Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 31, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #3,271 of 3,931
Quote:
you can have my fortis, i ******* hate the design, reminds me of a beat audio cable. I dispise those cables

Quote:
I'll take it 
tongue_smile.gif
  I'm a good cause, I promise.  

Just saw it.  Nevermind... teehee.

Hehe i'll take it if you don't want it. Hmm, i need some wire to rewire my hair dryer 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #3,275 of 3,931
IDK what they were thinking. Hmm... let me guess,

Ampcity: "Okay lets try to downplay the cable maker, give the promo people an extremely long 6 month wait time and switch the cables to something far cheaper and inferior. Hopefully by doing that, they will forget exactly what we promised them and we can get away with it."

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #3,278 of 3,931

Guys,

all UM UK servers (AmpCity and official UM site) are down now.
frown.gif
AmpCity employees do not respond to my emails at all. 
Who can I contact if I have a problem with bad fit? Stephen Guo?

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #3,280 of 3,931
Is this only a problem with the UK office/AmpCity? I contacted UM Australia a few times and they replied within 24 hours every time.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #3,281 of 3,931
Quote:
yes, you can contact me. i will try to help.

I hope you can resolve the issues that have been occurring lately - your products are highly thought of on head-fi, but your customer service has suffered as of late and this is making many people, myself included, reconsider giving UM business. Whoever is in charge of managing communication between your global affiliates and your main office is not doing their job as effectively as in the past (it does seem to be a breakdown in communication in almost every case I've read about where the customer is having a problem with their order). Heir Audio and 1964 Ears get a lot of respect for their customer service and I hope you can match them in that department as soon as possible.

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,283 of 3,931
Not really sure where to post this, but this seems to be the most active of the UM threads.

My UM cable is harderning a lot and started to crack after just 3 months and it turns out it's not covered by the warranty. Very disappointing. The cables aren't damaged, just extremely hard and brittle, and I don't really see how it could be anything but a defect. I'm really not interested in spending a lot on the Beat Audio cables with such a short warranty so I figure I'll stock up on cheaper Westone/JH cables. I spoke with Stephen, who said that they're both compatible with recessed sockets. I have an older Westone cable next to me right now and it does not fit in the recessed socket.

Does anyone know if the current Westone or JH cables fit the UM recessed sockets? If not are there any <$50 options at all? Or any options with a 1-year warranty?

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #3,284 of 3,931
Quote:
Not really sure where to post this, but this seems to be the most active of the UM threads.

My UM cable is harderning a lot and started to crack after just 3 months and it turns out it's not covered by the warranty. Very disappointing. The cables aren't damaged, just extremely hard and brittle, and I don't really see how it could be anything but a defect. I'm really not interested in spending a lot on the Beat Audio cables with such a short warranty so I figure I'll stock up on cheaper Westone/JH cables. I spoke with Stephen, who said that they're both compatible with recessed sockets. I have an older Westone cable next to me right now and it does not fit in the recessed socket.

Does anyone know if the current Westone or JH cables fit the UM recessed sockets? If not are there any <$50 options at all? Or any options with a 1-year warranty?

I don't know if there's a difference, but is your Westone cable for customs or universal IEMs? Perhaps a Westone's custom IEM cable will work? In anycase, UE custom IEM cables (before September 1, 2010) will work with UM recessed sockets!

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #3,285 of 3,931
I remember trying a westone cable with my Miracles.  It pushed the pins into my iems and was the catalyst for me having to send them back to China.  I would suggest not using a specifically made for westone iem cable on your UM products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back