Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #2,671 of 3,931

Quote:
It's been 6 weeks that I have sent my triple.fi's and impressions and it never arrived to UM in China. I'm starting to think that my package was lost or stolen. What should I do next?

If by any chance it was held in customs(I declared 30eu value!) how long can it be stuck there?

huh, the wait is so frustrating 
blink.gif

m.

Six weeks is definitely on the high side of things, that being said, European non express post tends to be pretty ordinary at best.  Usually items even if checked by customs will clear within about 10 days.  It's a pity we can't track them!

As for the DBA-02, there might have been a miscommunication with one of our re-sellers or perhaps old information, but we can most definitely re-shell them.

May 27, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #2,672 of 3,931
That's good news to hear; BTW, would the DBA-02 or similar IEM be available for additional driver upgrades, or is that option restricted to the IEMs already listed (UM2, UE700, 5Pro, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMelodyAus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for the DBA-02, there might have been a miscommunication with one of our re-sellers or perhaps old information, but we can most definitely re-shell them.

May 27, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #2,673 of 3,931

Quote:
Quote:
It's been 6 weeks that I have sent my triple.fi's and impressions and it never arrived to UM in China. I'm starting to think that my package was lost or stolen. What should I do next?

If by any chance it was held in customs(I declared 30eu value!) how long can it be stuck there?

huh, the wait is so frustrating 
blink.gif

m.

Six weeks is definitely on the high side of things, that being said, European non express post tends to be pretty ordinary at best.  Usually items even if checked by customs will clear within about 10 days.  It's a pity we can't track them!

Yes, it's a pity. Now I'm just trying to figure out where to draw the line and just swallow the loss of triple.fi's and order some other iems. So I'm looking for opinions here. Any similar experiences?

May 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #2,675 of 3,931
Quote:
Hello, I will send my Westone 3 and I wanted to ask you a question, Is recommend request do the dual bore?.

We would be inclined to make them single bore, like the original W3, but if you wish, you can request them in dual bore, though if you are unhappy with the outcome, it will cost you to amend it.  It's always the risk with re-shells.  At least with upgrades we have more control of the sound because we get to add our own cross-overs in.

Kalinowski, we'll sort you out.  Email us.

May 29, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #2,678 of 3,931
We at UMAus aren't experienced with dual bore W3's in particular, so unfortunately we can't offer you any insight.

As for that light purple, shouldn't be an issue, though we certainly can't guarantee they will look exactly like that.  Photography can make things look different to how they would in real life under normal light situations.

May 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2,679 of 3,931

Quote:
We at UMAus aren't experienced with dual bore W3's in particular, so unfortunately we can't offer you any insight.

As for that light purple, shouldn't be an issue, though we certainly can't guarantee they will look exactly like that.  Photography can make things look different to how they would in real life under normal light situations.

Hmm, do you have any fedback regarding dual-bore re-shelled triplefis?

2ndly, do you actually have a light translucent purple & a dark translucent purple as separate options available for re-shells?

May 30, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #2,682 of 3,931
Quote:
if you reshell an ue11, will it sound exactly the way they would, if i order a new one from ue?

The art of custom IEM's isn't really an exact science.  Even though we generate sound profiles for our own IEMs, (Mage, Miracle, Merlin etc), each IEM is different and may sound different due to the shape that the ear provides.  That said, we'll do our best to match it.  So far, we (UMAus) are yet to come across a customer who has re-shelled a custom with us and been unhappy with the sonic outcome.

May 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #2,683 of 3,931
Hey, Question about pricing.

Do the prices on http://uniquemelody.org still stand? or have they changed? (the RMB prices. I live in China)

Thanks

May 30, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #2,684 of 3,931
We're in the process of updating that website (it still has outdated products!)...though if there is a particular IEM you are after, if you find it advertised online, we'll honor the price if we still make them.

May 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #2,685 of 3,931
We're in the process of updating that website (it still has outdated products!)...though if there is a particular IEM you are after, if you find it advertised online, we'll honor the price if we still make them.

awww, it says aluminum case with the iems on that site :frowning2: lol a $20 one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back