supply the product.  They've had my money since the beggining of May.

I don't think the company is functional and while I still hold out hope that someday I may recieve my 3DD the odds of needing a refit are high; that alone might make the whole process last a year or more.

There are currently many companies manufacturing quality customs and providing excellent customer service.  Custom Art and Clear Tunes come to mind.  Even JH Audio will meet your needs if you take the time to get them on the phone (e-mail responses are rushed and often confused).

When a company gets this backlogged/jammed/f'd up you have to ask what's truly going on.  They claim it's an abundance of orders, but JH Audio handles plentiful orders with a staff of 8 (or so I was told on the phone).

Bottom line: Don't be a victim.  Do not send them more money and work they're currently demonstrating they cannot do.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #3,773 of 3,931
First of all, I need to apologize for the long wait time that your guys have been suffering from due to one reason or another.

Currently, we have hired new workers and bought new machines in order to shorten the wait time. We will always keep the same quality for UM products, and that will always be our goal. 

Starting today, all orders (ordered through me) that arrive at the lab will have a maximum wait time of 4 weeks for new CIEM orders, and maybe a little longer for re-shell and upgrades.

Please spread the words!

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #3,774 of 3,931
[COLOR=444444]First of all, I need to apologize for the long wait time that your guys have been suffering from due to one reason or another.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=444444] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=444444]Currently, we have hired new workers and bought new machines in order to shorten the wait time. We will always keep the same quality for UM products, and that will always be our goal. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=444444] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=444444]Starting today, all orders (ordered through me) that arrive at the lab will have a maximum wait time of 4 weeks for new CIEM orders, and maybe a little longer for re-shell and upgrades.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=444444] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=444444]Please spread the words![/COLOR]

They are big words.. But I must admit, the quality of my UM UM3X remould is perfect. If you really do knock the wait time down to four weeks, I think people might find faith..

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #3,775 of 3,931
I have sent UM 4 (first being sent October 15th) emails asking them if they have received my Mage's and impressions for a reshelling and I have yet to get a response. USPS says my order shipped to them, but I haven't heard neither high nor lo from UM. I am not very pleased thus far with my experience from UM.

**Update**

I have finally heard that they made it to them and they have been shipped to UMLabs.

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #3,776 of 3,931
Does someone have contact information for ACustoms in Melbourne? I was told my Miracles would be shipped to me last Monday but I have not heard back since, not even a reply to my two follow up emails. They don't seem to publish phone number info on their website so I'm hoping someone might have a way to contact them...

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #3,777 of 3,931
  Does someone have contact information for ACustoms in Melbourne? I was told my Miracles would be shipped to me last Monday but I have not heard back since, not even a reply to my two follow up emails. They don't seem to publish phone number info on their website so I'm hoping someone might have a way to contact them...

Try this one: +61398265598

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #3,779 of 3,931

Hope that's not them, the number has been disconnected... that would be a way to kiss $1100 good bye I guess...

The one thing this whole experience has taught me is to deal direct with the Manufacturer in the future...

It is old number though. Was working two years back. So may be they changed the place. My UM customs was broken 6 month ago and I had no any intentions to get them fixed by UM. Knowing how "fast" their service are. Just drilled holes and fixed myself :) But still was no cases of fraud from Aus. so far. So too early to be stressed out. Hope they will answer to you soon.

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #3,780 of 3,931
I don't doubt I'll get them eventually as others have. 
normal_smile .gif

Just annoying when you part with that much cash and can't get a response from anyone. Especially since the last I heard they would be on their way to me last Monday and their website says they use an overnight courier service to deliver...
confused_face(1).gif

Anyway, enough de-railing, back to the appreciation of re-shellings!!
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back