Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #3,286 of 3,931
Quote:
I remember trying a westone cable with my Miracles.  It pushed the pins into my iems and was the catalyst for me having to send them back to China.  I would suggest not using a specifically made for westone iem cable on your UM products.

I think um had problems with their sockets and have updated them since to avoid the pins pushing through. Actually somewhere on here UMAus commented on using different cables and said that the closest match to UM was the westone plug in terms of pin diameter and spacing. I'm assuming they were talking about the newer westone plug since it doesn't seem like anyone has had success with the old one? 

If the pin diameter and spacing are OK it should be possible to modify the plug to fit? Maybe we'd need to carve out a little groove in it or something..

Edit. Here is the post:

Our connection is sightly different to the Westone, JH, whomever else's connector.  The difference is mostly in the pin diameter.  Cables not made for UM IEM's that best fit our IEM's are cables made for Westone IEM's.

To date we have officially worked with Beat Audio, Ampcity and Qusp, all of whom have access to our pins and socket detail.  We hope to continue to add to this list!

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #3,289 of 3,931
Quote:
And they are ignoring my calls. They have had my IEMs for a week now and are still incapable of putting them in the post to me. They are a disgrace!

Good God, at this rate I may still get mine back (albeit from fisher, been around 6 weeks for me!)before you get yours!

So how long in total is it for you this time?

Cheers

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #3,290 of 3,931
Ok, first AmpCity doesn't answer calls or emails, doesn't let people know what's going on. Then they do a bait and switch with the UM promo and gave everybody a cheap fragile cable instead of the nice and durable expensive cable, now they won't even give harrisonhawk his iems back.

It's official people. PEOPLE OF THE UK, DO NOT DEAL WITH AMPCITY. People need to know about dodgy dealers like AmpCity and not to use them. AmpCity deserves to go bust for such unethical practices.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #3,291 of 3,931
Quote:
Ok, first AmpCity doesn't answer calls or emails, doesn't let people know what's going on. Then they do a bait and switch with the UM promo and gave everybody a cheap fragile cable instead of the nice and durable expensive cable, now they won't even give harrisonhawk his iems back.

It's official people. PEOPLE OF THE UK, DO NOT DEAL WITH AMPCITY. People need to know about dodgy dealers like AmpCity and not to use them. AmpCity deserves to go bust for such unethical practices.

Agreed. Simply Horrible..

Unique Melody should drop them totally.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #3,292 of 3,931
I placed my first order on February 1st. 8 weeks for the 1st IEMs, and a further week for AmpCity to send the cable from one side of London to the other.
The IEMs were not upgraded as requested and there was an imperfection in one of them. This was the fault of UM, not AmpCity.
AmpCity took my IEMs back and posted them on the same day, assuring me that they would personally see that my order was prioritised.
It's been 9 1/2 weeks since I sent off the last lot. AmpCity have had my IEMs for a week in their offices.
Am still waiting to speak to someone. Their manager texted me to say someone was supposed to call me yesterday! 

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #3,294 of 3,931
A nice quote from their website:

Why don’t I just order direct from the manufacturers?
We offer a level of service that the manufacturers just cannot match. You can contact us at any time, day or night, and speak to a UK based representative that will deal with your needs swiftly and efficiently. 

Further, by ordering with us you can save the hassle of having to order from abroad. No need to deal with shipping fees, Customs, and VAT charges. Items in stock will take two days to reach you and as our orders take priority with manufacturers, we can get it to your door quicker and with less hassle.
deadhorse.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #3,297 of 3,931
I sent my IEMs back to AmpCity for repair 10 weeks ago. I've had about as much communication from them as the rest of you, each time I call I get told no one is available and they'll call me back. The last time a call back was suggested I told the young lady not to bother because we both know it wont happen, she said she'd mark the call as urgent, I responded by laughing.

Anyway, last week I finally got an email saying that all UM customers received a general info update email last week, but they're not sure why I was missed off of it (I don't believe any such email was sent), the email went on to say that my IEMs would be with AmpCity on the 7th and would be shipped to me the same day. As you can probably guess I'm still waiting on my IEMs. Today I have received another email saying my IEMs are still at the labs and they will get them shipped over as a priority as I shouldn't have to wait any longer, I'm also due a call back on Friday before 3pm, apparently its in someone's diary to call me. I'm guessing I'll be without my IEMs for about another 3 weeks (if I'm lucky) and I wont be getting any calls from AmpCity.

I've owned my IEMs since November, by my rough calculation that's about 30 weeks (give or take a week), so I've been without my IEMs for a thrid of the time I've owned them.

I agree with one of the previous posters, UM should drop AmpCity as they are damaging their brand reputation.

Florida

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #3,298 of 3,931
Hey Florida, sorry to hear you're in the same boat. To be fair, I think UM are as much to blame as AmpCity but at least UM respond to emails. That said, I think they've been giving out some bad info recently. At the moment the few messages I've had from AmpCity this week are beginning to suggest that UM still have my IEMs! The wait goes on.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #3,299 of 3,931
I love my merlins, they sound amazing. BUT.....i will never order another UM product ever again. I had to wait 10 weeks for my IEMs. During that time i was consistently ignored (e-mail and phone messages).

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #3,300 of 3,931
Quote:

Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back